Boler Update Questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi All,

I've been using this great forum to get ideas for my newly purchased 75 boler.

I'd like to get new cushions, and I heard (or read) that I can get a new set from scamptrailers.com parts section and it fits pretty much bang on.

can anyone confirm this?

Also, I would like to get a new fresh water tank. will the scamp one work? or any other ideas?

Thanks !!!
James B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi James, curtains are pretty dang easy to make and the nice thing is you get to decide the fabric... including color! One great way to make your trailer uniquely your own. Shipping from Scamp on the curtains would make them expensive. You may find a seamstress closer to you, that would be able to make exactly what you want.

I see you're in BC. Although Scamp has a lot of the things you need/can use, shipping is expensive to Canada. Here's a link, as found in our Helpful-Links that you may find useful:
Water Tanks - Fresh & Grey Water
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Donna,
You are reading to fast again LOL he said cushions.

Bill K
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Dang!

Okay James, yes the cushions from Scamp fit well (from what Alf has said when he bought them for his Boler), but you'll want to buy the foam (if you need it) locally... THAT is expensive to ship.

Better Bill?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hi James,

Do you have a 13' Boler? If so then I agree that the Scamp cushions will probably fit pretty well. As Donna mentioned though, they are expensive to ship if you get them with the foam (because it then has to go truck freight). On the other hand, if you buy your own foam, you can choose the firmness and density. You might choose a "better" foam for sleeping vs. just casual sitting.

The Scamp fabric is only available in limited patterns, but if you like one of them then you're set.

On the water tank: Does (or did) your Boler have the water tank suspended underneath the trailer under the dinette area? That's how my 1974 (and other years I've seen) came. The Scamp tank, on the other hand, is more of a square shape and I believe you are meant to install in inside the trailer in one of the dinette bench compartments.

The company that made the original "underneath" water tanks for the 13-footers is still in business and does sell that tank. They are www.polyramaplastics.com and are located in Alberta - so shipping to you should not be bad at all (it was too expensive for me, but I am in the southeastern US). They will know of the tank if you call and explain; they were very responsive by e-mail too.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Sorry Donna, The devil made me do it.
Yes better.

Bill K

Quote:
Dang!

Okay James, yes the cushions from Scamp fit well (from what Alf has said when he bought them for his Boler), but you'll want to buy the foam (if you need it) locally... THAT is expensive to ship.

Better Bill?
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #7

Thanks Guys,

I contacted scamp and they have 3 colors, blue (on their website) brown
and green
Click image for larger version

Name:	Green2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	26512

My plan was to get the foam done locally at the foam shop.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:11 PM   #8

That looks pretty nice. Seems like they used to only have a (slightly dated looking) plaid, if I remember correctly.

Edited to add: I see they still show only the same plaid, but they mention choices of green, blue, and brown (and oddly, no plaid).

Name:   plaid.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  4.7 KB

Where did you find the photos of the new fabrics? Are they on the site somewhere and I missed them -- or did you get samples and then photograph them?

I'll be interested to hear how they fit the Boler. My cushions are in great shape but they are the original 70s plaid. (Why is there an inverse law where the weirder the fabric is, the longer it lasts? OTOH, it does have a certain vintage charm )

Raya
Old 02-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #9

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: James B... Yes the Scamp covers fit well. I had to re pad the upper front bunk/ sofa back as Scamp covers are all 4" fits. The banana cushion foam was a bit long so an electric carving knife did a trim. If at all possible clean and re use the old foam as the new stuff doesn't have the petroleum content and will not last. We were quite happy after stuffing the new covers. They seemed to make the old foams more firm. Here's a pic or two of the results.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. I am going to order a green set for my latest project when I get a clear title/ownership!!!
Attached Thumbnails
scampcovers_in_Boler.jpg   rockshieldartbyAlf.jpg  

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #10

Registry
Hi: Raya L... I emailed Scamp Parts and they sent a reply with my two colour choices. Green and brown. They're non plaid now... but you're right the plaid has a vintage look about it .
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #11

Registry
Hi: All... Here's a pic my son took of the original Boler interior... even the curtains. 1977 orange!!!
Attached Thumbnails
origonal_Boler_interior.jpg  
Old 02-27-2010, 09:27 PM   #12

They emailed me those pic's today.

I think i like the brown
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brown2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	26519
. but the green's not bad either.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #13

those look great Alf!!
your roof looks good too. what did you use to paint it with.

Quote:
Hi: James B... Yes the Scamp covers fit well. I had to re pad the upper front bunk/ sofa back as Scamp covers are all 4" fits. The banana cushion foam was a bit long so an electric carving knife did a trim. If at all possible clean and re use the old foam as the new stuff doesn't have the petroleum content and will not last. We were quite happy after stuffing the new covers. They seemed to make the old foams more firm. Here's a pic or two of the results.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. I am going to order a green set for my latest project when I get a clear title/ownership!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #14

James,

Could you post the blue fabric photo from Scamp too? Just for the record? Thanks!

Raya

PS: I wonder if Alf's Ensolite is just the unpainted "natural" color. I think the light yellow interiors make the Ensolite look whiter. Guess we'll find out.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:27 PM   #15

Registry
Hi: All... The only painting I did inside was the range hood...rusty metal to hammertone brown and the inside of the rock shield plain white to a sunset scene with acrylic art paints. The ensolite was scrubbed with straight Fantastic spray and a scrub brush followed by a rince with plain hot water. 29 years of grime/tobacco/cooking grease gone. WHEW!!! No wonder it only took 20 min. to sell "Tours Light" the "Silver Billet"
Attached Thumbnails
77_Boler__Emily.jpg  
Old 02-28-2010, 07:17 AM   #16

Registry
Hi: All... For our water tank I dropped it out from under the dinnette floor. Filled it with a bleach/water solution and let it stand in the sun all day. I replaced all the hoses with new rv. hose and the mounting hdwe. with S/S bolts and nyloc nuts. A new set of bar sink taps, hot side to the tank via(12v.pump), cold side to the waterhose fitting on the trailer. I had to drill out the vent line blank at the water fill cup as it was never done and you can't get water to go in the tank if the air can't get out!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #17

I think i'm going to order the cushion covers today. they are $290 + $40 USD shipped to vancouver bc.
I was going to order the matching curtains, but $70 seems like a lot when my mother in law can make some custom ones.
i'll post pics and before/afters' when i'm done

Quote:
Hi: All... For our water tank I dropped it out from under the dinnette floor. Filled it with a bleach/water solution and let it stand in the sun all day. I replaced all the hoses with new rv. hose and the mounting hdwe. with S/S bolts and nyloc nuts. A new set of bar sink taps, hot side to the tank via(12v.pump), cold side to the waterhose fitting on the trailer. I had to drill out the vent line blank at the water fill cup as it was never done and you can't get water to go in the tank if the air can't get out!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #18
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry

Alf! Wow! That's one clean looking "75!
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:57 AM   #19

Registry
Hi: Robert Johans...Thankyou...It was a pleasure working on our former Boler. Here's a few more pic's of "Tours Light the Silver Billet"
Attached Thumbnails
on_tap___.jpg   riseandshine.jpg  

MaxxFan_Finished.jpg  
Old 03-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #20

Registry
Hi: James B... Here's two pic's of the new/old Scamp upholstery ( Only plaid avail in '07) as we were installing it.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. Pug approved!!!
Attached Thumbnails
New_Scamp_covers.jpg   doggy_aproved.jpg  

Tags
boler