Advice on metal carport/RV storage - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-15-2015, 09:42 AM   #15
Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I bought one of these metal carports to house my Scamp,strictly because it was considered portable/temporary and therefore not taxed or regulated. But then I guess at least two out of three little pigs just don't know what's adequate.
Careful though, the wolf just might be on the zoning board!
I built mine like that for the same reasons. We are well sheltered from wind, and it is the snow load and rain I do not want on the Scamp. My shelter is 21' x 12'. All sides are open, so with any wind blowing the ends of the 19footer get wet and snow dusted, but the bulk is perfectly dry. I could theoretically pick it up with a big truck and move it somewhere else. Also there is no permanent utility connection.

Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #16
Name: Dick
Trailer: Escape
Send a message via AIM to Dick & Joanne

Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I had Tuff Shed build me an 18x25 metal carport years ago for the Scamp. It's anchored with 3' Earth Anchors. Where I live, the wind howls Nov-Mar. and hasn't moved a bit.

It's too short for Ten Forward by about 6" and I need to get it lifted to get my wonderful trailer home. No one wants to do the work... Plan Ahead!
I found a contractor who has done work for me before who will slide 3 6x6's under the sides and raise it about 16 inches. I don't know if you can find anyone out there to do that, but it can be done.

Dick & Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote