Bathroom or no bathroom, that is the question.. - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #61

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
^
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #62

Name: Warren
Trailer: scamp 13' shopper
Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Warren dont leave your hose connected at night and dump anti freeze down all your drains at night, the issue is going to be your grey water tank - if your at a site with connections dump it before bed time otherwise dump a whole lot of anti freeze down the drains to get to it.
Thanks Carol. I didn't get the hose off in time (it froze) but I think it will be okay. Did put a bunch of rv anti down the drains. The water worked fine up until the freeze. Once I took the hose off its no longer a steady stream. Lots of air mixed in with the water. I still have to learn the tricks.
Thanks again.
Warren Shumway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #63

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Warren, was the water you where drawing after you disconnected coming from your hot water tank or your fresh water tank? My hot water tank with spit out lots of air if it has not filled all the way or the water is not heated. The water needs to be heated in order for the tank to pressurize correctly. If you have bypass valves on the hot water tank make sure they are in the correct position to fill the tank when you turn on the hose. It may also help if you open up a hot water tap slowly to release the air from the tank while filling it.

The water heater is designed to trap a pocket of air above the water level in the tank and it compresses as the water is heated. If you are having problems with the pressure from the the hot water tank the air pocket might need to be restored as it can change due to movement etc. To fix it turn off the hose or water pump from the fresh water tank & turn on a hot water tap until you have no water pressure. Open up the plug on the tank and let it drain out. Re-fill the water heater tank until the water runs out of the opened hot water faucet. That should help the problem.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #64

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
A bathroom in a 13' Scamp would make it very teeny weeny and you would loose light from the front window.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #65

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
To late Cyndi he bought one and is on the road with it already. :-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #66

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Different strokes for different folks.. Love the one you're with!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #67

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe
Registry
Actually Cyndi B, I find the bathroom in the 13' Scamp to be very useful and remarkably comfortable. This is especially true on a wet, windy evening when the campground's facilities are far away.

Oh yes, and I'm a fairly large old guy.
RonMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #68

Name: PaulOWindsor
Trailer: 2011 Trillium 1500 & 2002 Airstream 34
Ontario
Group : IMHO, our little eggs are designed to be simple & that's why I set up our 2011 Trillium with a port-a-potty.

We only camp occasionally & since we wanted a permanent bed & a front dinette...it works well for us.

Cheers, P.
PaulOWindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #69

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
This whole thread reminds me of an incident that happened 30 years ago - the weekend that Mt St Helens blew up.

Spouse & I were camping in a truck-mounted camper in Northern Alberta, at a municipal/Lions club campground on the shores of Chrystal Lake

On the Saturday night we went to a movie - the original Friday the 13th! (where a whole series of creepy murders happens at Camp Chrystal Lake)

After returning to the campground, I headed up the hill to the showers. Now I was an adult. I was fully aware that it was just a movie. No matter what happened in the movie at Camp Chrystal Lake, it is just pure fiction. I am fully grown up. No hassles.

So as I left the camper, my wife said "if you don't come back, I'm NOT coming to look for you after THAT movie!" (giggle)

So I walked up the hill - past that bush (what was that sound?) (oh that's silly - grow up!). Under that tree, where the wind made the branches squeak. All the way to the campground showers, where, as I reached for the door handle. the door abruptly flew open as another guy was coming out.

He likely is still wondering why he opened a door to the sound of a scream and the site of an empty pair of shoes that someone had just jumped out of!

Sorry - but the "facilities" will be IN my camper - no more hikes at night for this family!

OMG THAT WAS TOO FUNNY!!!
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #70

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
OK so here's what I do. I don't have a bathroom nor do I have a typical "porta potty" I use a luggable Loo.... during the day I use the campground (or walmart) facilities and at night I use the luggable loo if needed. SUPER EASY and it's thrown out (the gel makes everything a solid so you can throw it out in normal trash). I have a NO POOPING rule in my camper. Too small a space and I have no kids. if you gotta poop in the middle of the night you gotta go to the public bathroom. so far so good for the most part this has been my TENT/honda element Rule (I have camped in my element a lot and slept in parking lots at night) but I will start this in my camper too now that I have a cute little egg camper
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #71

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I know this is a bit off topic, but the Friday the 13th post brings up some memories.

One of my former students (Alice MaGuire) was the Prop Mistress for the production. I mentioned this at a Alumni Board Meeting, and at the next meeting one of the older members came up to me & said she saw the name of the movie listed at the local theatre, decided she should support our alumni & bought a ticket. She told me after seeing it that she was glad our alumni were getting work, but she couldn't sleep for a week!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #72

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi B. View Post
A bathroom in a 13' Scamp would make it very teeny weeny and you would loose light from the front window.
Actually I would think the kitchen would be more extraneous, a portable cooler and going out to eat would do just fine, of course there's that bed thing which takes up the most space of all, and who could sleep with all that light pouring in from the front window?
BTW;
Every Scamp 13 has the same sized interior.... Teeny if not "teeny weeny"
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote