Are Burros still manufactured? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi all, I'm a newbie to the forum, just a daydreaming FBegg-owner-wanna-be. Reading through the forums here I was at first under the impression that Burros were no longer manufactured, then I found the Burro website and thought "ah, another trailer to add to my ever expanding wish list" (especially since they sold a kit, I'm thinking of trying to get a shell and customize the interior). Then I tried to find more information here, and ran across a mention in an older thread that Burro is shut down, but their website remains up. Is that so, or has the company been resurrected? And just for future reference, is there a good list of all FB trailers that are actually still in production?

Thanks!
Laura F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #2

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Hi Laura and welcome to FiberglassRV.com!

There's a link under Helpful-Links on the left that shows you all of the current production fiberglass trailers. Alas, the Burro website is the site that never dies... unlike the trailer manufacturer itself who went out of business sometime in 2002. The EggCamper is constructed in a manner very similar to the Burro though, if you're looking for new. There are lots of manufacturers out there building trailers today, and they're all very good.

Have fun looking, and don't hesitate to ask questions!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #3

'doh! right there under my nose the whole time. Oh well, all those nights staying up too late, researching, dreaming, and drooling were worth it! Thanks Roger!
Old 06-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #4

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
You're welcome, Laura! If you really have your heart set on a Burro, nice used ones come onto the market from time to time...

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #5

Nope, not particularly attached to it, but ieveryday I've got a new crush on a different trailer and I did like the idea of a kit. I think the one I'll be devoted to is the one I have a chance of actually getting (I am still waiting for the money to fall out of the sky so I'm actually in a position to buy!)
Old 06-06-2009, 10:54 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi, Laura and

Have you checked the "for sale" and "referral" sections on this forum? There is a super 17 ft. Burro (no bath) for a great price in Mass (I want that one!) and a 16 ft Scamp with side bath & front bunks in MN. Just an FYI

We wish you happy 'shopping' and good luck in finding the just-right-for-you Egg ... you've got the bug now, and resistance is futile Let us know what you find - L 'n D
Old 06-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

I don't know where in MO you live, but you are right in the center of three mfgr's:

Scamp - Backus, MN

http://www.scamptrailers.com/About.aspx

Casita - Rice, TX

http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com/index.html

Egg Camper - Granville, MI

http://www.eggcamper.com/

Since you can pick up your trailer at the factory to avoid delivery charges, you have a choice.

Enjoy!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote