Boler Update Questions - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2010, 04:37 AM   #21

Trailer: Boler 1980 13 ft
I ended up selecting some material myself and redoing them. It actually wasn't that difficult and easier than i thought it would be { I'm not much of a sewer} . The biggest thing was to get the right needles for the thickness if they vinyl that we were also stiching thru and ended up breaking a few needles.

There is a template on the bolerama site i believe for all the cushions.
Quote:
Hi All,

I've been using this great forum to get ideas for my newly purchased 75 boler.

I'd like to get new cushions, and I heard (or read) that I can get a new set from scamptrailers.com parts section and it fits pretty much bang on.

can anyone confirm this?

Also, I would like to get a new fresh water tank. will the scamp one work? or any other ideas?

Thanks !!!
Ria. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #22

Trailer: 1979 17 ft Boler
I may be a little late here but have you considered calling a local upholstery shop to find out what they would charge for custom cushions? They should have several sample books of fabrics to choose from along with many different grades of foam from very soft to very firm and everything in-between.

As for the fresh water holding tank try your local RV dealer. Just tell them what you're looking for and they should be able to find an exact match. I just replaced the one in our 79' and it was the exact same size and style. If your local RV dealer plays ignorant you can contact Skyline RV here in Lethbridge to see where they order from.
Robert K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:27 AM   #23

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
brian_bp posted this information over on Bolerama:

Quote:
The company may have been Polyrama Plastics. In discussions in other forums the only problem I have heard with shipping is that it is expensive to go long distance and particularly cross-border.

The ERT 8.25 (in the Enclosed Rectangular Tanks selection) may be the under-floor tank - it is only 4" deep, and has a capacity of 8.25 imperial gallons (or 10 US gallons, 37.5 litres). I'm only taking an educated guess here - I have a larger Boler with different tanks.
Since Polyrama Plastics is a Canadian company, the shipping may not be as big a concern.

Hope this helps.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks everyone.

another Q, has anyone besides Paul from ontario managed to fabricate their own front and rear cupboards?
I'd love to just order them, but the shipping gets too expensive.

Quote:
brian_bp posted this information over on Bolerama:

Since Polyrama Plastics is a Canadian company, the shipping may not be as big a concern.

Hope this helps.
James B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:48 AM   #25

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quite a few people have, and there have been extensive thread(s) on it, with photos, tips, templates, and etc. I think they were referred to as "upper" or "end" in the other threads, vs. front and back (to aid you in searching).

And yeah, the shipping sure adds up because they have to go truck freight.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler