BAL Leveler, Stabilizers and Jacks - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #21

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
They work well but puting them at a 45 degree towards the center of the trailer might have made them a little more stable, as my trailer still seems to wobble a bit front to back.
Those are great pictures, Joe! 45° angle seems a bit harder to do, though. Do you think installing them along the length of the trailer (i.e. 90° from the way you have them now) would work better? Or might it wobble more from side to side?
Old 04-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #22

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
I think it would wobble a lot more side to side. I find now that if I give each of the jacks a bit of a turn everyday it helps a lot, but I think mounting on a 45 might cure it.

Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #23

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Curious as to the weight limits for the Bal tire leveler. We have a 17 ft Casita and would something like this to make setting up easier. Thanks, Terry
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:59 PM   #24

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
I find now that if I give each of the jacks a bit of a turn everyday it helps a lot, but I think mounting on a 45 might cure it.
I'm curious as to why giving them a turn actually helps. Do they sink into the ground? Do you put a small board under each foot?

Quote:
Curious as to the weight limits for the Bal tire leveler.
Don't know about the leveler, but the stabilizer has:
700 lb. lifting capacity and 1,000 lb. load capacity per jack
Old 04-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #25

Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ftCB / 2003 Honda Odyssey
Quote:
I think it would wobble a lot more side to side. I find now that if I give each of the jacks a bit of a turn everyday it helps a lot, but I think mounting on a 45 might cure it.
Joe
For my BigFoot 17.5, I've bought these levelers from J.C.Whitney.

Name:   Leveler.gif
Views: 70
Size:  7.0 KB

JC Whitney Levelers
I will have my Welder attach them to the front and back of the frames. I had 1 set installed in my older Bigfoot 13.5, and only had a problem once, when one side vibrated down on washboard roads and got slightly bent going up a driveway. I was able to bend it back OK. I got smarter after that!
I 'may' leave the tongue jack in the ground to prevent forward/rear rocking, but will see how stable it is when installed and cranked up!
It should be far better than the piddly jacks that came with my unit!
Mike
Michael Pupeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #26

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (Previously 2004 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel)
Quote:
Curious as to the weight limits for the Bal tire leveler. We have a 17 ft Casita and would something like this to make setting up easier. Thanks, Terry
The company told me 1700 lbs. capacity.
Karen T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:29 AM   #27

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Karen T, does that mean it could be used on a trailer up the 3400 lbs., since the other half of the trailer would be on the ground? Dumb question?

We purchased one of these from our local Camping World but they could not answer our question. Of course it would work... you know how that goes. We want to take it back if it won't support the trailer for a few years. Thanks, Terry
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:39 AM   #28

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Karen T, does that mean it could be used on a trailer up the 3400 lbs., since the other half of the trailer would be on the ground? Dumb question?

We purchased one of these from our local Camping World but they could not answer our question. Of course it would work... you know how that goes. We want to take it back if it won't support the trailer for a few years. Thanks, Terry
I won't tell you whether it would work for you or not. All I can tell you is it works on my 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe... because of the all wood interior it is heavier than most 16' Scamps. Having said that, I will tell you I've never used the BAL leveler to lift one side of trailer high enough to get the tire completely off the ground. I still try to find the most level spot to park first, the BAL just provides final, completely level camping.

Quote:
We want to take it back if it won't support the trailer for a few years.
Whether you purchase from Camping World or another company and you need to take it back because it didn't work for you.... is between you and that company and their return policy.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #29

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
I use them for finishing levelling, and to stop any sway when parked, It seems like they loosen up overnight from walking around in the trailer, and yes, I do put boards under them
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:26 AM   #30

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (Previously 2004 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel)
Quote:
I had to ask the same question. The person I asked said yes, it should work with a trailer weighing 3400 pounds, because it isn't supporting the entire weight of the trailer.

I asked on the Yahoo Scampers group if anyone had used one on a Scamp 5th wheel, but no one responded that they had.
Karen T is offline   Reply With Quote