Anybody know the history of the Trillium Jubilee? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
It's called ensolite. Here's a thread discussing various wall materials I found interesting:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=25788
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #22

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Talking

Quote:
It's called ensolite. Here's a thread discussing various wall materials I found interesting:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=25788
The owners of at least one of the Jubilee's at Emily said that they did not have Ensolite™ in theirs when they got it. Whatever it was they did have would crumble at a touch and had no insulation backing it. They had changed it out for plywood/carpet/masonite combo.

What Marc describes DOES sound like Ensolite™, though. If the white paint has a latex base and is not cracking and peeling it should be just fine, Marc.
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #23

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
[quote]Here's a "legacy post" on the Jubilee. It's not definitive, but hopefully it's useful.

<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">Posted 10:31:02 by Member Floy E. Doull, of Clarke's Beach, Newfoundland:

Hello, Jody!

It's good to meet another Jubilee owner. Does yours look like mine? As far as I know, 1979 was the Year of the Jubilee -- Jubilee of what, you might ask, and to that I have no reply. On the inside of the door to the cupboard under my sink, there is a sheet giving the particulars, put there by the manufacturer -- Trillium Industries, Markham, Ontario. It states there that it is a Jubilee, with the serial number JU.3300169 (the last three digits might not be correct -- I can check them though). So, if yours has a similar sheet, it should say clearly on it that it is a Jubilee. The trailer itself has "Jubilee", as you can perhaps see on the picture of mine, embossed on the right rear part of the fiberglass.

Now, if yours is indeed a Jubilee, then the question is what is its year of manufacture? I was informed on the 'Bolerama' site that it was only manufactured in 1979, and my ownership paper gives that date.

I don't have the manual for the Jubilee. I do, however, have the complete manuals on CD for the Trillium 4500, provided by dear friends who have that trailer. I understood it was the immediate successor to the Jubilee, and after that the Trillium 4600 was manufactured for only one year before the firm went out of business.

I would be interested to know about your trailer. We could compare notes.

-----------------------------
Floy Doull</span>

Attachment 13188

Hi. Is Floy Doull still in this forum? His serial number is only 10 away from mine,and I have a Trillium Jubilee. Thanks Tim R
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00116.JPG  
Tim R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:57 AM   #24

Trailer: 73 Boler (modified)
there's a jubilee for sale in Mirimichi, New brunswick. (Mirra-me-she) http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-R...QAdIdZ131276793

$4200 canadian, someone will snatch that up quickly.

Attached Thumbnails
jubilee.jpg  
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #25

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft 2001
There's alway's 2 or 3 Jubelee for sale here in Québec the older one is this one (1976)
http://www.lespac.com/search/detail.php?PH...=&no_region=

Sorry for the long link...Price is in CA$ Just write "Trillium" in the "Mots clés ou # annonce PAC" box and take look
http://www.lespac.com
Gilles D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #26

Trailer: Trillium 4500
[quote]Here's a "legacy post" on the Jubilee. It's not definitive, but hopefully it's useful.

<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">Posted 10:31:02 by Member Floy E. Doull, of Clarke's Beach, Newfoundland:

Hello, Jody!

It's good to meet another Jubilee owner. Does yours look like mine? As far as I know, 1979 was the Year of the Jubilee -- Jubilee of what, you might ask, and to that I have no reply. On the inside of the door to the cupboard under my sink, there is a sheet giving the particulars, put there by the manufacturer -- Trillium Industries, Markham, Ontario. It states there that it is a Jubilee, with the serial number JU.3300169 (the last three digits might not be correct -- I can check them though). So, if yours has a similar sheet, it should say clearly on it that it is a Jubilee. The trailer itself has "Jubilee", as you can perhaps see on the picture of mine, embossed on the right rear part of the fiberglass.

Now, if yours is indeed a Jubilee, then the question is what is its year of manufacture? I was informed on the 'Bolerama' site that it was only manufactured in 1979, and my ownership paper gives that date.

I don't have the manual for the Jubilee. I do, however, have the complete manuals on CD for the Trillium 4500, provided by dear friends who have that trailer. I understood it was the immediate successor to the Jubilee, and after that the Trillium 4600 was manufactured for only one year before the firm went out of business.

I would be interested to know about your trailer. We could compare notes.

-----------------------------
Floy Doull</span>

Attachment 13188

Hi Floy Doull

You mention that you have the manuals for the Trillium 4500... I bought that Trillium last summer and am disparately looking for any information on that trailer that I can get. I love the trailer, but don't know anything about servicing the stuff in it. Any chance of getting some of that manual? Would sure appreciate it.
Dan F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #27

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
Hi Floy Doull

Mary was [b]quoting a "Legacy Post", which is a remnant of what we could piece together after the Computer Hacking of November 2005 destroyed this website. That means that Floy [b]was a member sometime before that date. I just searched the membership list, and it looks like he is no longer a member here.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #28

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Quote:

Mary was [b]quoting a "Legacy Post", which is a remnant of what we could piece together after the Computer Hacking of November 2005 destroyed this website. That means that Floy [b]was a member sometime before that date. I just searched the membership list, and it looks like he is no longer a member here.

Thanks Frederick... My first time on and didn't know the history.
Dan F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #29

Registry
Talking Trillium Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Attachment 14348

Here is a picture of one of the two Trillium Jubilees that were at the Emily Gathering on the weekend. It looks very similar to the "Square Boler". The owners said that only about 60 were made. They appear to be about 15 feet in length.
Hey there, that would be us! We were just at Bolerama 2011 near Port Colborne. I am happy to announce to anyone interested that thanks to Tom from Trillium, we solved the mystery of the water tank! The step up to the floor of the dinette is hinged and you can access the drain from there quite easily.

Here are the specs from inside the cupboard door:
It has a GVW of 2000 ibs and as its serial number ends in 035, I guess it was the 35th Trillium Jubilee made. So far as we know, it's a 1979 model. Yes, it has trailer brakes. It's in pretty good shape, but starting to show its age (aren't we all...).

Happy to hear from other Jubilee owners!
Attached Thumbnails
P7130096.jpg  
Pat Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #30

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Hi, Pat

Cool!
And
Did you get any other papers with the trailer?
I'd sure like more info about my converter, and according to the sheet you posted, you've got the same one.
Just to be clear-
This thread is from several years ago and James is referring there to a meet in July 2008- is that the one you were at, or do you mean the more recent one?

Thanks!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #31

Name: Roger
Trailer: 1979 Trillium Jubilee
New York
I believe I have the manual for the converter. I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure I saw it in the stack of papers that came with mine.

Any specific info you need?
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #32

Registry
Hi, Roger

I'd actually really like a copy...
Any chance you could upload it to the document center here?
How-to is at http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...les-43332.html
In fact, if you're in a mood to go to all the trouble...
Anything you have related to the older Trilliums that isn't already in the document center would I'm sure be greatly appreciated by ALL us old-time Trillium owners who got no papers with their rigs!

Francesca

Thanks a bunch!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #33

Name: Roger
Trailer: 1979 Trillium Jubilee
New York
I just went and checked. the manual I have is exactly the same as the one already uploaded in the docs section under "1978 Central Power Pack manual" My model is the same as well, being the CP-06.

I believe it to be the original unit, and is in working order.

I do have some other documents, and I will try to get them scanned and uploaded.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #34

Registry
Hi, Roger

Darn!
Shows what happens when one makes assumptions.
My 4500 is a '78 and I just presumed that your '79 Jubilee would have the same converter...WRONG!
I've looked at the CP in the document center, and that's not it.
Thanks anyway!
Back to the drawing board.....

Francesca
Old 08-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #35

Name: Rod
Trailer: 2014 GWV Trillium Sidekick 1500
British Columbia
Registry
I had the recent opportunity to spend a couple of hours with Tom Young of Trillium fame chatting about Trillium history. A couple of points worth noting:

Jubilee model was introduced for people who wanted a wood interior - go figure. According to Tom they lost their shirt on this venture.

5500 with tandem axle was an option to appeal to macho men who thought a rig that big needed a dual axel - again, go figure. It was not cut back to a single axle to save money as it was an option. According to Tom the 5500 was light enough to be towed, and actually towed better with a single axle. This was due to the position of the single axle.

Trillium never went "out of business". The bank walked one day during the financial decline of the early '80s (remember interest rates were 20+ percent?), in '81 to be exact, and figured no one would be buying RVs. They put the company into receivership. People continued to buy Trilliums that the bank was compiling from parts and previously assembled stock, at full price, until '83. So much for people not wanting to go camping and/or travelling due to a recession. Lesson here is don't go into business with the bank (if you didn't already know that).

I am a Trilliumaire - I can go camping anytime, any place, anywhere.
Rodre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #36

Registry
Trillium Jubilee power source box

Here is a picture of our power box. The dealer where we get the trailer repaired, stored, and prepped for each season said that this is a superior unit and is component-based and thus easy to repair. I gather that modern ones are unitized and if there is a problem you have to replace the whole thing. (As your three year old nephew probably knows more about this than me, I would be delighted to get more info on the subject.)

Attached Thumbnails
P7150004.jpg  
Old 10-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #37

Registry
Regarding above question, yes were were at Emily Bolerama 2009, 2008, and 2007, and at Long Beach (Port Colborne) Bolerama 2011. Looking orward to seeing everybody at 2012 Ontario Bolerama, whereever it is!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #38

Name: Tom
Ontario
We are in the process now replacing the floors and all cabinets due to water damage in our 79 Jubillee also need to remove the painted roof covering that was was applied by previous owner very sloppily I might add, then ready to camp!!
Tomp38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 08:34 AM   #39

Name: Greg
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
Hey team,

Does anybody of the Jubilee crowd know if it came standard with Trailer Brakes? I know the 1300 did not, but having a heck of a time trying to find that info?
DannyNoonan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium