NY Looking for help, Pricing a 2012 Parkliner - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-11-2018, 01:54 PM   #1

Name: miss
Trailer: Eagle
New York
Looking for help, Pricing a 2012 Parkliner

I'm hoping this is the right spot and its allowed to post.
I'm helping an older couple (very close friends of mine) to list and sell their 2012 Parkliner camper.
They purchased New and have only used it 3x. Its in really good condition. I don't know much about these little campers (I have a huge 37ft 5er for my family lol).
I need help pricing it. I'm going over this week to their home to look over all the paperwork. No lean on the title and we talked about price at about 11k but since I know not much about these campers I'm not sure if that is a good retail price. I'd love to have you professionals weigh in for me.
Oh and we are near Albany NY, if that makes a difference.
Thanks all!!!

missmemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter-ing as I shop
Denver, CO
Depending on how it has been stored, it could fetch a very high percentage of what they paid for it. It might be money well spent to have it cleaned or detailed.

It also depends on any improvements.

I suspect some are able to sell trailers for as much as they paid. There is generally a multi-month wait for a factory new model.

This is the right place. Review some recent posts offering trailers. Take and post six or eight pics including inside and out. Good trailers get snapped up in hours.
You can always cut the price...

PS, when you are ready, create a brand new post, to get fresh attention.

Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #3

Name: Glenn
Trailer: Casita
Virginia
One that sold several years ago.

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...6000-ravena-ny
Diamond Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:57 PM   #4

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 72 View Post
Depending on how it has been stored, it could fetch a very high percentage of what they paid for it. It might be money well spent to have it cleaned or detailed.

It also depends on any improvements.

I suspect some are able to sell trailers for as much as they paid. There is generally a multi-month wait for a factory new model.

This is the right place. Review some recent posts offering trailers. Take and post six or eight pics including inside and out. Good trailers get snapped up in hours.
You can always cut the price...

PS, when you are ready, create a brand new post, to get fresh attention.
Thank you! I do plan on detailing it, inside is nearly spotless and for the most part its been garage kept. There are no improvements as they just used it a few times. I'll take a look around at recent posts. Thanks so much!
Old 02-11-2018, 04:12 PM   #5

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
North Carolina
While they are expensive new, molded fiberglass trailers hold their value extremely well, better than pretty much any other RV out there. With six to twelve month backlogs at all the factories making them, buyers are willing to pay original price, not including sales tax, for nice relatively new used ones. Must have no leaks, no smell, never smoked in.

Meanwhile, friends of mine just bought a four year old Tiffin motorhome, a nice brand, with low miles too. Original owner paid $250,000 for it. They paid $80,000. Talk about getting hammered!

This may not last forever! As more companies enter the molded FG trailer business, backlogs could disappear. At that point, many buyers will buy new until used prices drop. Saw this process many years ago with Harley motorcycles. People would sell their spot on a waiting list and make $5,000.

$11K is low, given your description. You can go to the fiberglass RV for sale web site and see if any have sold. Assume seller got pretty close to asking price.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:45 PM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I agree with Tom. Late model used Parkliners have been listing for $25-29K. Your unit is a few years older, but $11K for a lightly used 2012 seems low. The price of new ones rose quite a bit under the new ownership in 2017, and that seems to be increasing the value of used units as well.

Check the classified archives here and at www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com going back a year or two. You will have to do some searching to find the Parkliners- there aren't that many.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Just last month there was a post by someone looking to buy a used Parkliner, but they are in Minnesota. Don't know if they will travel that far
mary and bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:21 AM   #8

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13' Std.
Minnesota
Parkliner pricing

Missmemama - $11k is much too low IMO. The fiberglass RV market is just different than the regular RV market -- our trailers just hold their value longer and they last longer too! I think the ad posted upthread is pretty good comparison to start with.

The used Parkliner is a little bit unique in the used FGRV market. There are a small number of people (myself included) that is holds enormous appeal with because of things they just don't make anymore (the 15' length and lighter weight, the layout that sleeps 4 and has a big bed and a bathroom in a small footprint, etc.).

Best of luck!

raster
raster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:02 AM   #9

New York
Thanks for all the help! You all have been wonderful! I'm in the process of getting all the info on it and then I will list it for sale.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #10

Name: Gary
Trailer: Looking mode
New York
2012 Parkliner

Hi, I saw your post and I am in the Rochester NY area. When you are ready to sell, I would like to see it.
Thank you.
Gary
gwan2cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:56 PM   #11

Name: Pat
Trailer: UHaul CT-13 1984
Minnesota
Yeah... I am the guy from Minnesota, and yes I am still looking for a Parkliner.

Even as a potential buyer, $11,000 is toooooo low for a gently used PL.

Pat
Lv4toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:02 PM   #12

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
WWAAYYYY to low!
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:21 AM   #13

Name: Adrian
Trailer: Currently shopping
New Jersey
Parkliner

Hi my name is Adrian an I am in NJ. When you decide on a price I am interested. My email is aaaschmann@gmail.com. Thanks
aaschmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #14
Mcm

Name: Mike & Cecile
Trailer: Currently shopping
New York
Parkliner for sale

We live near there and hope to see this trailer asap? Thanks!

Mcm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner