Anyone use "Awesome Spray Cleaner"?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Hi all! (Sorry if this has been previously discussed, I DID do a search using "Awesome Spray Cleaner" and didn't find anything that matched - so I figured it hadn't been brought up.

While camping this weekend, our 'neighbor' and I were talking about the care of travel trailers (poor guy, he had a stick built one) and the black streaks we get. We were camping under pine trees and I was worried about getting sap and such from these trees and how I was going to clean the top of the trailer once home.

He (and HIS neighbor with the stick built 5th wheel) both recommended "Awesome Spray Cleaner" - then went on to tell me that it would even make mine look more white. Said the only place they had found it was at Dollar Tree (Everything's $1 store).

While scrubbing the fiberglass today, and finding some spots I couldn't remove with Barkeeper's Friend, I made the trek to my nearest (10 miles) Dollar Tree to see if they had this stuff. Sure enough, there it was - So I grabbed 3 bottles and back home I went. I'm reading where it removes tree sap, tar, paint from hands, wine, blood - etc and could also be used with your carpet cleaner. Now I only paid $1.00 for this so I didn't expect much.....

http://www.dollardays.com/i315784-wholesal...se-cleaner.html

Let me tell you...this stuff is AWESOME!! I do think my 'egg' is brighter, as some places where I sprayed a yellow film (like smokers film) was coming off the sides of the trailer. I used 2 1/2 bottles of this stuff (this again after I had spent the morning scrubbing it with Barkeepers) and couldn't believe it removed spots on the roof that the scrub didn't.

Now I do have some bird droppings that are blue and I can't remove, not even with ZUD cleanser, but this stuff is incredible, and much cheaper than any "Black Streak Remover" I'd seen on the shelf at Camping World here in Akron. I did do a 'google search' on the cleaner, and found that boat owners use it to remove waterline stains that nothing else they had tried worked. So I figured it was ok for MY fiberglass as well...

I highly recommend this cleaner.....

Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:36 PM   #2

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Trillium
Sounds like a miracle product... can't help wondering what's in it if it removes things other cleaners won't touch.

(but I will look for some to see if it will finally remove the black streaks I inherited when I bought this old FG trailer - off to Seattle next weekend; wife and sister-in-law to quilt show, myself and brother to Glazer's, various wood-working stores, Camping World (about which I've heard so much) and whatever else strikes our fancy).
David Swinnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
I use it all the time. It's awesome alright. Supposed to be environmentally safe too!

Sometimes you have to scrub a little but usually it's spray on and wipe off.

I had some reservations because it's yellow and when I sprayed a spot on the outside of the Burro that spot seemed yellow compared to the rest of the trailer but later on it was all the same color.

all of the "dollar " places have it. Refill bottles too!
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
I'm laughing because my mother uses this whenever she gets food stains on her clothes. It takes out the stain and works on clothes unless they cannot be washed normally. When she came to visit, I didn't have any and she immediately hurried to the dollar store so it would be on hand. Seems to work.
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #5

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
I've used Awesome for years and years--works on most everything I've ever used it on (dog throw up this AM) but have never used it on the outside of the trailer. We're back from our trip as of last night and the trailer gets a bath today. I'll try it!

Quote:
I'm laughing because my mother uses this whenever she gets food stains on her clothes. It takes out the stain and works on clothes unless they cannot be washed normally. When she came to visit, I didn't have any and she immediately hurried to the dollar store so it would be on hand. Seems to work.
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
My question: Does this Awesome Spray Cleaner remove the wax?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #7

Quote:
My question: Does this Awesome Spray Cleaner remove the wax?
Donna,

I haven't applied the Poli-Glow as everyone raves about. I have used "Fiberglass RV Restorer" from Camping World, and "NuFinish" - neither lasted more than a week for me. The roof stains I mentioned previously (except for the blueberries a bird ate then deposited on my roof top) needed to come off ASAP. The cleanser didn't take them off, but 'Awesome' did.

I would assume anyone using this product would use it in an inconspicuous area first. Then use it as directed (Well ventilated area!) if they were happy with the results. It worked for me, heck I used it on some of my husband t-shirts today that had 'mystery spots' that Spray and Wash couldn't get out after repeated washings - and now they're gone!

Just my experience with the product.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:54 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Donna,

I haven't applied the Poli-Glow as everyone raves about. I have used "Fiberglass RV Restorer" from Camping World, and "NuFinish" - neither lasted more than a week for me. The roof stains I mentioned previously (except for the blueberries a bird ate then deposited on my roof top) needed to come off ASAP. The cleanser didn't take them off, but 'Awesome' did.

I would assume anyone using this product would use it in an inconspicuous area first. Then use it as directed (Well ventilated area!) if they were happy with the results. It worked for me, heck I used it on some of my husband t-shirts today that had 'mystery spots' that Spray and Wash couldn't get out after repeated washings - and now they're gone!

