Registry
bed size in our 16' 1984 Casita: 46" X 76"

Old 07-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #17

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
Brian... how did you post that table?
While you are creating or editing a post, there is a button with a "#" label. That works like the adjacent quote button to surround the selected text in tags which say "code"... which means leave the formatting alone (including spaces) and use a font in which each character is the same width.

I laid out the table in a crude editor that displays everything in a fixed-width font (the Windows Notepad) so it looked right, pasted the contents into the post editing window, selected the stuff I pasted in, and hit the "code" button.

You either have to put the spaces in yourself to line stuff up, or use an export format from a spreadsheet which adds them for you.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #18

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Just did a double check on the measurments in the 2000 Casita 17SD

Rear bedroom width is a full 54" plus, measured at either side of the centre aisle to the bulkhead or counter. Length varies from 76 1/4 to 77 depending on where the measurment is taken on the front 3/4 of the bed, so I would call it 77". The measurements are affected by the rear corners, but I am quite comfortable sleeping flat on my back against the back wall and I am over 6', unless of course if the dog decides he wants the back corner by my feet!

The side dinette bed is 25 x 73.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BedSizes.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	8847
Old 07-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #19

Name: Michael
Trailer: Amerigo & Trailmanor (popupish)
Indiana
Thanks for the resolved measurement on the Casita!

Eggs have Curves:
I've decided to blatantly ignore the curves in the ends of the beds of most eggs (other than a brief note in the chart). It's bad enough doing the measurements this way without accounting the the sizes of the actual curves involved.
Besides - beds SHOULD be bigger in the middle: Their occupants usually are...

Mike
Old 07-13-2007, 07:57 AM   #20

Trailer: 92 Bigfoot 13.5 ft / 05 Freestar
Bigfoot 13.5(L'il Bigfoot)
Bed is 46 x 77
Bunks are 24 x 77

Bill
Old 11-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #21

Name: Georgana
Trailer: 1996 16 ft Scamp and 1990 16 ft Scamp
Pennsylvania
Moderator's note: Beginning with this post, what follows is a later thread on the same subject, now merged with this topic.

Hello everyone!
I am curious as to bed sizes. My husband and I are interested in purchasing a fiberglass rv in the future (Hopefully near!). He recently looked at a scamp and said that the bed may be too small for us. We're not too large but neither are we trim! This had a full size bed and as I would be on the 'outside', it looked like I might need to curve quite a bit. Are there models out ther with queens?
Thanks for any and all comments, G
Old 11-13-2007, 02:20 PM   #22

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
My mid 80's 13' Scamp the main bed size is 76"x46"
Old 11-13-2007, 05:13 PM   #23

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
there are alot of good fiberglass trailers for you but the only one i've seen is a "Casita Liberty Deluxe" it has a "King Size Bed" and you can sleep longways (front to rear) in it.

click on this link and where it says roof vent in the diagram....that area fills in to become a king size bed ( this may be my next trailer as the spirit deluxe model you sleep left to right and gets a little tight for two)
http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com/liberty.html

Burro also makes a wider trailer which might be of interest to you also.......... i don't know the fax on all the other great fiberglass trailers out there but this should be of some help
http://www.burrotrailers.com/

Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #24
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Quote:
Burro also makes a wider trailer which might be of interest to you also.......... i don't know the fax on all the other great fiberglass trailers out there but this should be of some help

Joe
That would be [b]made, Joe. Even though their website is still active, Burros are not currently being manufactured. See Who still makes MFGRVs?
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:41 PM   #25

Name: Georgana
Trailer: 1996 16 ft Scamp and 1990 16 ft Scamp
Pennsylvania
Quote:
there are alot of good fiberglass trailers for you but the only one i've seen is a "Casita Liberty Deluxe" it has a "King Size Bed" and you can sleep longways (front to rear) in it.

click on this link and where it says roof vent in the diagram....that area fills in to become a king size bed ( this may be my next trailer as the spirit deluxe model you sleep left to right and gets a little tight for two)
http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com/liberty.html

Joe
We were looking at the Casita. I would like to have a bed that could be left made up and still be able to have a dining area. Do you think they would modify to remove the bathroom?
George
Old 11-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #26

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Georgana,

If you can do without a toilet room/shower you could think of having a 16 foot Scamp made for you. You could then ask for the front gaucho (with the back removed this is about 29-30 inches wide at hip area), a back bed and a side dinette. The dinette could always be used and the two beds could be left as beds. The side dinette is not large like the back one, but would do.

My husband and I have the 13. One of us sleeps in the rear and the other in the front. We aren't tall so either of us fits the narrow front bunk area (with the back removed). There are times when I would really like the 16 with the side dinette so we wouldn't have to be putting the table up and down every day.

Nancy
Old 11-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #27

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
We were looking at the Casita. I would like to have a bed that could be left made up and still be able to have a dining area. Do you think they would modify to remove the bathroom?
George
Quote:
You could then ask for the front gaucho (with the back removed this is about 29-30 inches wide at hip area), a back bed and a side dinette. The dinette could always be used and the two beds could be left as beds.
At the Lake Casitas Rally, there were TWO Casita Spirits (someone called them 'Standard', not Deluxe) with the front bunkbed/gaucho instead of the bathroom/closet. One was a 16' and one was a 17'. They both had the ability to sleep up to 5.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:08 PM   #28

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
Quote:
George
george,
I'm not sure what casita does in changing floorplans but as someone else mentioned the standard model has no bath and may hold the answer your looking for ....... but if you woud still like to retain the bath and shower ....Some people with the Liberty put really large single beds on each side and keep a dinette in the center aisle between the two beds.
If i can find the post with the pictures i will post it here
Joe

Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote