ON SOLD: Classy 1986 TF-20 DLX 5th Wheel in Road & Rally Event ready condition $9500 US$ - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2017, 08:27 AM   #1

Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot 5th Wheel / 1995 Silverado side step short box (Sweet Pea and The Wookie)
Registry
SOLD: Classy 1986 TF-20 DLX 5th Wheel in Road & Rally Event ready condition $9500 US$

This 1986 FT-20 DLX Bigfoot 5th wheel with updated modern features is in very good road-ready condition. Extensive interior and exterior updates and modifications have been made...preserving the original design…with added modern features and capabilities. Included are the original owner’s manuals, key tags, and all equipment documents new and old. This trailer tows like a dream regardless of weather conditions or traveling situations. With its unique / deluxe interior layout and classy exterior features, this trailer draws attention to the Bigfoot brand and the advantages of fiberglass trailers wherever it goes. Offered in smoking and pet free condition.

Standard towing and owner upgraded features; tandem axels each rated at 3600 pounds; dry weight at approximately 3500 pounds; breakaway switch; standard 7 pin round electrical connector; pin weight at approximately 750 pounds; a rear bumper mounted spare tire; the axels have been professionally flipped over raising the trailer frame 6 inches / creating extra ground and truck bed rail clearance; 14 inches have been added to the pin hitch frame length / allowing for extra swing room between the trailer and your truck; super bright LED signal and clearance lights. We tow with a 2014 Dodge RAM 1500 Outdoorsman 5.7 gasser with the 8 speed transmission and integrated tow controller, which barely works the power-train.

Standard Bigfoot FT-20 features; the single most striking feature is the “outside-in view” with three large windows that surround the dining area and provide wonderful views of the outdoors. The unique dining area features twin captain’s chairs and an opposing side bench couch, providing seating for four. Storage is abundant throughout: cabinets over the dinette and throughout the kitchen area, with two under sink drawers, a full hanging closet, and top and bottom cabinets in the sleeping area. The bathroom is all molded fiberglass with a corner shower and wrap-around curtain, which allows the sink and toilet area to stay dry. The exterior includes two standard propane tanks with switch-over regulators. Extensive outdoor storage, with 7 independent compartments, provides ample external storage capacity.

All major appliances are original and in working condition; the three-way Dometic refrigerator keeps food cold in any condition; the Wedgewood 4 burner stove / oven provides plenty of cooking space; the Atwood propane hot water heater quickly recovers; the Hydro-Flame propane furnace in combination with the Bigfoot’s enclosed and insulated underbelly keeps you and your on-board tanks warm. Numerous original manuals for the trailer and equipment are included.

Interior updates or additions: Coleman 13.5K BTU air conditioner; Comfort Air 12V vent fan; Progressive Dynamics PD 9200 power control center; LED swivel mounted reading lights; kitchen and bathroom faucets; battery operated Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors, Bluetooth radio; Jensen RV certified TV-DVD; Winegard Rayzar portable HDTV antenna; FlowJet 12V water pump; microwave oven; and more.

Exterior updates or additions: the Sunview windows are original and do not leak; heavy duty ¼ inch thick square tube rear bumper / with 2 inch receiver tube; Swagman RV-2 bumper mounted bike rack; Bulldog manual crank landing gear; trailer brakes and wheel bearings regularly maintained; two new tires in season 2016; new battery 2017; new A&E 12 foot retracting awning in 2016; Hopkins rear view ball-level; MaxxAir vent covers; all new professionally hand painted decals / Bigfoot graphics with custom “On the Road Again” tire-cover graphic; and classy chrome checkered plated stone guards.

Summary and conditions; we are the second owners, having purchased from the original owners in 2011, and are selling for health related reasons. The trailer is owned and offered with clear title. As with any vintage 30 year old trailer, there may be issues for attention, which will be reviewed with serious potential purchasers. Trades will not be considered. Delivery to Canada and USA locations will be considered upon sale, with costs for travel added. Located in Windsor-Essex, Ontario, Canada just 20 miles East of the Ambassador Bridge from Detroit, Michigan. Consultation on import to the USA documentation is available [forms required but not complicated]. This ad will be taken down upon sale, so if this ad is posted, you can assume that the trailer is still offered for sale. The selling price will be in US$ or equivalent in CN$. The sale will be concluded with cash or Bank draft only. Please contact Denis to discuss.
Attached Thumbnails
RAM-WK-Mountains.jpg   RAM-WK-Mountains3.jpg  

SAM_5959.JPG   SAM_5971.JPG  

SAM_5970.JPG   SAM_5940.JPG  

SAM_5965.JPG   SAM_5952.JPG  

SAM_5968.JPG   SAM_5946.JPG  

Old 06-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Denis Ferkany... I found you listed finally. This unit sounds great. Will call when we get home if it's still available.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 06-04-2017, 09:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot 5th Wheel / 1995 Silverado side step short box (Sweet Pea and The Wookie)
Registry
New price and delivery anywhere in the US and Canada

Please note the offering price has been reduced to $8,400 in US$ or equivalent in CN$. And of special note, we are prepared to consider delivery of this unique Bigfoot 5th wheel anywhere in the US or Canada. We love to travel and have the time to do so, having in the fall of 2016 completed a 6,000 mile loop with this 5th wheel from our home in Windsor thru Canada to Victoria, BC and back home by way of the Oregon Trail and Denver, CO.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #4

Name: Karen
Trailer: shopping
Wisconsin
hitch?

What kind of hitch does this 5th wheel have? I have a gooseneck ball hitch on my truck.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #5

Name: Jim
Trailer: Casita
British Columbia
Denis, just be aware that unless a US buyer hires an official importer they do have to be there to legally import the trailer themselves at the border. It would still be a very convenient for a US buyer, great idea and beautiful trailer.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:53 PM   #6

Wisconsin
am interested. pls reply
Old 06-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #7

Registry
Gooseneck adaptor and importing to the US

First off, Karen thanks for your interest. The hitch on the Bigfoot 5th wheel is a standard 5th wheel type hitch. While I do not have personal experience with adapters to a gooseneck hitch, my understanding is that there are several options that work well. Here is a link to an excellent source that I have worked with, that describes the alternatives available. This can be solved, and we can take the need for this type of solution into our discussions.

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-adaptin...eck-hitch.aspx

Please do let me know how we can best discuss your interest further e.g. by phone to 519-995-3304 or other means.

And Jim, thanks for the info regarding importing from Canada to the US. We have done this in the past using documentation provided by the US CBS. We plan to go to the Custom and Boarder Services office on the Detroit side of the Windsor boarder and confirm with them exactly what is required on entry, as there seems to be some variability, even though it should be a standardized process. We will post to the forum what is expected at the Detroit/Windsor crossing, the busiest crossing between Canada and the US.

Looking forward to hearing back from you Karen.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:51 PM   #8

Wisconsin
thanks for the links

drooling over your trailer, but reason prevails. I have to sell my truck camper before I buy a third RV.

If I sell it before you have sold yours, I will contact you asap.

Thanks for the info.

Karen
Old 06-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #9

Registry
Best to you and hope you sell the truck camper soon

Understood Karen....been there. Hope you sell your camper soon and are in position to come back to this lovely fiberglass RV. Best, Denis
Old 06-15-2017, 08:08 AM   #10

Registry
Importing into the US from Canada documentation

If purchasing in the States, we will supply to you and have completed by US Customs the import into the USA documentation that you will need to register the Bigfoot title in your home state.

We have spoken to DOT and CBP persons, confirming the information found on-line at the link below. We have been told that we need to fill out DOT Form HS-7, and declare on that form that the RV is more than 25 years old by checking off Box 1 on that form. This removes the requirement of having to retain a Registered Importer. CBP will then supply us their own Form 7501 Entry Summary, which is needed to register the trailer in the state of the new owner.

Here is a link to this information including the above mentioned Forms:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...r-into-the-u.s.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:27 AM   #11

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Denis,

That's a very helpful link. I will file it away for future reference. I've imported 3 FGRVs but didn't see that webpage which clearly states the regulations making the process simpler.

Thanks, John
Old 06-16-2017, 04:44 AM   #12

Name: Tom
Ohio
Few questions on this unit

Hello Denis, I have a few question on this unit:

Is pin weight of 750 based on fully loaded GVWR or dry weight?

Is the spindle going to ceiling by sink structural or decorative?

What is the bed length of your 2014 Dodge RAM 1500?

Can you post a photo of floorplan and specification page from the manual or a link to them?

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2017, 11:28 AM   #13

Registry
answers to questions

Tom....regarding your questions:
  • the pin weight of 733 pounds is described as a "range". My understanding is that this "range" description is typical in the RV industry, and the number stated is a reasonable estimation of the pin weight with a typical [not maximum] cargo load in the trailer, including the added weight of fresh/grey/black water tanks, food, bedding, clothing and all other owner installed or carried items.
  • the GVWR stated on the manufactures label on this Bigfoot is 4974 pounds. The literature attachment with this post, the dry weight for a single axle unit 2900 pounds. We have always used 3300 pounds as the estimated weight of our twin axle unit.
  • the truck bed is the standard 6 foot box [not the shorter 5 foot 7 inch box or the "long box" which I believe is about 8 feet]
  • the spindle is not designed as "load bearing". It is decorative, and you will not see it in the typical "galley" style kitchen in most of the other Bigfoot 5th wheels.
  • a copy of the original 1986 sales brochure is attached [two files one for each page]. I had to scale down the resolution to fit into this post, and do have a higher resolution copy in PDF format that I can email directly to you.
  • I do not have a copy of the floor plan for this unit, as it is a custom design, thus the "DLX" designation. I have attached a very crude sketch of the layout working from the standard floor plan shown in the sales brochure. I can also send additional pictures that will make the layout more clear. Let me know.
Thanks for your interest, Denis
Attached Thumbnails
BF1986SalesBrochure0001.jpg   BF1986SalesBrochure0002.jpg  

BFFloorPlan1.jpg  
Old 06-19-2017, 12:52 PM   #14

Registry
Reduced to $7,600 US$ or CN$ equivilant - can deliver in the US and Canada

Please note the offering price has been reduced to $7,600 in US$ or equivalent in CN$. And of special note, we are prepared to consider delivery of this unique Bigfoot 5th wheel anywhere in the US or Canada. Delivery charges would include the cost of fuel [receipts provided] and a fixed cost of $50 per day of travel to your location to cover the cost of accommodations and food [one direction only].
Old 07-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #15

Wisconsin
Hi again. I did sell my truck camper. My biggest question at the moment is what kind of hitch does the 5th wheel have? I have a gooseneck hitch for my current 5th wheel. Will I have to invest in something else for yours?
Old 07-23-2017, 12:27 PM   #16

Registry
goose neck adaptor

Karen thanks for your continued interest, and congrats on the sale of your truck camper.

The hitch on the Bigfoot 5th wheel is a standard 5th wheel type hitch. While I do not have personal experience with adapters for this hitch to a goose-neck type hitch, my understanding is that there are several options that work well. Here is a link to an excellent source that I have worked with, that describes the alternatives available. This can be solved, and we can take the need for this type of solution into our discussions.

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-adaptin...eck-hitch.aspx

Please do let me know how we can best discuss your interest further e.g. by phone to 519-995-3304 or other means.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #17

Wisconsin
Thanks for the link. I'll call the local rv dealer tomorrow. Then I'll call you. It being an older model, I have concerns, but I'm sure you'll fill me in on any problems.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:04 PM   #18

Registry
OK will look forward to hearing from you

Thanks Karen...look forward to hearing from you and answering any question that you have. Best, Denis
Old 08-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #19

Registry
SOLD and thanks for the interest in this special Bigfoot

SOLD and thanks for the interest in this special Bigfoot

Tags
5th wheel, bigfoot, custom, for sale, led lights, rally