PA Scamp 1992 for sale - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #15

Name: Robert
Trailer: Scamp 13
Arizona
Then you must explain how my card for 1995 said that it has a permanent plate. I sold it, it is registered and titled, and it is no longer for sale.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:31 PM   #16

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
California
Perm Plate

I also have a small 4' utility trailer with a Perm plate and when I tried to get a perm plate for my 16' Scamp she said no way. Either way either my DMV or your DMV made a mistake. At least I took the trailer down and they read the vin number/inspected it and licensed it. I have not seen any other RV trailer with a perm plate. Perhaps it was parked and lived in like the mobile home park trailers that have perm plates.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #17

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankcfx View Post
I also have a small 4' utility trailer with a Perm plate and when I tried to get a perm plate for my 16' Scamp she said no way. Either way either my DMV or your DMV made a mistake. At least I took the trailer down and they read the vin number/inspected it and licensed it. I have not seen any other RV trailer with a perm plate. Perhaps it was parked and lived in like the mobile home park trailers that have perm plates.
From what I understand about the permanent plates here, it has to do with fixed plumbing inside. Frank, I have seen a few TTs with them though. Must have slipped through the cracks at the DMV.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:51 PM   #18

Name: Todd
Trailer: In The Market
Massachusetts
I moved to MA from CA 15 years ago, at that time I bought a used utility trailer which I only registered, was not required to title in CA. I sold the trailer , in MA, with the previous owners title signed (by previous owner) and a bill of sale.

This may be a similar situation?
Old 01-30-2016, 02:16 PM   #19

Name: David
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
California
When I registered my 13' Scamp in Calif in about 2004 I was given a 'Permanent Plate" without asking. I think I have been charged once more since then, permanent means something like 10 years. It may have to do with length, weight or lack of "plumbing" . I don't remember if they asked about plumbing. You don't need a 'Pink slip' (Calif St registration) . You can buy and resell with only with a bill of sale. I paid something like $16 extra to have the official Registration papers. I've sold lots of trailers with only a bill of sale, but they were all cheaper trailers or utility trailers. I would hesitate to buy an expensive or nice trailer in CA without a real Registration Certificate. David in Fresno and Sonora, CA.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:33 PM   #20

Name: Darlene
Trailer: in the market for
Maine
In Pennsylvania you cannot sell a trailer without title, they will not let you register it at all. I know I lived there before. had an old horse trailer that all I had was bill of sale.. PA said heck no cannot register it till I had title.

Tags
scamp