TN 2013 Casita spirit Deluxe - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-02-2016, 11:36 AM   #1

Name: Henry
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
2013 Casita spirit Deluxe

Just FYI:

I and wife are traveling to the west coast, starting from our home in Tennessee. I thought I might stop by Camper Outlet, just south of Portland, Oregon and take a look at the Big Foot 25B17.5FB, price on line of $32,820.00. I asked how much they might offer me for my Casita. Fred said $8,000 whole sale, $11,000.00 retail, but would have to take a look at it to give a firm offer.

Frankly I am shocked. We have not even used the bathroom, and it is has a lot of expensive mods. Guess I won't be trading it in anytime soon.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:15 PM   #2

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
Yes, you would definitely be better selling it privately.
I am sure if you wanted the Bigfoot you could list your Casita on Portland craigslist at a reasonable price (not sure what the dealer mean by wholesale and retail prices as I am sure they would be selling it for a lot more than $11000?) and sell it very quickly

Old 07-02-2016, 06:08 PM   #3

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
Trading things means taking an unnecessary beating on the price. Since these sell relatively quickly when marketed correctly, I don't personally see the need to trade it in whatsoever.

Check out the recently sold units on Fiberglass RV's 4 Sale and you'll get a reasonable idea of what the market would bear should you decide to sell it yourself.

A 2013 in pristine condition might fetch $13K-$14 or there about. It's all about the right buyer.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:55 PM   #4

Name: Wayne
Connecticut
Huh?

Hey Henry,
A 2013 Independence deluxe was recently listed on this site. The asking price was $18500.00 and it sold fairly quickly. The final price may have been somewhat lower but what you were offered by the dealer is way out of line trade or not. Peace.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:03 AM   #5
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Or, check our Classified Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfick View Post
Check out the recently sold units on Fiberglass RV's 4 Sale and you'll get a reasonable idea of what the market would bear should you decide to sell it yourself.
This is one reason we archive our "for sale" posts, as well. FiberglassRV Classified Archive.
Mary F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:03 AM   #6

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
People that are into or want a "fiberglass trailers" are aware of their true value . People who are only looking for a " Travel Trailer" often do not . A friend of ours owns an RV dealership selling new / used stick built trailers and she said if she tried to sell my 2013 Casita off her lot , she would have a hard time getting $10 K for it.
Many people only look at size and amenities and think nothing about maintenance issues. We live in a throwaway society.
I have shown my FG trailer to probably over 100 people and the usual remark is " It's really cute but it's rather small and not worth more than $ 10K.
We see the value in FG trailers but I am not convinced the General Public sees what we see.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:59 AM   #7

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
This is one reason we archive our "for sale" posts, as well. FiberglassRV Classified Archive.
Yes indeed. Very good.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:30 PM   #8

Tennessee
Thanks everyone, you have lifted my Spirit. (I can't help the pun....)
Old 07-04-2016, 04:16 AM   #9

Name: Lee
Trailer: Looking
TN
Where in TN are you? I am in Johnson City and would like to see it if it's nearby.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:01 AM   #10

Tennessee
I live in Wilson county, Lebanon, TN.

However, since we have not ever seen a Big Foot or Escape, I cannot say that we are ready to sell the Casita and buy either one. After we physically see and go through a BF and Escape, if we decide to sell the Casita I will post on this forum and the Casita forum.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:26 AM   #11

Name: Lee
Trailer: Looking
TN
Thanks for the reply. You might as well drive down to Hohenwald, TN, less than 100 miles away from you, and look at an Oliver Legacy Elite II.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:34 AM   #12

Tennessee
I don't much like the floor plan of the Oliver Elite II. It is the same as the Spirit, just 2 ' longer, and maybe better built. But not enough to justify the cost.

The floor plan of the 25BF17.5FB is our preferred floor plan, (although having twin beds would be nice) and was so even before we bought our Casita.

We also like the floor plan of the Escape 19, although the bed room and dinette are reversed from our ideal configuration.
Old 07-04-2016, 06:38 AM   #13

Tennessee
Lee
If you just want to look at a Spirit, later this fall I am certain we will be camping in the eastern part of TN, and you are welcome to drop by our campsite. We like to stay at State Parks, but I am not sure which one at this time.

Also later this fall we will most probably be at Calderwood Lake in NC, which is just south of the Smokey Mtn NP.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:30 AM   #14

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwig View Post
Hey Henry,
A 2013 Independence deluxe was recently listed on this site. The asking price was $18500.00 and it sold fairly quickly. The final price may have been somewhat lower but what you were offered by the dealer is way out of line trade or not. Peace.
FWIW, I stopped at the Casita factory last month and they quoted me $17500 for a brand new Independence. I am sure you can add plenty of pricey options, but I was pretty surprised how low the starting point was for a new one. Of course, you have to wait several months to take delivery.

On trade ins, no one wants them, and they want to offer low enough they can for sure make a hefty profit. New FG trailers tend to sell for list price, so there is no wiggle room in the price of a new one to fatten up the trade $$.

+100 People used to stick built prices have no concept of the pricing on FG trailers.

Tags
casita