Better Trailer Cover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2019, 03:14 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: Armadillo
British Columbia
Better Trailer Cover

Looking for a supplier for a new cover for my Armadillo when we got the trailer in February I purchased the Classic Accessories PolyPro 3 Molded Fiberglass Camping Trailer Cover, 10-13' Long. Fits great, covers the propane bottle storage area in the front and has room for the spare tire in the rear. Door is close enough to being the right place. The problem is the material used for the roof is turning to dust I have had the cover for less than 6 months and I have no confidence it will make it through the winter. This cover was $182 on Amazon and I am more than willing to pay more for a cover as long as it's going to last more than 6 months.
Badmotorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:03 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Just posted this on another thread a couple of days ago:

We live in southeastern Michigan. We purchased a Boler 17 almost three years ago and immediately purchased a cover for it as we knew it had leaks. We've been systematically fixing the leaks along with other issues, and soon will start camping (and evaluating).

Anyway we bought the Boler 1700 version of the elitemotoronline ShieldAll™ Travel Trailer Camper Cover W/Zipper Door Access on ebay. They also sell a version that fits the Trillium 13 under this name: ShieldAll™ Trillium RV 1300 Travel Trailer Camper Cover W/Zipper Door Access.

We have used this cover almost three years, 365 days per year. It has survived 3 winters, and we are going to push it one more. At this point it has a number of rips, and we've been repairing with clear gorilla tape after cleaning the area with alcohol, applying the tape using a flat, firm backup surface, then burnishing the patch with a plastic putty knife. We have caused most of the rips while putting it on and taking it off. I would say that it works fairly well, i.e., the zippers still work, the door access curtain is effective, the three adjustable undercarriage straps work well. Also the upper portion and top of the cover has a soft lining thus protecting the exterior finish of the camper. Also, the cover is designed to fit fairly well with elastic along the bottom edge front and rear, together with the adjustable undercarriage straps.

I would say that considering the relatively low price, the cover has performed well. However, if you spend two, three or four times as much, you well get a much sturdier cover that will last much longer...
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:05 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
The Boler 13 version of this cover is listed on US ebay under the following description: ShieldAll™ Boler 13 Travel Trailer Camper Storage Cover w/ Zipper Door Access
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot 17G
Oregon
I have always heard that these are the best -

https://calmarkcovers.com/

Just over $600 for a 17' Bigfoot trailer.
bobblangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:02 PM   #5

Name: Nala
Trailer: Casita
South Carolina
Calmark cover

Calmark will be the best of the best.
Indeed expensive but bar none will outlast all others. I have owned one in 2005 and I sold my casita after 4 years and it was faded but still totally functional. Just ordered another for my 2019 casita after a long debate with cost.
Yobeevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:00 AM   #6

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
As far as covers go...imho, it depends largely on where you live. Here in central Fla. -nothing survives more than a year..no matter how much is spent on it. We've gone through four in as many years. Just decided that we'll simply order a new one...a hundred bucks & change every year and not worry about it. Done!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:35 PM   #7

Name: MJ
Trailer: Park Liner
GA
DonnaMarie which brand are you buying each year?
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:34 AM   #8

Name: Nala
Trailer: Casita
South Carolina
Calmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmotorfinger View Post
Looking for a supplier for a new cover for my Armadillo when we got the trailer in February I purchased the Classic Accessories PolyPro 3 Molded Fiberglass Camping Trailer Cover, 10-13' Long. Fits great, covers the propane bottle storage area in the front and has room for the spare tire in the rear. Door is close enough to being the right place. The problem is the material used for the roof is turning to dust I have had the cover for less than 6 months and I have no confidence it will make it through the winter. This cover was $182 on Amazon and I am more than willing to pay more for a cover as long as it's going to last more than 6 months.
Mark,

I am sure you have found a suitable cover for your unit by now but I wanted to post the new cover I received from Calmark. In no way means am I advertising for the manufacturer or have ant communication with them. I am posting this to let other see what the product looks like and to express my pleasure with its superior construction. Please note that a Calmark covers are at the top of the game. Very thoughtful rope tie down base, Grommets if one chooses additional bungees, heavy duty zipper construction, and a custom fit. Once again not for one on a tight budget but IMO will suffice should one have to store their unit outdoors in any weather.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0683.jpg   IMG_0684.jpg  

Yobeevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:45 PM   #9

Name: Mark
Trailer: Armadillo
British Columbia
That looks like a great cover, the manufacturer replaced the one I had so I have been able to put off the hunt for a bit.
Badmotorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:22 PM   #10

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Calmark looks like a nice cover. I have to store my Bigfoot outside. We don't get a whole lot of rain here in the SF Bay area, and never snow. But, would a cover like this keep the damages due to sitting in the sun to a minimum?
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote