BAL Leveler, Stabilizers and Jacks - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #15

Name: George
Trailer: Waiting for the Sprinter van and designing the converion modules.
Oregon
Quote:
Okay, now BAL has three different things going here.

[b]1) BAL Leveler

Attachment 12454

[b]2) BAL Jacks

Attachment 12455

[b]3) BAL Stabilizers

Attachment 12456

Don't confuse them, they do different things.
Donna,

The newest BAL jack is C-jack. C-jack has almost scissor jack load capacity with good stability control. I am in the midst of mounting wireless remote control by Atwood with BAL drives. Generic four way wireless remote control could be purchase on E-bay for much less. This addition should become my best investment in the set-up time.

George.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1750.JPG   IMG_1751.JPG  

IMG_1753.JPG  

Old 04-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #16

Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
I added those to my 5500, By welding in a cross member at the front and rear, They work well but puting them at a 45 degree towards the center of the trailer might have made them a little more stable, as my trailer still seems to wobble a bit front to back.

Attached Images

Old 04-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #17

Ontario
you can still see the old jacks in the picture of the rear between the bumper and the crossbar I added
Old 04-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #18

Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
Unhappy

I believe you are talking about a tire leveler such as this http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=74223

Used to: Level your trailer from side - to - side in minutes with the easy - to - use BALŪ Light Trailer Tire Leveler.

2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #19

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via MSN to Coach George Jessup
Quote:
I believe you are talking about a tire leveler such as this [url=".....3[/url].....
yep; just like the other same 3 pics of this posted on the first page of this thread.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:51 AM   #20

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
yep; just like the other same 3 pics of this posted on the first page of this thread.
You know why that happened George... I split off individual posts from two different topics and combined into one topic... then moved it into this forum.

Adrian it's fine, you didn't know this was going to happen and I didn't want to delete your post.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #21

Name: Daniel
Trailer: '74 Trillium 1300
-
Quote:
They work well but puting them at a 45 degree towards the center of the trailer might have made them a little more stable, as my trailer still seems to wobble a bit front to back.
Those are great pictures, Joe! 45° angle seems a bit harder to do, though. Do you think installing them along the length of the trailer (i.e. 90° from the way you have them now) would work better? Or might it wobble more from side to side?
Old 04-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #22

Ontario
I think it would wobble a lot more side to side. I find now that if I give each of the jacks a bit of a turn everyday it helps a lot, but I think mounting on a 45 might cure it.

Joe
Old 04-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #23

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Curious as to the weight limits for the Bal tire leveler. We have a 17 ft Casita and would something like this to make setting up easier. Thanks, Terry
Old 04-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #24

Name: Daniel
Trailer: '74 Trillium 1300
-
Quote:
I find now that if I give each of the jacks a bit of a turn everyday it helps a lot, but I think mounting on a 45 might cure it.
I'm curious as to why giving them a turn actually helps. Do they sink into the ground? Do you put a small board under each foot?

Quote:
Curious as to the weight limits for the Bal tire leveler.
Don't know about the leveler, but the stabilizer has:
700 lb. lifting capacity and 1,000 lb. load capacity per jack
Old 04-05-2008, 07:32 PM   #25

Name: Michael
Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ftCB / 2011 Toyota Sienna
Ontario
Quote:
I think it would wobble a lot more side to side. I find now that if I give each of the jacks a bit of a turn everyday it helps a lot, but I think mounting on a 45 might cure it.
Joe
For my BigFoot 17.5, I've bought these levelers from J.C.Whitney.

Name:   Leveler.gif
Views: 58
Size:  7.0 KB

JC Whitney Levelers
I will have my Welder attach them to the front and back of the frames. I had 1 set installed in my older Bigfoot 13.5, and only had a problem once, when one side vibrated down on washboard roads and got slightly bent going up a driveway. I was able to bend it back OK. I got smarter after that!
I 'may' leave the tongue jack in the ground to prevent forward/rear rocking, but will see how stable it is when installed and cranked up!
It should be far better than the piddly jacks that came with my unit!
Mike
Old 04-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #26

Name: Karen
Trailer: Formerly Bigfoot 25RB21 and Scamp 19
Colorado
Quote:
Curious as to the weight limits for the Bal tire leveler. We have a 17 ft Casita and would something like this to make setting up easier. Thanks, Terry
The company told me 1700 lbs. capacity.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:29 AM   #27

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Karen T, does that mean it could be used on a trailer up the 3400 lbs., since the other half of the trailer would be on the ground? Dumb question?

We purchased one of these from our local Camping World but they could not answer our question. Of course it would work... you know how that goes. We want to take it back if it won't support the trailer for a few years. Thanks, Terry
Old 04-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #28

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Karen T, does that mean it could be used on a trailer up the 3400 lbs., since the other half of the trailer would be on the ground? Dumb question?

We purchased one of these from our local Camping World but they could not answer our question. Of course it would work... you know how that goes. We want to take it back if it won't support the trailer for a few years. Thanks, Terry
I won't tell you whether it would work for you or not. All I can tell you is it works on my 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe... because of the all wood interior it is heavier than most 16' Scamps. Having said that, I will tell you I've never used the BAL leveler to lift one side of trailer high enough to get the tire completely off the ground. I still try to find the most level spot to park first, the BAL just provides final, completely level camping.

Quote:
We want to take it back if it won't support the trailer for a few years.
Whether you purchase from Camping World or another company and you need to take it back because it didn't work for you.... is between you and that company and their return policy.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote