SD Scamp 16ft layout 6 for sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-21-2015, 08:30 PM   #1

Name: Joe
Trailer: 1996 Scamp 16
South Dakota
Scamp 16ft layout 6 for sale

Full set of pictures on the Craigslist listing:

16 foot Scamp travel trailer layout 6

We are selling our Scamp 16 foot caper trailer recreation vehicle. This camper is light and can be pulled with smaller vehicles. We pull ours with a Chrysler minivan. We have heard others pull these with Subaru Outbacks or Honda Pilots. This model was made in 1996 and features Layout 6 which has a 4-person table that is convertible to a 2-person bed and a 2-person table that is convertible to a 1-person bed. It also has a shower and toilet.

Since this camper was built prior to 2006, it is shorter than the newer Scamps and can fit in my garage which has an 8 foot door. I have a steep climb on my driveway and it still fits with no issues. This means it was stored in my heated garage. The camper is well cared for and major maintenance has been done in the last year, so it is ready to use right now. We replaced all three tires and rims with brand new (spare never used). There are around 500 miles on the new tires. We had the brakes replaced. The wheel bearings were repacked – this needs to be done periodically. I replaced both of the sewage flush valves. I replaced the water fill valve. I replaced the shower drain pump. I replaced the carpet with new vinyl flooring that is easy to clean. All the curtains were replaced with new. Interior light bulbs replaced with LED. I made a removable platform to cover the shower base so that it is easier to get on the toilet. Both waste water tanks have been completed flushed out and disinfected. The battery was replaced with new. I removed all the exterior white caps and replaced with new. All exterior caulk was removed and caulked, so it is completely water tight. The exterior was buffed with fiberglass wax.

Features include-
Ceiling fan
Ceiling escape vent
Layout 6 sleeps three
Beds convert to a 4-person and 2-person tables
Refrigerator that runs on electric or propane and works
Shower with toilet in the shower room
Air conditioner that installs in rear window – I made a conversion kit for this it works great. Not having AC on the top of the camper keeps height down and you can leave it at home if you don’t need it.
Propane 2-burner stove works
Propane water heater works
Propane heater with thermostat works
Tons of storage cabinets
Includes leveling blocks, wheel wedges, newer water supply hose, new sewer hose, wheel covers, top vent cover to keep your ceiling fan on when it is raining.

I am asking $9100 and I have a clean title in hand. Ask me anything you want about this camper because I have checked every rivet and have gone over it with a fine tooth comb! It is road licensed and we last used it two weeks ago. You can drive to pick it up and camp your way home!
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   IMG_2339.jpg  

IMG_2332.jpg   IMG_2344.jpg  

---------
1996 Scamp 16
Old 06-22-2015, 11:29 PM   #2

Name: Adrienne
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Whats the location
Old 06-28-2015, 01:54 PM   #3

Name: Joe
Trailer: 1996 Scamp 16
South Dakota
Location is Sioux Falls South Dakota.

---------
1996 Scamp 16
Old 08-13-2015, 10:35 PM   #4

Name: Lisa
Trailer: currently shopping
Arkansas
Is your Scamp still for sale?
Old 08-24-2015, 02:25 PM   #5

Name: Jim
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Minnesota
Jim currently looking

Is your Scamp still for sail?
Old 08-24-2015, 02:33 PM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
That post is almost 2 months old, the C/L ad is long gone and the OP's last post was on June 28th. I'd bet it's long gone.

Tags
scamp