NC Looking for help to sell 2017 Parkliner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #15

Name: Henry
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Oh, another thing. We had to wait for the transfer to the affiliate bank a couple of days. Which was Ok, since we drive 2000 miles to the seller.

Rzrbrn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:29 PM   #16

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
At some price, anything will sell. As discussed previously, you have a nice trailer. Consider cutting the price a few hundred or $500 per week.

I believe there were several here searching for Parkliners because they have more headroom than most competitors. A search here might payoff. Try various keywords.

Last of all, do a fresh, entirely new ad. I agree, at least four pics inside and four of outside. Highlight options and extras, which may be on the build sheet, invoice or purchase contract.

Entertain offers.

Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #17

Denver, CO
I thought all the Savings and Loans were made part of FDIC in the 1980s. Resolution Trust Company did it.

Anyway, every serious bank will wire or ACH (Automated Clearing House) funds. Happens every day, all the time.

It could also be put on a debit card. Yes, a Debit card can process $27,000.
I've done it. Credit cards have more protection if that is an option.

Safe secure payment need not be an issue here.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:31 AM   #18

Name: John
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21, 2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4
California
Registry
yeah, last couple big ticket items we bought, the seller came with us to a local branch of our bank (Chase, they are everywhere), we had the bank issue them a cashiers check, deal done. went ahead and did the title paperwork at the comfy conference table in the bank, too.

yes, its significantly more complicated if the item has a bank lien on it.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:04 AM   #19

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
true story

I knew a guy that raced cars he had a motor he needed to sell he listed it on craigs list. a man called from Chicago area he bought the motor could only meet on a sunday.

he gave the guy his certified check and went on his way with the motor 25k by the way. Monday they go to cash the certified check it wasn't a real one.

the guy was out his motor and a headache. I really don't know how to handle a large sale like this I wouldn't want to wire a check until I saw the rig.

the guy that bought our A-Liner looked at our trailer agreed to the price and had his bank wire the funds to our bank took about 2 hours to do this.

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:29 AM   #20

Name: Jack
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17FD
Rapides Parish La.
I took 19grand CASH(18 of it for purchase, the rest for emergencies), hid it in my truck, drove 500mi to sellers home and then proceeded to freak him out with a pile of cash(he had his wife run to bank and deposit...probably checked to make sure no funny money in pile as well)...lots of ways to do this.......
madjack
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:50 PM   #21

Missouri
stash

amounts that large in cash scare me you know feds and banks!

bob
Old 03-12-2018, 01:00 PM   #22

Denver, CO
Good thing the Feds (or my ex-wife) didn't find that $19,000 cash. Either one would have seized it on the spot. No kidding.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #23

Missouri
yep

things can get mighty nasty at times!!

bob
Old 03-12-2018, 03:47 PM   #24

Name: Henry
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Apparently our Savings and Loans, (I use the State S&L my wife the Federal S&L), will not do a wire transfer to a bank. It will do a wire transfer between their own branches or their affiliates.

We have civil asset forfeiture in TN. When driving through I 40 west of Nashville, TN, specifically in Dickson County, the law officers will pull you over for any minor infraction. If they decide to investigate further they will get a warrant. If they find a large amount of cash, they will keep it, along with your vehicle. A TV expose was done on Dickson County a couple of years back. Absolutely nothing came of it. Other localities also do it, just not to the same degree. It is possible to get PART of it back, just time consuming and very difficult.

Soooo...when driving through TN be careful please.

Having said that, TN is a great place to visit. Varied geography, waterfalls, usually nice state parks: Everyone from age 2 on up knows, and appreciates, that tourism means money. Even our panhandlers are a step above the rest.
Rzrbrn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:11 PM   #25

Name: Jack
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17FD
Rapides Parish La.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 72 View Post
Good thing the Feds (or my ex-wife) didn't find that $19,000 cash. Either one would have seized it on the spot. No kidding.
I really had no fear of being robbed, since, both the DW and I have CW permits and La/Tx have reciprocity agreements...we wuz both packin'...my biggest fear was being harassed and shook down by law enforcement, a common thing these days and having them find the money...never trust a cop with your money(even an honest one)...it'll take forever to get it back!!!!!!
madjack
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:33 PM   #26

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary OConnor View Post
Hello Everyone, We're trying to sell our 2017 Parkliner but in spite of more than 2000 views of our original post, we have few people interested - few responses and no offers. How can we generate more interest? What can we do to improve our odds to sell our trailer? Are there any other websites where we should place an ad? We need to sell! Please help!
Mary,

I agree with the many comments folk have posted here and I hope you will take them to heart as you have a really nice trailer and your buyer is probably already looking for it right now but can't find it

I found the listing to be very confusing. There are three member names involved; yours, and two others; one posted the trailer and then another one altered the price and now you are asking for help - ?

The photos are very small and are difficult to access on the hosted Flickr site. The pictures should all be taken in landscape mode, not portrait, so they can show more detail.

You need less words and more pictures. Use paragraph returns to put some white space into the text. Don't list every detail.

List on the sites mentioned including fiberglassrv4sale.

You have a really great-looking trailer and someone really wants it. But you need to give them some more help in finding it (by posting an ad on the other sites mentioned in this thread) and seeing it (by posting more and larger photos).

I'm confident you can make this happen. Good luck!

Tags
parkliner