3000 lb. Tongue Jack at Camping World - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4

Name:   27292.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  3.6 KB
At Camping World 3000 lb. Tongue Jack
Catalog Item # 27292 Club SALE $159.00 SAVE $62

This seems like a great sale and it ends before we get back from Canada. I am going to call them to see if this will work with our 1988 B19!

Camping World is having a huge sale starting today! Check it out! http://www.campingworld.com Even their memberships are on sale for $12.

Guess I will have to go in... their sales dept. didn't know much about the product.
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Quote:
Attachment 9140
At Camping World 3000 lb. Tongue Jack
Catalog Item # 27292 Club SALE $159.00 SAVE $62
This seems like a great sale and it ends before we get back from Canada. I am going to call them to see if this will work with our 1988 B19!

Camping World is having a huge sale starting today! Check it out! http://www.campingworld.com Even their memberships are on sale for $12.
Guess I will have to go in... their sales dept. didn't know much about the product.
Val,

That membership sale is for Good Sam Club not the President's Club. The President's Club is the one that offers discounts and it's $20 still.

I put one of those jacks on my first Casita; it was great. You should ask the Bigfoot owners on this site if it will fit. It probably will.

If the trailer has a center mount jack with a 2" or 2 1/4" hole in the "A" frame for the jack shaft with three threaded holes equally spaced around it, that jack will fit.

Some of the lighter trailers have a side mount jack, but I'm sure the heavy one you bought will have the center mount.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:09 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Val,

In my experience in buying RV parts so far, Camping World prices have been the highest. You saw my 17.5' tongue jack at Bandon. That was ordered from an on-line RV parts place in Indiana or somewhere like that. Texas has a good supplier. Exact names escape me at the moment. Just Google "RV parts". I only buy stuff at the local Camping World when I'm in a hurry and can't wait for shipping time from the on-line dudes. Don't "over-buy" on the tongue jack. Several weights are available. You might ask the factory in Armstrong, BC just exactly the tongue weight really is before buying.

Ron
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:13 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
[quote]
Attachment 9140

If one assumes that the membership in any shopping club gets one a 10% discount, then one divides the membership cost by 0.1 and the result is how much one has to spend annually before one recovers the cost.

With $$CW$$, it's easy enough to actually compute the discount to find the break-even spending point.

3,000 lbs is a lot of lift; you might be able to change the rear tires on your tow vehicle by using that jack with the trailer hitched...
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #5

Trailer: 80 HawaiiLo 16 ft
Quote:
Val,

In my experience in buying RV parts so far, Camping World prices have been the highest. You saw my 17.5' tongue jack at Bandon. That was ordered from an on-line RV parts place in Indiana or somewhere like that. Texas has a good supplier. Exact names escape me at the moment. Just Google "RV parts". I only buy stuff at the local Camping World when I'm in a hurry and can't wait for shipping time from the on-line dudes. Don't "over-buy" on the tongue jack. Several weights are available. You might ask the factory in Armstrong, BC just exactly the tongue weight really is before buying.

Ron

Hi Val and Ron, Try www.rvpartsoutlet.com! Ron for local pickup they are on Tualitan-Sherwood highway. Keith
Jayfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:31 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1700SGH (Stage II twoftitis)
Quote:
3,000 lbs is a lot of lift; you might be able to change the rear tires on your tow vehicle by using that jack with the trailer hitched...
I know Pete was largely joking, but as one of the founding members of the Stupid Stunt Society, I would remind people to block both of their front tires if they intend to try this stunt.
Herb P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:29 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
These are handy for leveling the trailer with the TV still hooked up (e,g, WalMart stay), I've been told.
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #8

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I checked out that RV parts link, but even the cheapest shipping costs to AZ made the products more expensive than Camping World's prices. I had done some online searches for electric tongue jacks and the sale price at Camping World was the best that came up in the local area. I checked RV Wholesalers first, because I got my Equa-l-izer sway bar through them for $399 with FREE shipping and no tax! But they didn't have electric tongue jacks. I kind of wanted one to bring with to Canada so that the RV shop that puts the hitch on can mount it at the same time, so didn't have time to wait for shipment either. The one at Camping World is not as nice-looking as yours, Ron, and I think we might have to stick a level on it too, but it will work for now.

The sale at Camping World was actually $12 for a 1 Year Camping World Membership and the Good Sam Club was only $2 for 1 year, because they gave me a $10 cash discount on all items in addition to the sales prices, so I felt okay signing up at that price to try each of them out for one year. Looks like apart from Camping World, there are 2 RV Salvage Yards and then nothing but dealerships. I am avoiding all dealerships in this area--both for the truck and the travel trailer--because unless I get some personal referrals from RVers in the area, my sense is that many of the dealers are really not trustworthy here. There aren't any threads to discuss auto repairs and tow vehicle shopping experiences at dealers, but let's just say that I wouldn't leave my my truck alone for five minutes with any local dealer here. I am fortunate to have a great mechanic right around the corner who is very honest and reasonably priced--and Canadian!
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #9

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Herb, you're right, I was only partly joking -- Tools are where you find them when you need them (Of course, one is more likely to find them as needed if one is in the habit of carrying them!) -- Blocking the wheels is part of the usual safety, but I should have mentioned it.

On the subject of jacks and blocking wheels, folks with differentials other than the standard open kind should be aware that the blocking is different and should consult their owner's manual.

PS I have changed a trailer tire using the tongue jack, but it was a very light (600#) trailer.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote