OK Li'l Hauley - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2016, 11:04 AM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Li'l Hauley

I've been wavering back and forth between finishing the interior of my Hauley or selling it. I have no carpentry experience and am not very mechanically inclined, so I've decided to offer it for sale and see what happens. Someone else could turn this into a great custom Snoozy and make it just the way they want it. Or use it for cargo, which is what I was doing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0494-sm.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	100210

The Hauley's original torsion axle has been replaced with a spring axle and this gave it a lift of perhaps 3" or 4"; the bottom of the frame now sits about 15" from the ground. The trailer has a swing-away tongue jack and takes a 2" ball. The two interior lights are wired together but there is no battery. The 14" tires are in good shape, one was put on new a year ago and the other one this past spring. The spare tire and rim are included. I can also include the damaged torsion axle if you want to use it as a template to have a new one made.

Name:	DSC_0493-sm.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	100211

Name:	DSC_0495-sm.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	100212

Name:	DSC_0496-sm.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	338.5 KB
ID:	100213

Name:	DSC_0497-sm.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	100214

As you may have noticed, I have a false floor of plywood on 2x3s which made it the height of the rear exit. The open spot was where I placed some wire display racks, and the height difference kept the feet from walking out under the strap. This false floor is squeaky but otherwise serviceable, or you can very easily remove it in sections by taking out about 15 or 20 wood screws at the joints. The indoor-outdoor carpet is just sitting loosely on top of the plywood.

Name:	DSC_0498-sm.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	100215

There is a rough spot on the driver's side rear corner where I repaired a divot with Tiger Hair but did not smooth out very well afterward. In the interest of full disclosure, there were cracks at the corners of the doorway but they were professionally repaired (and door opening reinforced) this spring by a specialty shop.

Name:	DSC_0499-sm.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	100216

Here's a picture from this summer's vacation to Utah.

Name:	P1010678-sm.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	365.4 KB
ID:	100217

This is how I had the interior set up.

Name:	P1010656-sm.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	100220

This great trailer can be yours for $8500 cash. Located near Tulsa, Oklahoma in the town of Broken Arrow. Best way to contact me is by e-mail, write to 3Dslides "at" gmail. Or PM me.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:01 PM   #2

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
This would be a great opportunity for someone to build a Snoozy exactly like they want. I would love to do it but I already have one. I could never build this and make a profit. Hopefully someone will go for it.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 10-02-2016, 12:59 PM   #3

OK

Hi am interested in the trailer, Email
me at FDNY73@OPTONLINE.NET Thank you very much
Old 10-13-2016, 08:01 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Still for sale. However, I am looking around at table saws and routers, and watching cabinet making videos....
Old 10-19-2016, 06:23 AM   #5

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Still for sale. However, I am looking around at table saws and routers, and watching cabinet making videos....
Me too but don't change the subject!

Mike

What is the elevated area in the front about?
Am I seeing this correctly or is it not what I think?
It looks like there is a platform there already so I assume it is built-in from the factory but I have never seen one of these empty like this(and I like)and I also see no access to under there either?

Broken Arrow eh?

I was down there a few moths ago buying a 12' Featherlite cargo to convert but I have not started yet either,small world!

Ed
Old 10-19-2016, 08:44 PM   #6

Oklahoma
Ed, I had the factory put in a shelf to square off the front of the trailer, where it's otherwise unusable for stacking cargo due to the upward slope of the shell. In the Snoozy this would be the location of the queen bed, but my shelf stops about 20" short of queen bed width. It would be sensible for anyone building out the interior to add a line of cabinets across the face of this shelf and thereby extend its width, while gaining storage beneath. As for the space behind that existing vertical piece, it could be utilized for storage of long items by cutting an exterior access hatch (perhaps mounted sideways from usual, hinges on the side instead of the top) with a jigsaw and a diamond blade.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:39 AM   #7

Oklahoma
REDUCED, now just $7,900. I believe a new one like this from the factory would cost over ten grand.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:25 AM   #8

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Ed, I had the factory put in a shelf to square off the front of the trailer, where it's otherwise unusable for stacking cargo due to the upward slope of the shell. In the Snoozy this would be the location of the queen bed, but my shelf stops about 20" short of queen bed width. It would be sensible for anyone building out the interior to add a line of cabinets across the face of this shelf and thereby extend its width, while gaining storage beneath. As for the space behind that existing vertical piece, it could be utilized for storage of long items by cutting an exterior access hatch (perhaps mounted sideways from usual, hinges on the side instead of the top) with a jigsaw and a diamond blade.
What is the shelf construction like?
Is it Fiberglass or wood and is it tabbed in with fiberglass or how does it attach?
I also wonder what the side strips inside are? Wood or Fiberglass as I imagine that someone finishing this out will need to attach somewhere inside for support or they will have to drill through the hull to anchor the new inside stuff.

Vewy Intewesting for sure!
Old 10-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #9

Oklahoma
The shelf appears to be plywood, and I haven't any way to examine how they mounted or supported it but it is plenty stout... I've slept on it (170 lbs) and I've stacked about that much weight on it for transport at times. I imagine they glassed in some supports.

I had Snoozy mount those boards along the inner sides so I'd have attachment points. They are 1 3/8" x 7" by my measurements. They have bolts going through them and into the belly band seam, plus I think they are glued with FG resin on the body side, so they are very secure and would work for attaching cabinets. I think it would be possible to build a closet at one end of a counter and a support of some sort at the other end, and run upper cabinets in between with only some secondary attachment support (FG resin, short screws, or VHB tape?) to the upper wall/ceiling. Some shaping would be necessary up there due to the curvature, though.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:59 AM   #10

Name: John
Trailer: In the market
Illinois
Mike,
I want to thank you for posting these clear pics of your bare trailer...
Makes it much easier to plan a custom version I'm working on...

I'm wanting a portable office/light equipment hauler for a Drone/UAV business I'm thinking of starting up...
Been messing with DJI brand drones for a couple years now...
NDVI crop surveys... Aerial pics of buildings and areas... 3D mapping...
Got a couple drones now and a selection of customized cameras to fly on em..
DJI Inspire 1 and a Matrice 100 for those wondering on this...
It's just a serious hobby for now... But I'm thinking next step in a few years...

Anyway...
I'm thinking I need an air conditioned and portipotty'd trailer to take to job sites.
PC and a big 4K screen inside to work with the on site customer to get the source material and then review and discuss what they want the final material to look like...
The back 1/2 of a LiL Snoozy with the Left hand couch but the Right side and bed area totally redone to fit the storage and workflow need...
Would like the 12v fridge and Microwave... but no sink I think...

SO...
Your pics helped me picture just such a beast...
And I thank you for sharing...
Old 12-31-2016, 10:42 PM   #11

Oklahoma
Just bumping my ad back to the top. The Hauley is still available.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:47 PM   #12

Oklahoma
Sale pending...
Old 01-16-2017, 09:47 AM   #13

Oklahoma
Sale is no longer pending. The interested party has not made a commitment.

In the meantime, I'm making a bit of progress on a row of cabinets to put across the front, which will create a normal size bed platform.

Name:	IMG_0942.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	102311

The finish isn't professional level (unless one assumes I was going for the "distressed look") but it will be very sturdy.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #14

Oklahoma
Available for sale....
Old 02-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #15

Oklahoma
Still for sale, $7900. I have taken out the false floor and have installed a row of cabinets across the front. These are made mainly from 3/4" birch, and although fit and finish isn't pro quality, they are far stronger than typical RV cabinets. I will be overlaying the top with another piece of 1/2" birch and making some hinged doors. The platform is now deep enough for a queen mattress, as a Snoozy would have from the factory.

Name:	IMG_0943.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	102893
Old 02-12-2017, 05:15 PM   #16

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Very nice, Mike. Best of luck with your sale.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #17

Oklahoma
I discovered that the door will let some water in if there's a heavy rain or if I hit it good with a hose. I think the gasket may need replacement or something. I'm just not making much progress with building out the interior, building and fixing stuff is just not my thing. In light of all this I am dropping the asking price to $6900 or best reasonable offer.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:08 AM   #18

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Mike,

You should post this on the LIL Snoozy Owners site also. Two Snoozies have sold in the last month.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:40 PM   #19

Oklahoma
I guess I should try that, thanks for the reminder. I've submitted a membership request now at the site.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:51 PM   #20

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Mike, could you give me a call at (480) six three six, zero six four two.
Dave & Paula

Tags
for sale