NY Looking for help, Pricing a 2012 Parkliner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV



 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-20-2018, 07:26 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
Posts: 2,739
Bill as a former A-Liner owner I loved that trailer and there are other people getting into that line too but their quality is not up to par and they are heavy. I think the outfits making the egg campers now are in pretty good shape once it gets out how bad the quality is from their competitors. they will naturally sell some but the buyers will find out quickly!


bob
__________________

k0wtz is offline  
Old 02-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #16
Commercial Member
 
Deb & Chuck's Avatar
 
Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot (8), Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape (3), Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
Posts: 704
Parkline price?

Why don't you call Parkliner factory and ask their opinion on the used prices?
__________________

Deb & Chuck is offline  
Old 02-20-2018, 07:04 PM   #17
Member
 
Name: miss
Trailer: Eagle
New York
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
Why don't you call Parkliner factory and ask their opinion on the used prices?
I actually don't ask them because its the market of something that dictates price. I'm currently viewing all their paper work to see what they paid and from what others have said here we have a price in mind.
I'm not sure the factory could even weigh in with something like that. They sell new, I'm not ever sure they sell used? Thanks though!
missmemama is offline  
Old 02-20-2018, 07:05 PM   #18
Member
 
Name: miss
Trailer: Eagle
New York
Posts: 33
I am going to be posting this week, so check back! Probably Thursday! Thanks
missmemama is offline  
Old 02-20-2018, 07:39 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21
CA
Posts: 1,501
in spite of the minimal use, its tires are still 5-6 years old, and any other rubber stuff, much the same, like gaskets inside the water pump, etc.
John in Santa Cruz is offline  
Old 02-20-2018, 08:16 PM   #20
Commercial Member
 
Deb & Chuck's Avatar
 
Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot (8), Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape (3), Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
Posts: 704
park liner prices.....

Escape Trailer Industries can offer a suggested used price for sellers wanting to know- thought Parkliner might be able to.
Deb & Chuck is offline  
Old 02-20-2018, 09:05 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Posts: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmemama View Post
I'm helping an older couple (very close friends of mine) to list and sell their 2012 Parkliner camper.
They purchased New and have only used it 3x.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
in spite of the minimal use, its tires are still 5-6 years old, and any other rubber stuff, much the same, like gaskets inside the water pump, etc.
John almost sounds like he is interested in buying at a low price, but he has an Escape, so I doubt he is in the market.

But he does bring up a point. Lack of use can be a negative. It could even mean the camper has been neglected. It might well be worth having some sort of inspection done so that both buyer and seller know that major appliances and such are in good working order and the asking price reflects that. Age of tires is one thing that is easily determined but if they are original then replacement it required and the total price should reflect that. Service records (such as wheel bearing repacks) might help but again bearings are something that generally should be re-done when buying a camper of this age in any case, so that (small) cost is a factor for the buyer to consider. As a buyer, my biggest concerns with a camper that has been used less than once a year, and perhaps not at all in the last few years, would be undetected leaks or other neglect. I would prefer to buy a camper from someone who used it regularly and was generally happy with it.
gordon2 is offline  
Old 02-21-2018, 02:43 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Borrego Dave's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Posts: 3,682
Good points Gordon. I think that the biggest ifs/concerns that a long distance buyer has is tire and bearing condition. If they're on a quick turn around time frame, having new tires and greased bearings would be a headache stopper plus a great selling point.
Borrego Dave is offline  
Old 02-21-2018, 07:56 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
Posts: 2,739
If I buy used I expect to be on the hook for some stuff. this is just the way things work. that is a pretty good trailer if I thought the price was right and had cash I would jump on it.


so you get there with your cash and the deal doesn't measure up just turn around and go back home. If the tires are old take it easy bringing it home matter of fact get some at walmarts throw them in the truck and return them if you don't buy the trailer.


we are fast approaching the buying season and the seller knows this. I guess consider your pain if you buy it and have to resell it usually buying it from a private person you have some slack against the retail guys anyway! you might make some money on the deal who knows!!
k0wtz is offline  
Old 02-21-2018, 10:05 PM   #24
Member
 
Name: miss
Trailer: Eagle
New York
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmemama View Post
I'm hoping this is the right spot and its allowed to post.
I'm helping an older couple (very close friends of mine) to list and sell their 2012 Parkliner camper.
They purchased New and have only used it 3x. Its in really good condition. I don't know much about these little campers (I have a huge 37ft 5er for my family lol).
I need help pricing it. I'm going over this week to their home to look over all the paperwork. No lean on the title and we talked about price at about 11k but since I know not much about these campers I'm not sure if that is a good retail price. I'd love to have you professionals weigh in for me.
Oh and we are near Albany NY, if that makes a difference.
Thanks all!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
John almost sounds like he is interested in buying at a low price, but he has an Escape, so I doubt he is in the market.