Just my experience with the product.
Thanks Carolyn, I do have some yellowing in some areas of the Scamp... that could very well be yellowed wax. I have used Pol-Glo with great results on my old Scamp, but would like to leave as much wax on as possible... too big of a job to tackle too many times. I'll try the inconspicuous area first. Heck, I can always use it on my laundry if I don't like what it does to the wax.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #9

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
When you use Awesome spray cleaner on fiberglass...or clothes...do you dilute it? I bought a bottle yesterday and it has a l-o-n-g list of recommended dilutions. Would hate to use it on clothes only to find that the spot is gone because a hole took its place!
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:14 PM   #10

Trailer: 2007 Casita
This is so funny you posted this topic, on our first day out on our 2 week, not sure how many miles yet (cause we're not home yet). But we had a blow out on our new to us Casita, the tire just shreaded and of course there was black tire smeared all over the tire well area. I not only freaked for just having a blow out less than 400 miles from home in the middle of no-where Wyoming at way past sun down................. Anyway the next morning while getting new tires mounted I was asking the tire guy if he knew a trick to get the tire smear off my new white Casita.......... He suggested Awesome Cleaner. He explained I could find it at the dollar store, Well I stopped and bought it, I was shocked how much it took off. I need to get home so I can really do some scrubbing with Awesome. But for what little I did do, I was shocked how much came off. Interesting to find out it might take off stains out of clothes. After 2 weeks of camping and useing laundry mats my clothes are icky. I guess I will give it a try on some of my knock around tee's and shorts. Hope others suggest what they use Awesome for, it will be interesting to find out what other uses we can find for it. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #11

Quote:
When you use Awesome spray cleaner on fiberglass...or clothes...do you dilute it? I bought a bottle yesterday and it has a l-o-n-g list of recommended dilutions. Would hate to use it on clothes only to find that the spot is gone because a hole took its place!
Vivian,

I didn't dilute it either time - not on the trailer and not on the shirt with the old spot. I will note 2 things...

I didn't use gloves when I used it to clean the trailer. I knew I had read that I should, but, my shoes were wet, and I just wanted to get my camper cleaned up and not spend time searching for some rubber gloves inside the house. My hands have been dry for the past couple days...not bad, but dry.

As far as the shirt, it was a 'yard work' type shirt, and I used the 'steam spray' part of the nozzle, and threw it into the wash - didn't let it sit and soak in.

I used it yesterday on my smooth top - cook top stove, in place of the paste that I usually use...It took of a couple cooked on spots there too!! (Left some streaks, but that's ok)

I donno...it worked very well for my purposes. Usually I don't put much faith into cleaners I get from the Dollar Store, but this one seems like a winner in my book!

Old 08-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #12

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
The bottle does not list the ingredients in Awesome cleaner, but does state that it contains 2-butoxy ethanol. here is some data on the chemical: http://www.westp2net.org/janitorial/tools/butoxy.htm
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #13

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Thanx, Carolyn, for the head's up on this product. We are waaaay overdue to correct the oxidation on our GeezerEgg and will probably try "Awesome".

Thanx, Vivian, for the link to the potential hazards associated with the active ingredient ... kinda the other side of the "too good to be true" coin, but we'll be verrrrry careful (gloves, short exposures, etc.).

Hope August is a month filled with summer fun and LOTS of camping adventures! L 'n D
Old 08-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #14

Trailer: 1989 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
I came in to check if there was anything that would get out the really tough black streaks off my trailer after trying a strong solution of bleach as recommended by someone else here. (which did do a great job) I'm off to Dollar Tree. Thanks a lot, ya'll
SharonNDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:28 PM   #15

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Quote:
Sounds like a miracle product... can't help wondering what's in it if it removes things other cleaners won't touch.

(but I will look for some to see if it will finally remove the black streaks I inherited when I bought this old FG trailer - off to Seattle next weekend; wife and sister-in-law to quilt show, myself and brother to Glazer's, various wood-working stores, Camping World (about which I've heard so much) and whatever else strikes our fancy).

David, NO NEED to go that far searching for this "Awesome Cleaner".
Just today I received a flier from them (tucked in one of our local rags....) from "Bianca Amor's Liquidation SuperCenter. In it I found this add which reads, in part: "Awesome Cleaner" $3.00 per bottle (does NOT indicate what size but its in a spritzer type bottle) and the pic is too small to try n read it anyhow) and special bonus, Buy 10 bottles and get 2 FREE. The outlet (if anyone within eye shot of Vancouver can get there) is located at: 15340 104th Ave. in Sunny Surrey (thats near Flag Motors....)
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #16

Trailer: 1989 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Got some Awesome today. It took off all the black streaks. It also looked like my trailer had been peed on, which freaked me out. But, that washed off. Good stuff. Now, have to find the Poly-Glow
SharonNDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:24 PM   #17

Registry
.....amung other places, Poli-Glo can usually be found at any well stocked pool/hot tub vendor, or an automotve parts house.....aw SCHUCKS, LOL!!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #18

Trailer: 87 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
.....amung other places, Poli-Glo can usually be found at any well stocked [b]poo/hot tub vendor, or an automotve parts house.....aw SCHUCKS, LOL!!!!
Whoooooa... What kinda stores do you go to? Sounds nasty.
Pat R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #19

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Exclamation

Quote:
Whoooooa... What kinda stores do you go to? Sounds nasty.
I fixed it.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:12 PM   #20

Registry
Quote:
I fixed it.
I never rechecked for spelin erorz!!

Thanks for puddin' my <span style="font-family:Impact"><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"> 'L' </span></span> in its rightful place, LOL!!!!