CA Boler (Project) For Sale - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-04-2016, 04:43 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Boler 1300 Special Edition
California
Exclamation Boler (Project) For Sale

I have a 1975 Boler Special Edition for sale. Make no mistake, this is a project!

I advertised it here a few years ago, had second thoughts and decided to continue on with the resto, then things, yet again, changed. I decided to stop renting here in my new location (north Mojave Desert area in CA) and bought a house that needed renovation. It has a nice barn, but the trailer didn't fit inside the appropriate area so it has remained outside.

I've almost completely gutted it. I started a new pain job, but didn't finish it. I had all the side windows rebuilt but have not remounted them. I purchased brand new parts from Scamp, cushions, door hinges, bunk bed mounts, Kitchen cupboard supports and more, still in their boxes.

It needs a new axle. I talked to one of the people strongly recommended here on FGRV and found than one can be custom made and it, w/shipping, was easily affordable, but I never ordered it due to the house move. Basically, due to the house purchase getting stuck in Limbo for over a year and much work needed by the house and yard due to being empty for too long, the Boler Resto had to be put on the back burner. Then... I got one heck of a good deal on a Casita that I couldn't pass up, so now the Boler is done as far as I'm concerned.

As I mentioned above, this is absolutely a project, it needs everything. But it is a relatively solid platform that I've put too much $$$ into (including my original purchase price and the many brand new parts from Scamp), over $2.5K

I'm willing to take a loss as I hate to see it just sit there knowing some people love projects like this.

It is presently not towable due to the tires being shot and it's out of the CA DMV system (I did check with them, and according to my local DMV, due to the size and weight there would be no problems with registration once it is brought back to road worthiness). New tires with rims can be had from etrailers.com for approx. $160.00 shipped, if you're willing to take a chance on towing it a short distance (I have a basic Harbor Freight towing light system that got the trailer here from Lancaster, CA), but it probably should be taken out of here on a standard size car trailer.

I would put up pics now but I do not want to discourage anyone

Feel free to reply to this with a reasonable offer on this decent Fall/Winter project if you're interested.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #2

Trailer: Winnebago
Pictures are worth a 1,000 words.

No Pictures...No Inquiries

Old 09-05-2016, 12:40 PM   #3

Trailer: Winnebago
No Price??? No Location???
Old 09-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #4

Name: Nick
Trailer: shopping
Vermont
What is the size of this trailer?
Old 09-05-2016, 06:01 PM   #5

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Baker View Post
Pictures are worth a 1,000 words.

No Pictures...No Inquiries
Actually I've had a few inquiries and I'm more than happy to send the few pics I have with description to anyone that requests them. I'm assuming the best way to do that is send me your email address and I'll send the pics.

For others, The 1975 Boler Special Edition was/is a 13 foot model. As I mentioned originally, it's located in CA, North Mojave. More detail? The Ridgecrest area.

Again, as a reminder, it's rough but it comes with about $1K of new SCAMP parts. It needs everything you can imagine done to it, axle, paint, tires, wiring... you name it. It is truly near to a blank slate.

Regards,

John C.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:03 PM   #6

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Baker View Post
No Price??? No Location???
Check the original post, "a reasonable offer" (obviously, I would think, based on my original posting saying I had over $2.5K into it and I'm willing to take a loss)

Location: North Mojave in CA. To be more specific, Ridgecrest area.

I have no idea what it's worth to someone who likes projects like this.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:46 AM   #7

Name: Nick
Trailer: shopping
Vermont
Thanks, but we are looking for 17' shell.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:15 AM   #8

Name: T Beck
Trailer: Burro
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCusick View Post
I have a 1975 Boler Special Edition for sale. Make no mistake, this is a project!

I advertised it here a few years ago, had second thoughts and decided to continue on with the resto, then things, yet again, changed. I decided to stop renting here in my new location (north Mojave Desert area in CA) and bought a house that needed renovation. It has a nice barn, but the trailer didn't fit inside the appropriate area so it has remained outside.

I've almost completely gutted it. I started a new pain job, but didn't finish it. I had all the side windows rebuilt but have not remounted them. I purchased brand new parts from Scamp, cushions, door hinges, bunk bed mounts, Kitchen cupboard supports and more, still in their boxes.

It needs a new axle. I talked to one of the people strongly recommended here on FGRV and found than one can be custom made and it, w/shipping, was easily affordable, but I never ordered it due to the house move. Basically, due to the house purchase getting stuck in Limbo for over a year and much work needed by the house and yard due to being empty for too long, the Boler Resto had to be put on the back burner. Then... I got one heck of a good deal on a Casita that I couldn't pass up, so now the Boler is done as far as I'm concerned.

As I mentioned above, this is absolutely a project, it needs everything. But it is a relatively solid platform that I've put too much $$$ into (including my original purchase price and the many brand new parts from Scamp), over $2.5K

I'm willing to take a loss as I hate to see it just sit there knowing some people love projects like this.

It is presently not towable due to the tires being shot and it's out of the CA DMV system (I did check with them, and according to my local DMV, due to the size and weight there would be no problems with registration once it is brought back to road worthiness). New tires with rims can be had from etrailers.com for approx. $160.00 shipped, if you're willing to take a chance on towing it a short distance (I have a basic Harbor Freight towing light system that got the trailer here from Lancaster, CA), but it probably should be taken out of here on a standard size car trailer.

I would put up pics now but I do not want to discourage anyone

Feel free to reply to this with a reasonable offer on this decent Fall/Winter project if you're interested.
Good Morning can you send me some pictures, thanks

Tags
boler, for sale