Amerigo owners manual - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #15
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Marty, if you were responding to me... I did NOT receive the PDFs. I've sent you another PM

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:30 AM   #16
Name: George
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
Amerigo owners manual

I have been trying unsuccessfully to download the 3 documents on the site. I would very much appreciate copies and would be more than willing to reimburse you for the paper, toner and postage. I am a new owner of a 1972 Amerigo and am very much looking forward to a semi Nomadic lifestyle again. I am also new to this site and not very computer literate, so I am not sure how contact info is shared here. I will await a message from you. Thank you for your time. Mesquite

Mesquite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #17
Name: Steve
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
North Carolina
George, I also have a '72 that I purchased from the second owner & it came with all of the original paperwork such as the Certificate of Origin, brochures, tire warranty info and the owners manual. I have posted most of that info here: Amerigo Dealer Info From 1970 - 1972

I didn't copy/post the owner's manual as it is very generic with no specific info covering the FG-16's. It's about 16 pages of worthless info, here's the section on appliances and you'll see what I mean by worthless:

The initial operation of your furnace, air conditioner, water heater, cooking range and refrigerator is checked out by your selling-dealer or his agent at the time of purchase. He will explain the operation of the appliance by demonstrating the proper use. He will make minor adjustments at that time.

A separate warranty accompanies each appliance. Most state: any part or portion of the appliance which the company's examination shall disclose to be defective in workmanship or material during the period of 1 year from the date of purchase, will be replaced free of charge except for labor and transportation expenses incidental to replacement.

If service problems do develop under the separate warranty, contact your selling-dealer first. If he is not authorized to repair the appliance or make adjustments, he will tell you where to get it done. In submitting a request for service be sure to give the complete model and serial number."

Here's the section on frames:

Use a rust-proof paint to prevent rust developing on the protruding "A" frame. It is also advisable to paint your gas bottle each year."

I think you get the picture. My scanner took a dump last year. I can get copies made of this but to be honest I don't think you'll get any useful info from it.

Honestly you'll likely get better info from members and other FG-16 owners on the forum here.
SteveV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #18
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
About Amerigo Appliances

You can google the appliances manufacturers name and model number and you will usually come up with a set of the original manufacturers documents.

When the FG-16's were built. Sunrader & Amerigo, were both owned by Stewart Gardner companies, well known for minimal documentation, as well as common use of appliances.

That said, IF you have the Duette combination stove/oven/space heater, you will want to do a substantial amount of research on that one before using the space heater function. Information I received about that appliance, as installed in a Sunrader camper I owned, was that they were all recalled due to CO leaks, not a good thing.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote