Anyone tried Poli-glow? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #41

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
From various sources I have read Acetone will remove it - however, Acetone is pretty nasty stuff.
Actually I've found acetone to be really easy to work with in a vented space. Only problem is it's extremely volatile so you go through a can fairly quick. But it sure takes out a variety of stains and leaves no residue.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #42

Trailer: Trillium 4500 1978
On fiberglass boats with stains in the gel coat, Oxyalic acid will take out rust and tanic stains. Oxyalic acid is a white powder to mix with water, available at many hardware stores. The fiberglass must be cleaned of oils, grease, and waxes before the acid wash. This is a mild acid and we have no trouble with skin contact (but will sting cuts). It will also take rust stains out of clothing. --Dan--
drdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #43

Trailer: 1999 21 ft Bigfoot (2500 series)
how about using TSP anyone ever done that?

Alexandra
Alexandra B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #44

Trailer: Trillium 1971 13 ft
Registry
Is Poli Glow available in stores here in Canada or is it just available online??

https://community.webshots.com/user/p...host=community
Paul Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #45

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
how about using TSP anyone ever done that?

Alexandra
I used TSP to wash my trailer initially (first summer.) I don't think it would remove PoliGlo and it did not do as good a job of cleaning as the PoliGlo prep solution did (second summer.)

PoliGlo was definitely easier to use than it sounds like (the number of coats sounds like a lot but it goes on so fast that isn't an issue.)
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #46

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft 1985
Registry
Quote:
I just bought some of this Poli Glow. I will be taking pictures ------before and after application------ Will keep you posted. Not to much luck getting it applied this weekend. The weather forcast is for rain all weekend here.
http://www.ahoycaptain.com/shop/poliglow.html
http://www.poliglowproducts.com/index2.phtml
J.S.Lahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #47

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Good stuff--PoliGlow has been on my trailer for almost 2 years and still shines, like it was NEW.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #48

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
I poli-glowed my trailer this year and DO NOT regret it one bit! I've been told several times by other campers that my trailer looks like new. They're surprised to learn it's 24 years old!

We decided to keep it at a private campground this season. It sits under pine trees. This past weekend I washed it for the first time since placing there mid-May. I used car wash soap and a car brush and all the crud from the trees easily came right off.

I swear by this stuff!!
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #49

Trailer: Trillium 1971 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
I poli-glowed my trailer this year and DO NOT regret it one bit! I've been told several times by other campers that my trailer looks like new. They're surprised to learn it's 24 years old!

We decided to keep it at a private campground this season. It sits under pine trees. This past weekend I washed it for the first time since placing there mid-May. I used car wash soap and a car brush and all the crud from the trees easily came right off.

I swear by this stuff!!
Carolyn, I have a couple questions how long did it take for the first cleaning? Also how long did it take to apply the first coat & are multiple coats able to be applied on the same day. I have purchased the kit & the next time we are out we are thinking of doing it then. I'm looking forward to doing it & seeing the results of our hard work.
Paul

https://community.webshots.com/user/p...host=community
Paul Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #50

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Weird. I just placed my order and came to this forum and this thread pops up. I'm looking forward to using it.

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #51

Trailer: 1981 Burro and Teardrop (Scadabout 1961)
Wink

Quote:
Kevin, where do we buy the Poli-glow? We live in Southern California and have a sweet little 13' Scamp that really needs a face lift. Thanks Gerry

We will have to talk about this at the Spam!
Patricia LW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #52

Quote:
Good stuff--PoliGlow has been on my trailer for almost 2 years and still shines, like it was NEW.

Kevin, I have been following your experience and comments on PoliGlow and at the risk of sounding really naive do you buff this on, use a polisher or ... something as simple as wipe it on? I think you said it took you 1 1/2 hours to do all coats. That can't possibly be hand buffing can it? I am feeling very wimpy all of a sudden!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #53

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Patricia LW
Just wipe it on. By the time you go around the trailer, you can apply another coat. Only thing you must do is apply it in the shade, or when its a cloudy day Because it will dry to fast in the direct sun. Just make sure the trailer is very clean before you start or you will seal in the dirt forever. I put 4 coats on my trailer and it looks like new.

Click image for larger version

Name:	poligrow.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	22599
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #54

[quote]Patricia LW
Just wipe it on. By the time you go around the trailer, you can apply another coat. Only thing you must do is apply it in the shade, or when its a cloudy day Because it will dry to fast in the direct sun. Just make sure the trailer is very clean before you start or you will seal in the dirt forever. I put 4 coats on my trailer and it looks like new.

Attachment 22599

I think you have just made my day .... maybe my whole month! Thank you, thank you.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #55
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I just wanted to add our 2 cents worth on Poli-Glow... We love it! We have used it on all of our trailers and even the 1973 Boler is looking like new again. We would recommend it to everyone.
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #56

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
My 1975 Trillium (Green) is very oxidized. I have done extensive research and have decided NOT to use Poliglow. It looks like it has good results but after seeing a few old Poliglow applications, the yellow peeling looks very bad and is hard to remove. I think I might try cut polishing or something else.
Borax and Nu Finish?

Darren Pettis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #57

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
Quote:
My 1975 Trillium (Green) is very oxidized. I have done extensive research and have decided NOT to use Poliglow. It looks like it has good results but after seeing a few old Poliglow applications, the yellow peeling looks very bad and is hard to remove. I think I might try cut polishing or something else.
Borax and Nu Finish?
I havent seen any posts on poli glo yellowing and peeling?..are they on here? are you sure ot was the poli glo yellowing etc and not whats under it ?...just curious...Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:15 AM   #58

Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Poliglow..
I just purchased the kit via the 'net and I'm anxious to bring out the shine in mine! I researched my choices for making my dull Casita shine fairly extensively (also via the 'net) and the yea votes for Poliglow were so overwhelming as compared to the nae votes that I went for it.

I had already tried Meguiars wax and while it did bring out a fair shine, it did not seem to last long out in the sun
John Hussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #59

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
PoliGlow has a stripper available; haven't tried it, but they also recommend a new coat every year to keep up the shine. I'm a Poliglow fan though I wish it had a bug repellent! (You know, to keep bugs from being smashed onto the front of the trailer).
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #60

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
PoliGlow has a stripper available; haven't tried it, but they also recommend a new coat every year to keep up the shine. I'm a Poliglow fan though I wish it had a bug repellent! (You know, to keep bugs from being smashed onto the front of the trailer).
Over on CasitaClub, Blair has recommended RejeX. Supposedly, you just wash off the bugs with plain ole water from the hose... no scrubbing needed. I DON'T know if this should be applied over Poli Glow though. May be worth checking out if you travel through buggy areas.

RejeX: Nothing Sicks but the Shine

Here's the CasitaClub topic: Tired of cleaning bugs off your fiberglass? REJEX
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote