1974 Hunter Compact II - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-19-2008, 01:26 AM   #15

Trailer: Compact Jr
Quote:
Well everyone, thanks for all your imput. I have decided to keep it and take on the challenge of fixing it up.
I will be posting some picture of my progress as I go. Thanks again for all the info. Cheri.........
Cheri,
I have a 71' Compact Jr., and rebuilding from the ground up. It was in a little better shape than yours, but still removed every stitch of wood. Currenty the shell is off the frame ready to paint inside/out. You live in So. Cal. perhaps you can find a door here at this RV surplus.

Name:   surplus_93.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  30.5 KB

Old 11-19-2008, 04:01 PM   #16

Name: Joe
Trailer: Hunter Industries
California
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Hey Cheri,
I'm a fellow Compact II owner, was looking through your pics (GREAT PICS by the way!) and I was wondering, is this how you'd gotten it, or had you already started cleaning things out before you took the pics?
I only wonder because I was noting some things are missing (fresh water tank, refrigerator/icebox, etc) so I was wondering if you'd pulled all that out in your initial cleanup or what... Either way, it's definitely going to take some elbow grease to get it into shape. BUT I think we've all seen rigs in WAY worse shape on here, so it's not impossible.
This website is a great resource, so keep the pics coming and work your resources here, ask all the questions you need to, K?
Good luck on your project, and welcome to the Hunter family! hehe
Joe

Old 11-19-2008, 09:52 PM   #17

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Thanks Cliff. but I think I mignt has alread found one. If this one does not work then I'll try the RV surplus you're talking about. Where is this place?

[quote]Cheri,
I have a 71' Compact Jr., and rebuilding from the ground up. It was in a little better shape than yours, but still removed every stitch of wood. Currenty the shell is off the frame ready to paint inside/out. You live in So. Cal. perhaps you can find a door here at this RV surplus.

Attachment 16858
Old 11-19-2008, 10:12 PM   #18

Hi Joe. Nope, this is the way I got. My husband and I have a clean up business and we've been cleaning up alot of Repo houses lately and this was left at one of the houses. We're in the process of a lien sale on it, which means the previous owner on record (last known owner was in 1995) is notified at the last know address and he'll have 30 days to claim it. Then he'll will have to pay storage fees, doc fees etc. If we hear nothing then I can register it in my name. We've had a few things lately that we've hade to do lien sales on and no one has ever comes forward. I'm hoping the same outcome for this trailer cuz I'm really wanting this one!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed......

Quote:
Hey Cheri,
I'm a fellow Compact II owner, was looking through your pics (GREAT PICS by the way!) and I was wondering, is this how you'd gotten it, or had you already started cleaning things out before you took the pics?
I only wonder because I was noting some things are missing (fresh water tank, refrigerator/icebox, etc) so I was wondering if you'd pulled all that out in your initial cleanup or what... Either way, it's definitely going to take some elbow grease to get it into shape. BUT I think we've all seen rigs in WAY worse shape on here, so it's not impossible.
This website is a great resource, so keep the pics coming and work your resources here, ask all the questions you need to, K?
Good luck on your project, and welcome to the Hunter family! hehe
Joe
Old 11-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #19

Name: Peter
Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Oregon
Registry
If you're new to the idea of renovating a trailer, my though is the Hunter Compact II is probably one of the best "project" trailers you could buy. It's mostly rectangular shape makes repairing and replacing the interior cabinetry pretty simple, and it's small size makes it a pretty fast first project. I might buy one some day, just to see what I could do with it . . .

Good luck on your project!

--Peter
Old 01-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #20

Name: Darrel
Trailer: 73 13 ft Hunter Compact II
Nevada
How is your project doing. I am working on a 73 Compact II. It is small but I got it for the bed and made it into a king size 80x72 bed.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #21

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Quote:
Where is this place?
I recognize the organized chaos

It's Walts RV in Fontana.

16616 Valley Blvd, Fontana, CA. Phone : 909-823-0563

Plan a whole day around it. You'll walk out of there with WAY more than you planned, and fiddle with whatzits and doohickies till the sun goes down without even realizing it.

It's a giant candy store for rv junk.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:02 AM   #22

Hey there everyone....so it's been several years now and my Hunter Compact II has just been sitting in my garage..but, I have now decided to push on and complete my little project and make her camp-able... I'm really excited and looking forward to my first "adventure" with her, but I have got a ways to go. As of this weekend, I've complete the wiring...(tore out all the old and started fresh). Next I need to get a refrigerator, stove, kitchen faucet, a fresh water tank and pump installed. Then I can start the fun stuff....the interior decorating..lol!...anyway, I'll be posting pics as I go along.