Advice for first time owner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-22-2016, 10:49 AM   #15

Name: Dirk
Trailer: '77 Trilliium 1300
Michigan
Pictures

Here are some pics of my new 77 Trillium 13. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...lbums1803.html

Everything looks original except for the curtains. So far the lights all work. Haven't checked the fridge, stove or furnace yet. I got everything all cleaned up and smelling fresh this morning. I paid $3300 so I think I did pretty well after looking at a lot of ads asking more for not as nice of trailer. Going camping this weekend!!!

Thanks again.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #16

Name: John
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Michigan
Registry
nice Trillium!

From the photos, your Trillium looks great! Was the price that you mentioned in CAD$ or US$?

Old 06-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #17

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Iowa
What, no hassles, breakdowns or horror stories? I guess we can only feel happy for you and wish you the best in your upcoming experiences with your Trillium. Hope we meet you in a campground sometime down the road.
Dave
Old 06-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #18

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Michigan View Post
From the photos, your Trillium looks great! Was the price that you mentioned in CAD$ or US$?

US$ - in Canadian that would have been a steal. I checked all the appliances today and everything works, stove, fridge, and furnace. I haven't checked the hand pump but the water tank looks really clean. That may be my next mini project.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:02 PM   #19

Name: John
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Michigan
Registry
Very good deal, Dirk. Great camper.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:40 AM   #20

Name: Anne-Marie
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 1300
Ontario
I'll be looking forward to seeing your posts as you begin your cleanup and improvements. We can compare projects! I have just begun working on the 78 1300 Trillium that has been parked under a tree in my backyard for 6 years and I just discovered what a gem I have. One of my first projects is also going to be cleaning out the water tank, replacing the water lines and both the city water and pump faucetts. The other is, replacing the tires which are over ten years old....found the receipt for them in the drawer.

You did get a great price even though you had to make a long trip to get it. There is one for sale in the Sarnia area right now but it is not in great shape and they are asking too much. What part of MI are you in?
Old 06-24-2016, 11:09 AM   #21

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Stewart View Post

I'll try to attach a photo.

Ok folks...how do I attach a photo?

Linda
Did you figure it out? Took me a while too.
When you are replying or starting your own post, go down to the second box of options on the page. You will see a spot for "manage attachments". Click on that and there will be a spot to add photos from your own computer to your post. Add the photos, then click "load" on the right side of box. Once they are loaded you have to "close" that page. Then "submit" your post from your original page. Kind of convuluted, I know! I hope I remembered it all correctly!
Old 06-25-2016, 12:06 AM   #22

Ontario
My goodness...I just looked at your photos again and the top bunk in my Trillium has the exact same original fabric still showing on the underside! The topside has been recovered.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:35 AM   #23

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie L View Post
My goodness...I just looked at your photos again and the top bunk in my Trillium has the exact same original fabric still showing on the underside! The topside has been recovered.
Cool, I figured it had to be the original fabric. It is a bit faded in spots but overall in good shape, no holes or tears.
It was worth the drive to Thunder Bay and the scenery was gorgeous. We live way up at the top of the lower peninsula so Sault Ste. Marie is only about an hour and a half away.

We had our first camp out this weekend and my wife was very happy. We have a Tear Drop that I built a few years ago but with a two year old, it is nice to have something that we can hang out in in case the weather is bad.

Good luck with your Trillium. I did see the one in Sarnia but, as we do a lot of rustic camping, I wanted something with all propane appliances. I was really excited that they are all in working order.

Save