OK SOLD: 2014 17' Casita Spirit Standard $15000 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2018, 06:28 AM   #1

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita
Oklahoma
SOLD: 2014 17' Casita Spirit Standard $15000

2014 Casita 17' Spirit Standard $15,000

Beautiful Condition, exceptionally clean, no damage, leaks or odors, or issues. Rare opportunity to find a Spirit Standard as well as save more than $4500 off the 'new' 2018-19 price of this Casita.

This particular Casita was ordered by the previous owner with the standard axle and a front-mounted air-conditioner to lower 'standard' height enabling the camper to fit in the carport. Additionally, this 'grandfather' chose to have beds for his grandkids when taking them birding over a bathroom & closet.

The Spirit Standard offers a front couch that converts into bunk beds (in a few seconds) in place of the wet bath/closet offered in the Deluxe version. Under the front couch, the air conditioner sits in the center with a storage cabinet to the left and another cabinet on the right designed to house a portable toilet. By eliminating the bath/closet another window has been added in the front of the Casita over the couch. The added window and 2+ feet of cabin length naturally gives this Casita floorplan a larger and more open feeling than the deluxe version.

The main advantage the Standard version has over the Deluxe is the ability to sleep 5 instead of the 3 person limitation with the deluxe version. For families of 4 or 5, it's a better use of the available space in a 17' camper that can sleep 5 on beds (upper bunk has an 75 lb limit), accommodate 6 for dining (at 2 dining tables), and comfortably seat 8 utilizing 2 dinettes and the sofa. The large dinette converts to a double bed, the small dinette converts to a single bed and the sofa can be used as a single bed or converted to bunk beds.

The galley includes a small sink with hot & cold water, a 2 burner LP cooktop, a 3-way (LP, 120 vac, 12vdc) 4 cubic foot refrigerator with freezer and several pantry areas. A 16 gallon fresh water tank and 32 gallon gray water (actually 40 gallons with a vent mod and drain mod) service the kitchen sink.

This Spirit Standard has an optional 32 gallon grey water tank and 6 gallon DSI water heater. The front mounted 8000 btu air conditioner is thermostat-controlled, has a wireless remote, and offers a dehumidifying mode that can remove 2.2 pints of moisture per hour. Other options include a 16,000 btu LP furnace, a full length Fiama awning, vinyl flooring, and range cover/work surface. 7500 lb Scissor jacks are mounted to the frame in the rear to accommodate leveling and/or tire changing (jack stands still recommended for safety). It includes the standard Casita twin 20# LP tanks with auto-switchover.

The standard version dry weight is 2210 lbs (270 lbs lighter than deluxe) and hitch weight is 295 lbs (70 lbs lighter than deluxe). No black tank sewage to deal with and perhaps preferable when an RV toilet and 15 gallon black tank are unwanted or impractical such as when boondocking longterm.

All in all, a great small camper for a family with children or large pets or anyone that prefers extra living space over a wet bath. It's a bit lighter for marginal tow vehicles, and the 8000 btu air conditioner only needs 6.2 amps on shore power (660 watts) and conceivably could run on a 1000 watt generator. Considerably more efficient than the 9200 btu 11.7 amp roof air. With this Casita sitting in 99 degree heat partially in the sun, this ultra-quiet little AC cools down the camper very comfortably in less than a hour, and can drop the inside temperture from 93 degrees inside to 73 in less than 2 hours.

After I purchased this one-owner camper, I noticed excess tire wear on the outer edges of the street-side tire. I took the Casita to Tulsa Auto Spring who diagnosed a bent axle most likely due to improperly jacking up the trailer under the axle instead of the frame. They removed the axle, repaired (aligned) it, and reinstalled in the Casita. The trailer is in super-great shape and functionally needs nothing. Though the tires and battery are original, they are still serviceable with another year of life, new tires and new battery would make this Casita equivalent to a new Casita.

Options include: (2017 pricing)
32 gallon grey water tank ($279)
6 gallon DSI gas/electric water heater ($594)
16,000 btu furnace ($489)
Front mount 8000 btu air conditioner ($685)
Aluminum cased Fiama Awning ($799)
Vinyl Flooring ($296)
range cover ($38)
rear frame-mounted scissor/leveling jacks ($200)

Standard Equipment:
3-way 4.0 cf refrigerator
Two burner propane cooktop
Power Range hood w/light
2 – 20lb propane tanks
Fantastic Power fan roof vent
wrap-around overhead storage
12 volt lighting
110 volt outlets (GFI)
solid state battery charger / converter
Screen Door
Dead bolt door lock
16 gallon fresh water tank
Smoke detector, LP detector, fire extinguisher
Large Dinette convertible to double bed
Small Dinette convertible to single bed
Couch convertible to 2 bunk beds
Storage area for portable toilet
electric brakes
spare tire
stabilizer jacks
window gravel shield
235/75/15 tires

Overall length 17', Interior Height 6'-1-1/2”, Overall width 6'-8”
Dry Weight 2210 lbs, hitch weight 295 lbs, 15” tire, 3500 lb axle
Attached Thumbnails
casita exterior-1.jpg   casita exterior-2.jpg  

casita exterior-4.jpg   casita exterior-5.jpg  

casita interior 1.jpg   casita interior 2.jpg  

casita interior 3.jpg   casita interior 4.jpg  

casita interior 5.jpg   casita interior bed mode 1.jpg  

Old 07-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Excellent example of a well done ad.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:43 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Thanks Tom!

I didn't leave much to the imagination did I?

I realized (from looking for a Casita) that finding one nearby is difficult and you have to invest in time and money to actually look at one.

I've ended up with 2 Casitas now and just need one!
Old 07-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #4

Oklahoma
Smile Priced Reduced to $13,500

Apparently, I can't edit the original post...

I have reduced the price to $13,500.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:01 AM   #5

Oklahoma
SOLD

SOLD - This Casita now resides in Springfield, ILL

Tags
casita