NY SOLD: Lil Bigfoot 1988 13ft Camper $5500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2018, 08:43 PM   #1

Name: Amber
Trailer: In the Market
New York
SOLD: Lil Bigfoot 1988 13ft Camper $5500

Hi there!

I have read enough ads on here to know the information that everyone expects. I have all of that, and many pictures. Video too if I can figure out how to add both! But first let me tell you a little bit about our Marshmallow.

A few years ago I decided to buy a camper that I could tow across country with my two young kids as a single mom. I needed something light and small that my small vehicle could handle. I had my eyes looking EVERYWHERE! I actually drove from UPSTATE NY all the way to Florida to pick up a camper only to realize that it was all rotted out and the person didn't have all the paperwork for it! Can you imagine driving all that way only to leave empty handed!!! We were so sad. But I don't give up! I kept looking and found her! On Ebay of all places! In Virginia... so another road trip was required. Drove down to see our little baby camper, picked her up and on the way home had no fewer than 6 people try to buy her from me just on the way home!

That is how it is when we take her places. Everyone is in love with how adorable she is! Now it is time for her to be passed on to another family to love her.

You see, kids have this funny way of growing up... Getting bigger and not fitting in small spaces! We haven't done our big road trip yet, and while I still hope to do it, our girl won't be joining us on that adventure.

She weighs in below 1000lbs empty and has been NYS registered and Inspected and is certainly road worthy, Electric breaks work excellent, furnace works, I replaced the broken fridge with a "dorm" fridge that fits in the same spot... for transit I pack frozen ziplock bags in the fridge and then plug in when we arrive at our site. The electrical all functions perfectly. Has a 2 burner stove, and a sink with a water tank. We have never felt the need to use the tank though I was told it worked before. For a petite girl she has a good deal of storage and the dinette transitions into a full sized bed. The sofa on the end has the ability to fold up into bunks, quite a handy feature if your kids are smaller than mine are!

She is an old girl and needed the floor to be reinforced, which I did when I first brought her home with some woodsheeting and some linoleum tile. The roof vent was also leaking when I got her, and I replaced that. One of the windows needs to be re-sealed, but that isn't a hard or complicated job, I just haven't gotten around to it.

So, I figure if someone has read my little book here, perhaps they are actually interested in our camper and if that is you, please feel free to contact me! You won't be disappointed!

Amber, Mackenzie, and Colton (AMC)
Attached Thumbnails
$_1.jpeg   20150329_120819.jpg  

20150329_144139.jpg   20150627_130321.jpg  

20150329_144203.jpg   20150329_144120.jpg  

20150329_144027.jpg   20150329_144230.jpg  

20150705_121929.jpg   20150711_102710.jpg  

Old 04-22-2018, 09:41 PM   #2

Name: Jerry
Trailer: Apache but shopping
New York
Hi Amber where in NYS is the camper located?

Jerry
Old 04-22-2018, 10:05 PM   #3

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry in Brooklyn View Post
Hi Amber where in NYS is the camper located?

Jerry
About an hour north of Albany... Right up 87 from you about 3.5ish hours.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:52 AM   #4

Name: Jan
Trailer: Winnebago
New York
very interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Heller View Post
About an hour north of Albany... Right up 87 from you about 3.5ish hours.
Hi Amber,

I'm in Queensbury and very interested.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:12 AM   #5

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba58 View Post
Hi Amber,

I'm in Queensbury and very interested.
I replied to your pm... I'm half an hour from you!
Old 04-23-2018, 11:29 AM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
5500.00?

5500.00 for that rig it wont be for sale long!!

bob
Old 04-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #7

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
5500.00 for that rig it wont be for sale long!!

bob
I didn't know what to price it at... So I figured I'd give someone a chance to pick her up... Needs a few small things that I don't have time to do recovering from a hysterectomy and going in for more surgery in a week. We loved the camper so much the kids were teary thinking about getting rid of it. We picked up a pop up for now but I'll eventually get back into fiberglass!

Amber
Old 04-23-2018, 10:47 PM   #8

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Heller View Post
Hi there!

I have read enough ads on here to know the information that everyone expects. I have all of that, and many pictures. Video too if I can figure out how to add both! But first let me tell you a little bit about our Marshmallow.

A few years ago I decided to buy a camper that I could tow across country with my two young kids as a single mom. I needed something light and small that my small vehicle could handle. I had my eyes looking EVERYWHERE! I actually drove from UPSTATE NY all the way to Florida to pick up a camper only to realize that it was all rotted out and the person didn't have all the paperwork for it! Can you imagine driving all that way only to leave empty handed!!! We were so sad. But I don't give up! I kept looking and found her! On Ebay of all places! In Virginia... so another road trip was required. Drove down to see our little baby camper, picked her up and on the way home had no fewer than 6 people try to buy her from me just on the way home!

That is how it is when we take her places. Everyone is in love with how adorable she is! Now it is time for her to be passed on to another family to love her.

You see, kids have this funny way of growing up... Getting bigger and not fitting in small spaces! We haven't done our big road trip yet, and while I still hope to do it, our girl won't be joining us on that adventure.

She weighs in below 1000lbs empty and has been NYS registered and Inspected and is certainly road worthy, Electric breaks work excellent, furnace works, I replaced the broken fridge with a "dorm" fridge that fits in the same spot... for transit I pack frozen ziplock bags in the fridge and then plug in when we arrive at our site. The electrical all functions perfectly. Has a 2 burner stove, and a sink with a water tank. We have never felt the need to use the tank though I was told it worked before. For a petite girl she has a good deal of storage and the dinette transitions into a full sized bed. The sofa on the end has the ability to fold up into bunks, quite a handy feature if your kids are smaller than mine are!

She is an old girl and needed the floor to be reinforced, which I did when I first brought her home with some woodsheeting and some linoleum tile. The roof vent was also leaking when I got her, and I replaced that. One of the windows needs to be re-sealed, but that isn't a hard or complicated job, I just haven't gotten around to it.

So, I figure if someone has read my little book here, perhaps they are actually interested in our camper and if that is you, please feel free to contact me! You won't be disappointed!

Amber, Mackenzie, and Colton (AMC)
:if you were closer to British Columbia I would buy it but your basically on the other side of the USA.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:40 AM   #9

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
:if you were closer to British Columbia I would buy it but your basically on the other side of the USA.
I saw that! I even considered offering to deliver once school was out, but my kids don't have passports yet! Lol
Old 04-24-2018, 07:41 AM   #10

Name: Mel
Trailer: EScape 5.0 TA
North Carolina
1988 Lil Bigfoot Trailer4

Amber, Please call me at 919 249-6592. I want to buy your trailer. Mel Tucker
Old 04-24-2018, 11:14 AM   #11

Name: Mel
Trailer: EScape 5.0 TA
North Carolina
Amber,

I sent you a message to call me about your camper already. Is it still for sale? Mel Tucker
Old 04-24-2018, 11:32 AM   #12

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Tucker View Post
Amber,

I sent you a message to call me about your camper already. Is it still for sale? Mel Tucker
Yes, it is, I am just at work right now... I have someone local coming to see it tonight. I can call you on my way home around 3pm or a little after.

Amber
Old 04-27-2018, 05:18 PM   #13

Name: mark
Trailer: in the market
Ontario
casita

do you still have the trailer?
Old 05-07-2018, 07:12 AM   #14

New York
Camper is sold