Bed sizes - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2014, 11:00 AM   #81

Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe
Minnesota
I also have the 13' Deluxe with a 54" bed. Mine is a 1992. When I bought it, as some of you recall, I needed an extra space for my grandson to sleep so we remodeled it. I've even had an adult sleep there. Just about everyone on here said don't do the remodel, make him sleep on the floor. (I would never do that). Well I wanted my camper to fit my needs and not worry about resale. I'm very pleased with the remodel and I think it turned out really nice. As you can see, the extra counter can be put back up if needed, and the potty is in the cabinet next to the air conditioner. When it's just me and the pooch, I leave the cushions at home and use it for my tubs of all my junk.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0139.jpg   IMG_0138.jpg  

My Photos from Ipone 7-27-2012 016.jpg  
God's Country, Minnesota
Mary Ann in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #82

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
We put in a queen in our 13' boler by turning the sleeping arrangement around front-to-back and having a pull-out shelf under the bed that comes out into the hall. That's where your feet go. Pull it out, plop a little mattress on, flip out the bedding and away you go. However, scooting out of the bottom end of the bed right now isn't do-able for us so we just use the bed normally for now.
However, we have a neighbour with an old bus of some sort who put a bed above the table on a hydrolic system!!!! press a button and up it goes, press the button again and down it comes. Simply amazing. There's a thought for somebody to try.
He started with just pullys to pull it up and down but now has it all wired to a remote.
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:21 AM   #83
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
We put in a queen in our 13' boler by turning the sleeping arrangement around front-to-back and having a pull-out shelf under the bed that comes out into the hall. That's where your feet go. Pull it out, plop a little mattress on, flip out the bedding and away you go. However, scooting out of the bottom end of the bed right now isn't do-able for us so we just use the bed normally for now.
If you show me yours (pictures?), I'll show you mine. It's a work in progress. Raz

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ted-66376.html
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #84

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Vivian,
Is your pull out shelf just a piece of wood that you slide out from the mattress, with enough left under the mattress to stabilize the shelf? Sleeping longways in our Eggcamper gives us a nice big bed, with my husband just using the dining seat for his feet, and I use a little fold up table with a cushion for my feet....easy to get in & out of bed without crawling over someone. But we are looking for a way to simplify my side instead of the table. Would love to see a pic of your idea if you can post it.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #85

Name: Denece
Trailer: Compact II
California
Registry
We bought our Compact II based on the bed size! It's a sideways queen. Works ok for us since I very seldom get up in the night. If we could have found one we might have gotten the Compact Jr. Which has a fore and aft King, but very little storage.
Glad we have what we have, there is little enough storage in any of these.
Plus the closet space makes a great porta potty " room" where you get a teensy bit of privacy when you need it.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Denece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:25 AM   #86

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letitia View Post
Vivian,
Is your pull out shelf just a piece of wood that you slide out from the mattress, with enough left under the mattress to stabilize the shelf? Sleeping longways in our Eggcamper gives us a nice big bed, with my husband just using the dining seat for his feet, and I use a little fold up table with a cushion for my feet....easy to get in & out of bed without crawling over someone. But we are looking for a way to simplify my side instead of the table. Would love to see a pic of your idea if you can post it.
Yes our shelf is a piece of wood that slides out on two tracks we installed under the table.
There are two Threads here with pics already and I don't want to hi-jack this thread.
Check out "Trillium Queen Bed Option Revisited" thread and the original thread which was titled "Bed-extensions" Lots of pics on both of our boler bed extension.
If you can't find them with the search button go to the google search option below that and they should both pop up. Actually check out PRaz's note just ahead of yours. He put a link to the Trillium Queen Bed Option Revisited thread. Just click on that.

Good luck
Vivian
Old 10-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #87

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
Check out "Trillium Queen Bed Option Revisited" thread and the original thread which was titled "Bed-extensions" Lots of pics on both of our boler bed extension.
Direct links:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ted-66376.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ons-51320.html
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #88

Registry
Thanks Donna, you always manage to answer the question even before I get to ask. I wasn't sure how to put the links in for Letitia.
Vivian
Old 10-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #89

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Thank you Vivian and Donna!
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #90

Name: Phil
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Bigfoot 19 Dinette/Bed Size?

