NC Looking for help to sell 2017 Parkliner - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-11-2018, 07:28 AM   #1

Name: Mary
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Looking for help to sell 2017 Parkliner

Hello Everyone, We're trying to sell our 2017 Parkliner but in spite of more than 2000 views of our original post, we have few people interested - few responses and no offers. How can we generate more interest? What can we do to improve our odds to sell our trailer? Are there any other websites where we should place an ad? We need to sell! Please help!

Mary OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:33 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
post it here

mary post it here the best place I know to sell this! Also hit craigslist you are now in prime-time selling and buying season!

you will need to post pictures also and be patient!

good luck

bob

k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:43 AM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot FT20
Michigan
List it here

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/

Also, use Facebook marketplace
mszabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:47 AM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
North Carolina
Registry
+10 fiberglass RV 4 sale web site, here and Craigslist. Take great pictures, a picture in action (trailer set up at a beautiful campground) is great if you have one. Dig through old camping pictures! It’s kind of like getting a home staged for sale. Remove clutter, clean, etc. there was a Bigfoot for sale a while back, dirty dishes, cluttered, etc. bet it cost seller thousands.

Basically more pictures less words. To me, a link to your C/L ad can be very efficient. Easier to craft one great ad instead of three!

On C/L be sure to put like Casita and Scamp in the title as not everyone knows what a Parkliner is.

Now if you think your ad and pictures are already outstanding then the only thing left is price. Lower it in that case. But I’d make sure my marketing was top notch first as it’s basically free to improve an ad.

On price, being so new price should be close to original, don’t include what you paid for sales tax, title fees and so on. My guess is 10% less than the list price you paid without options, taxes, title fees. Realize some people won’t want all of your options anyway. And compared to a brand new car that loses 25 to 30% of its value the moment it is driven off the lot, molded trailer depreciation is minimal.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:26 AM   #5

North Carolina
Registry
OK looked at your ad on this forum. Lots of text, no pictures. I don’t like redirects to hosting sites, better off putting a couple of pictures in your ad itself, and then a link to C/L ad for even more pictures.

Having sold a lot of stuff via C/L over the years, the object of the ad is to get someone interested, not to sell the trailer. Then the interested party will ask for more information and you can send it to them.

Key details most people want to see is whether it has s bathroom, air conditioning, tow weight. Beyond that, pictures do a lot more than words.

Once your ad gets someone’s interest, then you can either send them more details, or better yet have a phone conversation.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:33 AM   #6

North Carolina
Registry
And move your ad back to the top or the first page simply by adding a couple of pictures. Or a short message that it is still for sale. So many ads on this forum are dead ends, trailer was sold but the seller never updated their ad. I for one would appreciate a note from the seller that it is still available.

As far as the number of views of your listing, views do not equal interest level. I for one look at every for sale ad if for no other reason but to learn more about other brands. I’m not shopping for sure.

As we get closer to camping season say April and May, interest climbs. And once people realize the wait time on a new one they start searching for used.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:59 AM   #7

Name: Charles
Trailer: Casita
Florida
I would say that pictures are your number one issue. I went to look, and it's requiring me to sign up for a group just to see pictures. It even appeared to require a Yahoo account. If you can't figure out how to get them on here, I would suggest maybe using Google photos that's a lot less intrusive. I look forward to seeing the photos.
bookernoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: Casita 17 ft DLX SD
NW Wisconsin
One thing I look at when there is something for sale on this forum is how many posts has the seller made in the past.
When I see that the seller has only made 1 or 2 posts for some reason I get leary especially when they want to conduct business over the internet. Maybe it is paranoia on my part.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:02 PM   #9

North Carolina
Registry
Checked out your C/L listing. First, its old (25 days). You have to pull down the ad and repost to keep it in front of people. Secondly, C/L allows 12 pictures, be sure to use all 12! On a $27K item, I would expect to see 12 quality pics, inside, outside, both sides, camping, etc. High quality pics too, outdoors with good lighting but not.a lot of shadows.

I sell vintage bicycles on C/L. Even on a $300 item, getting great pictures is a must.

C/L is full of scammers, so I always ask a simple question in my ads something like: "Sadly, the scammers are killing Craigslist. So to make sure your reply is sincere, please include your first name and zip code and I will get right back to you." I also put "In cash, in person only". Most scammers want to send you a certified check (which is bogus, but you don't find that out until later).

The scammers have not yet figured out how to answer simple questions in an ad, it gets all of them.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:33 PM   #10

Name: Henry
Tennessee
Ok I have seen similar comments regarding payment and not accepting certified checks. No way would I cross the country with $27,000 in my pocket. If you can't pay with a certified check, and not with a personal check, and not cash, how do you make payment?

This is why I purchase from a Dealer.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #11

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
And move your ad back to the top or the first page simply by adding a couple of pictures. Or a short message that it is still for sale. So many ads on this forum are dead ends, trailer was sold but the seller never updated their ad. I for one would appreciate a note from the seller that it is still available.

As far as the number of views of your listing, views do not equal interest level. I for one look at every for sale ad if for no other reason but to learn more about other brands. I’m not shopping for sure.

As we get closer to camping season say April and May, interest climbs. And once people realize the wait time on a new one they start searching for used.
: every 3rd day up grade your ad don't let it lapse in any advertisement, maybe your price is to high or maybe it is to low and people are thinking about then all of sudden you ad disappears back to far?? People only read the 1st few days some only want that days ads not 4 days ago.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:12 PM   #12

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
For large dollar value often a third party broker is the way to go they are bonded and will make sure both sides are covered for a small fee.

In addition to what Bill said keep in mind those scammers are also using paypal more. You have no protection like they do on ebay with paypal.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Ok I have seen similar comments regarding payment and not accepting certified checks. No way would I cross the country with $27,000 in my pocket. If you can't pay with a certified check, and not with a personal check, and not cash, how do you make payment?

This is why I purchase from a Dealer.
Very simple. Have your bank transfer the funds from your account to his account at his bank. Electronic transfers are instantly deposited. I've done this several times buying things at the sellers bank, just takes a phone call - then you walk away with the title and bill of sale.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:41 PM   #14

Name: Henry
Tennessee
Charlie Y

We bank at a Savings and Loan. Tried that. They won't wire transfer directly to a bank.

Best we could do was to locate an affiliate that was close to the seller, then get a certified check to his bank, then had to wait at least 4 days for the seller's bank to release the title.

Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner