Anyone tried Poli-glow? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #61

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp and 1985 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Over on CasitaClub, Blair has recommended RejeX. Supposedly, you just wash off the bugs with plain ole water from the hose... no scrubbing needed. I DON'T know if this should be applied over Poli Glow though. May be worth checking out if you travel through buggy areas.

RejeX: Nothing Sicks but the Shine

Here's the CasitaClub topic: Tired of cleaning bugs off your fiberglass? REJEX
Kevin, The poli-glow info is great, but I noticed a type of door stop on your door on your upper hinge, could you tell me what that is and have a picture? It looks like a great way to stop the door with out placing any holes in the fiberglass thanks, suger mcallen
sugermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #62

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I put Poli Glow on our UHaul last spring (3-4 coats) and it has looked great all summer. I just wash it off periodically. the peeling and yellowing mentioned ONLY occurred on my decals because I tried to cover them, too. It didn't stick well to the decals, so I scrubbed it off that area after it started to loosen up. Seems fine now and I'll give it another coat in the spring.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #63

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
sugermc
Stock Scamp door hinge.
Click image for larger version

Name:	no002aa.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	24960
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #64

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
I seen two different sellers on ebay offering the poli glo kits at $59+10 shipping today...that stuffs getting cheaper? Either way I'm gonna grab one and do it when the artic weather here ends........Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #65

Trailer: 1977 Boler (Orange Sunrise 'Clementine')
Registry
I see that this is an old thread, but I am wondering if anyone knows if Poliglow would reduce the need for buffing. A fiberglass expert told me that my Boler's gel coat is pretty thin, and he recommended at least applying a UV protecting polish. I am just wondering if I need to buff at all with something like this.
Amy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #66

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1996 16' Casita SD
Louisiana
Registry
I have two comments after reading this whole thread (and checking out a lot of links in it).
1) Oxyalic acid is wood bleach. Wood refinishers use it for getting stains out of old wood. I imagine it wood (pun) work, and it is not as strong as chlorine bleach.
2) I'm wondering if this product (Poli-glow) will be a problem down the road when someone wants to re-paint. When I painted cars, we always had problems with any car that had a "poly" product on it. It took a special product called "Poly-cracker" to get it off and added to the cost of the paint job (time).
Just wondering -
itlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #67

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft 1985
Registry
I have used Poli glow, it is a good product and the effect was very nice - however - it was a lot of work...my campoer had to be de-oxyidised - by hand, took a very long time to get it all off. used bar keepers friend and product from rv dealer that is about the same. The original finish was faded and oxyidized. it is 28 years old so what can we expect. anyhow. the mant coats of Poli Glow didn't last as long as I had hoped, a year and half later it needed redone. I had camper painted as I just can't do all that work anymore for such a temp result. I would rather just wash it and go camping. I have alot of the products I would like to sell to someone with lots of energy, etc.
J.S.Lahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #68

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Over on CasitaClub, Blair has recommended RejeX. Supposedly, you just wash off the bugs with plain ole water from the hose... no scrubbing needed. I DON'T know if this should be applied over Poli Glow though. May be worth checking out if you travel through buggy areas.

RejeX: Nothing Sicks but the Shine

Here's the CasitaClub topic: Tired of cleaning bugs off your fiberglass? REJEX
Donna, I contacted the RejeX folks a couple of years age with this same question. They told me that you really cannot apply it over Poli Glow because both products are waxlike finishes and the RejeX won't adhere to fiberglass treated with Poli Glow.

They also suggested that you have to clean and oxidize the fiberglass before applying the RejeX (as with Poli Glow). They have a companion product with will do this.

BTW, I have found that cleaning the trailer with 20 Mule Team Borax works really well on bugs and requires a minimum of elbow greese. I started using Borax after reading another post on this same subject.

Hope this helps.