We are embarking on a complete refurb of this Compact Jr that has been in our family for decades, but has spent the last 20 or so years just sitting around. It's dull, chalky, and very dirty. It is all original down to the decals and hasn't been painted, but there's a lot of caulk smeared sloppily around the windows
. We want it to stay the original mint green color.
Can you please tell me if I'm on the right track here...
After reading the forums here, my best idea about how to pretty up the outside of it is:
1) Power-wash the outside, adding some dawn the first time around, and do a second wash with TSP. (Or do I mix the dawn and TSP together at once?) A test area literally spitting on it and rubbing suggests that a lot of the grime should come right off.
2) Peel off the excess caulk once the very wet part of the cleaning is done.
3) Scrub the outside including aluminum trim with Barkeeper's Friend powder and some scotchbrite pads
4) Re-do the caulk with a thin neat line of silicone
5) Coat the outside of the camper including the aluminum trims with several thin layers of Zep Wet Look Floor Polish.
Is that what YOU would do? If not, what would you do? Thanks for your advice and help!