Awnings? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Scamp
So I haven't been here in a while, and I did try the search feature but couldn't come up with anything so here goes. I had the roll up awning for my 1976 13' Scamp stored in my truck. Someone felt they needed it more than I did so I'll be needing to buy one now. The only thing I can find is the $450 deals that are mounted on the side, however I'm merely looking for one of the ones that you slide into the track and manually unroll and use poles and cords. Anyone know where to get these. They've gotta be much less than $450. Any help would be appreciated!
Jonathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
This is my suggestion..

http://www.interwestsports.com/

I currently have one, but my 85 pound golden retriever's leash became tangled around one of the legs and it broke. Right now we're using a First-Up awning. My husband likes it better, but I like the bag awning.

Hope this helps.

Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
You might try a marine canvas shop, I have a seat cover that slides into a track.

Bill K

Quote:
So I haven't been here in a while, and I did try the search feature but couldn't come up with anything so here goes. I had the roll up awning for my 1976 13' Scamp stored in my truck. Someone felt they needed it more than I did so I'll be needing to buy one now. The only thing I can find is the $450 deals that are mounted on the side, however I'm merely looking for one of the ones that you slide into the track and manually unroll and use poles and cords. Anyone know where to get these. They've gotta be much less than $450. Any help would be appreciated!
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:38 PM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Carolyns suggestion is xlnt!

136 bones for a 10 footer.. and it includes everything, even the rail!.. can't go wrong with that!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:46 AM   #5

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Johathon,

We bought an interwest sports one - here are a couple of threads discussing the plus's and minus's of them:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...nterwest+sports
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...nterwest+sports
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
I just installed the Supreme bag awning below on my Fiber Stream.

http://www.enter.net/kart/kart.pl?action=m...cart=rvworkshop

It is just great, but I had to modify it a bit. The standard is designed to be installed on a vertical surface. My awning rail is on the curve of the Fiber Stream roof, so the strut support sits in front of the awning rail. I had to take 5/8" off the square aluminum strut extension piece so that the strut would not be overstressed and bowed. I will post modification photos when i have a chance.

Vic
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #7

Trailer: 13 ft Boler and 17 ft Boler
I used an inexpensive blue tarp and some 3/8 inch rope with a couple of poles for a few years. It wasn't pretty but it worked. Fold the tarp around the rope and then pull the rope through the track.
kevin61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #8

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
We put a Supreme Bag awning from interwestsports as well. Really enjoy it.

Here was my install post for a 13 Scamp... Shademaker Awning Install
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #9

Trailer: 13 ft Casita
We just bought a 10' X 10 folding Gazebo from walmart for $88 plus a 4 sided wind curtain to fit it for $40 it is better than an awning to us... its a portable room or porch or work area you can also get screened in sides for $30 .. we can leave 1 side off and put it right against our 13' casita and it fits perfect it also has adjustable legs for height adj ... Just another approach..you can put up the wind curtain 1-4 walls it has 2 solid walls,2 solid walls with a zipper in the middle. you can arrange the walls on anyside.. its very versitle...
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote