NY 2012 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe $15,000.00 Many Extras - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-15-2018, 06:28 AM   #1

Name: Andre
Trailer: Casita
New York
2012 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe $15,000.00 Many Extras

$15,000.00

Great shape! I planned on keeping this forever, but it does not fit two adults, a 10 year old, and a dog.
Ready to camp, NYS inspected, title in hand.
Feel free to PM questions. I would be willing to help transport within 3 hours of Buffalo, NY.

Includes:
Calmark cover
Orbital Machine Works Receiver - connected to frame, not rear bumper.
Orbital Machine Works enclosed propane cover with front door - has platform large enough to support a small generator
Bal crankdown rear stabilizers- much more stable than factory stabs
Maxair vent cover on rear window - this is a smoke color louvered plastic cover that allows the rear window to be open(by about 5") when it's raining
Group 31 AGM solar rated deep discharge battery with Anderson power pole disconnect - 125 Amp Hour at 20hr rate.
Outside shower - factory option
16 gallon freshwater tank - factory option
LED tail lights, turn/brake and backup - this was an upgrade I performed
Freshly packed bearings - flushed and repacked by a local shop
Every exterior and interior light is LED - this is an upgrade, the interior LEDs are a pleasant warm yellow, like an incandescent bulb
100 watt roof mounted solar (Renogy brand) installed with 3m vhb vehicle assembly tape- no hull penetrations - I built a custom mount out of aluminum angle stock, it has about 20 degree tilt towards the front of the camper to help with aerodynamics and light gathering.
Maxair rain cover on fan - this allows the fantastic vent to run while it is raining outside, it works in conjunction with the cover on the rear window
Disconnectable power cord with Stainless Steel Marine Grade cover
LED belly band lighting - this lighting is invisible until turned on, it is connected to a controller that allows any color of light to be displayed on the outside of the camper, including white, which is very useful for setting up camp after dark.
Fast gray and 3” waste pipe upgrade - this upgrade was performed by me using parts from Little House Customs
Custom exterior storage for 50’ freshwater hose, sewer line with elbow, and flagpole!
Toolbox mounted on propane cover- this can be seen in the pictures, you would remove this toolbox if you wanted to mount a generator here.
High rise faucet - from Little House Customs
Hardwood floors - purchased from Lumber Liquidators. This is their highest quality product, pre-finished with a coating much harder than you could apply DIY.
Custom bed platform- easily removable! Old dinette pieces intact and included. The bed platform is reinforced cabinet grade plywood, unlike the MDF table that came with the camper this has absolutely no flex.
Dual USB (2.4 amp!) charging installed in bed area and under side dinette.
Fridge button guard and ss reinforced hinge plate - these are sold by Little House Customs, the hinge plate guarantees that fridge door hinge will never fail
Voltage meter mounted above side dinette - this is not as good as a true shunt connected battery monitoring system, I have found it to be more than adequate for approximating how much battery capacity I have remaining and verifying whether or not the solar panel or the shore power charging system is providing power to the battery.
Fresh Propane detector- these need to be replaced every 5 years
Painted doors (may not be to your liking but easily changed!)- I checked the cost with the Casita Enterprises parts department - $480 plus shipping to replace every door.
Dry deck on bath floor
Shampoo, conditioner, and soap dispenser mounted in bath
Custom toilet paper dispenser mounted in bath where it won’t get wet!
Hepvo valves for shower and kitchen sink! No pull to drain!
Upgraded 12v power center and battery charger - I replaced the original with higher quality unit rated at 55 amps charging (I increased the size of the cables going to the battery to accommodate this) that supports multiple charging voltages - without this upgrade a bigger battery would likely not get enough power or have enough float voltage to work reliably. ( Model - Progressive Dynamics PD4655V Inteli-Power 4600 Series Converter/Charger with Charge Wizard - 55 Amp)
One piece foam mattress- all original cushions included, the one piece mattress is much more comfortable than the dinette cushions.
Custom shelf in tv area - original included
Custom “night stand” mounted to bed side of divider with light and usb charging
Every door catch modified with a trim ring to ensure better operation
Upgrade side dinette table - cabinet grade plywood
All additional wiring done to much higher than factory quality
High lift axle
Fast flip mounted on tongue jack
Furnace
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1443.jpg   IMG_1442.jpg  

IMG_0555.jpg   acfoti casita mods05.jpg  

acfoti casita mods29.jpg   acfoti casita mods32.jpg  

acfoti casita mods33.jpg   acfoti casita mods39.jpg  

acfoti casita mods42.jpg  

acfoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:39 PM   #2

Name: Dan
Trailer: In the market
Massachusetts
Where are you located?

Hello - I am interested in your Casita. I'm just south of Boston. Happy to call you directly.
Thanks
Dan

danofdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:47 AM   #3

New York
Dan - I have sent you a PM - Andy
Old 08-16-2018, 07:22 AM   #4

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Wow! This will be a quick sale....
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:32 AM   #5

Name: Mark
Trailer: In the market
Massachusetts
Confused...

How does a 17' not fit two adults a kid and a dog??

People put more than that in a Scamp 13!
MarkLat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:05 AM   #6

New York
Let me rephrase...
It does not fit two adults, a child, a dog, and my sanity

All the warm bodies physically fit, but it's tight and my family doesn't enjoy the camping experience.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:37 PM   #7

New York
PENDING SALE as of 8/16

PENDING SALE as of 8/16

Tags
casita