Does anyone out there know the size of the dinette bed in a 1988 Bigfoot 19 tandem axle trailer?
bikecruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #91

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
I would guess that the dinette is the same as the 17' models. My table is 43" x 32" and drops down to make a bed that is 43" x 80".

Dinette Bed Photo by tomNjo | Photobucket
Old 11-11-2015, 08:10 PM   #92

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Boler Bed Size

If you are still collecting data, our 1971 Boler dinette bed measures 48" wide x 78" long. The length is longest at the very edge of the dinette seats where the closet & kitchette would meet up to them. The width is its widest in the middle of the dinette table to the very edge of the dinette seats, however, our dinette table is rounded and cut short so it is currently 41" wide so I am either going to cut a wood piece to extend it to the full 48" or make it a permanent bed at 48". Our cushions are also not the right size, when put together the length is a couple of inches short, and the width only goes to the edge of the rounded table top, the PO apparently cut them this way out of memory foam and we are looking for a replacement for them. Also note that I am loosing about a 1/2" or so on 3 sides due to our foam insulation that we glued to the shell but the above measurements are without the foam.
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:00 AM   #93

Name: David
Trailer: Roo
Minnesota
I have owned several RVs that I have gutted and rebuilt. I have found that most beds are really hard to squeeze into tight spaces. I bought a Latex Mattress From SleepOnLatex.com. I then squished it into place. My last bed I actually cut a groove out of the foam so I could add a small night stand. The foam bed was by far the most comfortable upgrade I added to my RV.
RV LOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:50 PM   #94

Name: Ray
Trailer: Scamp
Kansas
Relatively new in Scamp 13' is a 54" bed that's available based on information from Scamp Trailers.
Ray R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:56 AM   #95

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray R View Post
Relatively new in Scamp 13' is a 54" bed that's available based on information from Scamp Trailers.
For decades in the Deluxe... both 13 and 16.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:52 AM   #96

Name: Ray
Trailer: Scamp
Kansas
54" beds are now available in the 13' std Scamp as of last year 2015.
Ray R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:24 AM   #97

Name: jojo
Trailer: rockwood popup, shopping for Fiberglass
Ontario
What about Ventura bed size/weight limit?

I am trying to find the bed sizes in a 13' Ventura which has
rear dinette = double
front sofa = bunk beds (and what is the weight supported for the top bunk?)
Also the inside height for a person standing in center of trailer?
I see there is a Ventura group, but I can't figure out how to post the question there to the Ventura owners.

Many thanks,
Jojo
JojoOtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:10 PM   #98

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
This is the list I had assembled from posted information in this forum, a couple of years ago. The "code" formatting is just so the columns will line up (it should, by displaying in a fixed-width font), since the forum software doesn't support tables...
Code:
Make**** Model**variant******year**** Width**** Length**Source********Comments
**************************************inches****inches********
Scamp****all****deluxe****************54************
Trillium 1300************************ 48****************Nancy D****
Trillium 4500************************ 54****************Nancy D****
Casita** 16'****Sprirt****** 1989**** 48****************Suz****
Casita** 17'****non-Liberty********** 54****************Suz****
Scamp****16'****standard**** 1995**** 44 or 45**74******Pat G****
Scamp****all****standard**** current**45****************Scamp via Paul E Henning****
Scamp****all****deluxe****** current**54****************Scamp via Paul E Henning****
Burro****17'****wide******** 2000**** 53********84******Per Walthinsen ****
Casita** 17'****SD********** 2000**** 53********73******Dick Rothfuss****
Boler****1300****************1978**** 48********78******Rick F. D.****width at max? incl filler
Trillium 4500************************ 52********77******Rick F. D.****
Burro****17'****wide******************56********87******Rick F. D.
Thanks Mike; I look forward to the compiled result.
ould help to know if the bed is east to west or north to south?
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:44 PM   #99

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
ParkLiners have a 60"x80" queen size bed, oriented east to west.
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:52 PM   #100

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Scamp 19 Loft Dimensions

I may have missed it, but I don't think the dimensions of the Scamp loft bed have been reported here before. It came up in another thread, so I thought I'd repost here. I believe the standard and deluxe are the same. This is a transverse bed; the long dimension is side-to-side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al & Cindy K View Post
...I just went out and measured the loft dimensions in our 01 Scamp 19 front bath deluxe.

Left inside wall to right inside wall (at the top of the stairs)........73"
Center width (from bath bulkhead at top of stairs) to front inside wall......... 57"
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote