AC in Scamp 13'/Electrical, Propane ?'s - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-04-2008, 06:49 AM   #43
Name: Patrick
Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty (Sold 2011)/ Honda Odyssey
We bought our 13' with the roof A/C (and used it ALL the time) and our understanding was that they applied another layer or thickness of fiberglass in the A/C area to support the 80# load. There were no braces, 2x4s or other non-fiberglass supports in the A/C area.

If they are indeed reinforcing all roofs now, well, that's a "duh" decision.

Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #44
Trailer: Boler 1980 13 ft
Hi Folks!

I have a few questions (probably dumb ones) I thought I'd run by you, now that I finally have my new -used '85 Scamp 13.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best way to install a standard, window air conditioner in a 13' Scamp (w/bunk option)? Is the closet the best place to put it? I saw a couple of posts about installing in the closet, but I wanted to check to make sure that's the very easiest method before I start working on it.

Thanks for any advice/tips/suggestions!

Hi: We to have been looking into the possiblilty of putting a/c in out 13ft boler. Where we are located we have many days/ nights that are beautiful and don't need it... but we also have the humidity that makes it intolerable to even be inside and is also a healther risk.
We were looking into a roof mounted one- but my husband would be then needing to do so majour modifications and installing additional supports up the walls across and down.. which is very possible. We opted for installing one in the back window of our boler that we bought at walmart for $85.00. It fit perfectly in 1/2 of the window, and with modifications and buying additional plexiglass for the top it works like a charm.. My husband also made a brace for the back that sticks out of the window with a support that goes to the bumper- for additional support and stability while driving.

As with storage beign so minimal.. we didn't want to use the closet etc. We may eventually do the roof mounted one down the road.. but not at this time.

Good luck

Ria. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #45
Name: Rick & Rei
Trailer: 1970 Campster
Our newly purchased 1983 Casita has the a/c is in the center section of the back window-don`t like the looks of it but the person who installed it meant for it stay for a long time. It does a nice job of cooling. Hubby had to drill a couple holes in the underside of the unit for drainage. When the unit wears out I want the window replaced and some other type of a/c installed.

Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

propane, scamp