Bed sizes - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-13-2007, 08:13 PM   #29

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
Quote:
That would be [b]made, Joe. Even though their website is still active, Burros are not currently being manufactured. See Who still makes MFGRVs?
That's a shame because it looks like a really nice trailer and with no rivets outside it was even more appealing...... hope they come back!
Joe

Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #30

Name: Georgana
Trailer: 1996 16 ft Scamp and 1990 16 ft Scamp
Pennsylvania
Quote:
george,
I'm not sure what casita does in changing floorplans but as someone else mentioned the standard model has no bath and may hold the answer your looking for ....... but if you woud still like to retain the bath and shower ....Some people with the Liberty put really large single beds on each side and keep a dinette in the center aisle between the two beds.
If i can find the post with the pictures i will post it here
Joe
I had seen a burro on ebay or casita classifieds that had the configuration I was interested in. They may have modified it on their own. I wanted to have a queen bed because the end seems to curve. I am 5'8 and that's MY end. ... I just checked my favorites where I'm adding campers I see and like. It was a 17 ft burro in Florida. The bed was actually a king when the rear dinette was knocked down(sometimes a queen isn't even big enough) . This one had the bathroom removed for more floor space. I'm assuming that would also keep the weight down as well.
We'd like to find something under 2000#. We live in Stowe and pulled the palimino(2000#) to Ohiopyle. As we were headed into the town, our brakes were smoking! I guess thats why trailer brakes were made!!! Duh! That was the first and last time we pulled without knowing the lay of the land in advance. We've been from Pennekamp in Key Largo to Acadia in Maine without a problem. We are on our last child at home and in 4 years he'll be gone too. So retirement is beckoning....

Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 PM   #31

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Georgana,

If you can do without a toilet room/shower you could think of having a 16 foot Scamp made for you. You could then ask for the front gaucho (with the back removed this is about 29-30 inches wide at hip area), a back bed and a side dinette. The dinette could always be used and the two beds could be left as beds. The side dinette is not large like the back one, but would do.

My husband and I have the 13. One of us sleeps in the rear and the other in the front. We aren't tall so either of us fits the narrow front bunk area (with the back removed). There are times when I would really like the 16 with the side dinette so we wouldn't have to be putting the table up and down every day.

Nancy
That's the part that always gets me with the pop up. We like to stop a day or so here and there and getting the beds set up every night is a real pain. I almost would rather tent it some days!
G
Old 11-13-2007, 09:54 PM   #32

Pennsylvania
Quote:
At the Lake Casitas Rally, there were TWO Casita Spirits (someone called them 'Standard', not Deluxe) with the front bunkbed/gaucho instead of the bathroom/closet. One was a 16' and one was a 17'. They both had the ability to sleep up to 5.
I just was at the Casita website. The freedom seems to have the right configuration but the bed size is still a double(full). G
Old 11-13-2007, 10:04 PM   #33

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Georgana,

My husband and I have the 13. One of us sleeps in the rear and the other in the front. We aren't tall so either of us fits the narrow front bunk area (with the back removed). There are times when I would really like the 16 with the side dinette so we wouldn't have to be putting the table up and down every day.

Nancy
Beds is one of those things that seem to cause a lot of angst. I had concerns about putting up the table every morning and making the bed every night in our 13'. After two years and some 80+ nights, it doesn't seem like much of a problem, it's become almost automatic. To make it easier on us we use sleeping bags for bedding so we don't have to fuss with sheets and blanket. The sleeping bags are kept in stuff sacks, which allows us to simply stuff the bags into the stuff sacks. The stuffed sacks are stored in the street side bench. Pillows are foam covered with polar fleece and perform as sofa pillows during the day, and then a rest for our heads at night.

We're not small people, but we manage to both sleep on the main bed. We use a trick we learned from camping in our little backpacking tent with two doors. The way the doors were situated it required it worked best if our heads were at opposite end of the tent. The same seems to apply in the Scamp bed.

There you have how we've managed the small bed situation.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #34

Pennsylvania
Quote:
My mid 80's 13' Scamp the main bed size is 76"x46"

Thank You Kevin<G
Old 11-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #35

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Beds is one of those things that seem to cause a lot of angst. I had concerns about putting up the table every morning and making the bed every night in our 13'. After two years and some 80+ nights, it doesn't seem like much of a problem, it's become almost automatic. To make it easier on us we use sleeping bags for bedding so we don't have to fuss with sheets and blanket. The sleeping bags are kept in stuff sacks, which allows us to simply stuff the bags into the stuff sacks. The stuffed sacks are stored in the street side bench. Pillows are foam covered with polar fleece and perform as sofa pillows during the day, and then a rest for our heads at night.

We're not small people, but we manage to both sleep on the main bed. We use a trick we learned from camping in our little backpacking tent with two doors. The way the doors were situated it required it worked best if our heads were at opposite end of the tent. The same seems to apply in the Scamp bed.

There you have how we've managed the small bed situation.
Thats something I hadn't thought of. We sometimes fly out West and pack our camping stuff along.
Last November we did the Grand Canyon, Dead Horse Ranch, and Lost Dutchman. I guess if our legs are in bags we wouldn't kick each other but oooo the smell !
Old 11-13-2007, 11:27 PM   #36

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry

A dose of foot powder each and every day seems to work wonders.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:23 PM   #37

Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16
Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Are the Scamp 13' and 16' trailers the same width? (bed length on all about 74/78?))
I just measured our 1994 Scamp 13' today [attempting to find sheets or a sleeping bag to use as a base padding on the dinette]

Width: 45"
Length: 78"
Old 01-24-2009, 02:54 AM   #38

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Talking

2009 Trillium 1300 (13') - 44" wide by 76" long.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:09 AM   #39

Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper
EggCamper mattress size is 53x75, but if not for the small radius corners it could be 88" long.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:58 AM   #40

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
1971 Astro 8TT (like a campster) 75X72.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:38 AM   #41

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Talking

Quote:
2009 Trillium 1300 (13') - 44" wide by 76" long.

Roger, you silly. That is 46" wide by 76" long.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:47 AM   #42

Trailer: 13 ft Casita
1983 13' Casita.. Rear 45"X75" Front 24"X75"