But he does bring up a point. Lack of use can be a negative. It could even mean the camper has been neglected. It might well be worth having some sort of inspection done so that both buyer and seller know that major appliances and such are in good working order and the asking price reflects that. Age of tires is one thing that is easily determined but if they are original then replacement it required and the total price should reflect that. Service records (such as wheel bearing repacks) might help but again bearings are something that generally should be re-done when buying a camper of this age in any case, so that (small) cost is a factor for the buyer to consider. As a buyer, my biggest concerns with a camper that has been used less than once a year, and perhaps not at all in the last few years, would be undetected leaks or other neglect. I would prefer to buy a camper from someone who used it regularly and was generally happy with it.
Most certainly it has not been neglected. It has been maintained meticulously however no one can know that for sure unless they come look and see things running for themselves I have posted this along with clear photos and description of everything. Unfortunately being a long distance buyer is always a concern.
missmemama is offline  
Old 02-21-2018, 10:10 PM   #25
Member
 
Name: miss
Trailer: Eagle
New York
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
If I buy used I expect to be on the hook for some stuff. this is just the way things work. that is a pretty good trailer if I thought the price was right and had cash I would jump on it.


so you get there with your cash and the deal doesn't measure up just turn around and go back home. If the tires are old take it easy bringing it home matter of fact get some at walmarts throw them in the truck and return them if you don't buy the trailer.


we are fast approaching the buying season and the seller knows this. I guess consider your pain if you buy it and have to resell it usually buying it from a private person you have some slack against the retail guys anyway! you might make some money on the deal who knows!!
We are honest people and if someone happened to have an issue taking it home (even just a tire blow) I'm sure they would be compensated for it because that is how we roll. Unfortunately most people aren't like that these days. I'm the kind of person that wants my buyer to be ecstatic with their purchase. I've BTDT being screwed on items, even a camper and its not nice. I'd never put someone else in that situation. Neither would my friends! My friend is not only my DR but he is also an army Medic. We just aren't that type of people. The tires however are in good condition. I purchased my 5th wheel last year and had to replace 2 immediately because of dry rot. It wasn't a big deal to me though because I love my trailer and I got it at a price I was able to handle. Regardless I just want someone to enjoy this camper.
missmemama is offline  
Old 02-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
Posts: 2,739
goes both ways

miss I was in business at one time 35 years matter of fact I ran into many dishonest sellers and many dishonest buyers.

you state the condition the buy accepts it if limited use it will show it. some depostit money up front no doubt you would have the bearings looked at and if new tires needed those put on. if the buyer gets there and not happy he can certainly turn around and go home but he may site small things to beat you down! You know what you have and what your price is the rest is up to the buyer in my opinion!

I didn't quibble one bit when I bought both my A-Liner and our Scamper I drove both trailers 350m home no trouble.

when I sold the A-Liner I listed it the same way guy drove 500m from Dallas Tx to get it he was very happy! there is a shortage of good quality trailers out there although the egg market seem more quality!

bob
k0wtz is offline  
Old 02-21-2018, 11:16 PM   #27
Member
 
Name: miss
Trailer: Eagle
New York
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
miss I was in business at one time 35 years matter of fact I ran into many dishonest sellers and many dishonest buyers.

you state the condition the buy accepts it if limited use it will show it. some depostit money up front no doubt you would have the bearings looked at and if new tires needed those put on. if the buyer gets there and not happy he can certainly turn around and go home but he may site small things to beat you down! You know what you have and what your price is the rest is up to the buyer in my opinion!

I didn't quibble one bit when I bought both my A-Liner and our Scamper I drove both trailers 350m home no trouble.

when I sold the A-Liner I listed it the same way guy drove 500m from Dallas Tx to get it he was very happy! there is a shortage of good quality trailers out there although the egg market seem more quality!

bob
Yes, yes you are totally right!
__________________

missmemama is offline  
 

Tags
parkliner


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N.A.D.A. Pricing Information Question Toni M T Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 4 06-13-2008 11:38 AM
Is Scamp pricing negotiable? Eric G. General Chat 5 05-31-2008 06:23 PM
Pricing Steve Wishek Money Matters 28 03-18-2008 11:08 AM
Escape Pricing Reace General Chat 2 09-26-2006 08:26 PM
Need the straight info on pricing (NADA) Legacy Posts General Chat 14 07-27-2003 09:00 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.