bounce... could it be bad tug shocks? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #15
Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Depending where you are driving on Manitoba roads, that may be a major part of your `74 has the original axle and and have about 3" free space between the wheels and wheel housings..... I run about 15% tongue weight or more and on decent highways the trailer rides like silk,(sometimes forget it`s even there), and I run on auto tires on about 36-38 Lbs pressure with no problems....and this is on a leading axle......if I`m on a concrete section that has the repetative pavement breaks, it`s just terrible once it sets up the bounce rythum.....stuff on the trailer floor will shift somewhat toward the front of the trailer under most conditions just as truck loads tend to shift forward on transfer truck floors .....because of the braking forces I suppose! ...Benny

Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #16
Name: Scott
Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
thanks Benny, that's exactly what I'm finding... the bounce rythm on concrete poured in sections (ie: our lovely Perimeter hwy). I did get the shocks checked on the Montana though and they are on their last legs and will be replaced before spring.

I'll be doing some bounce tests this weekend (I qualify weight wise I'm sorry to say). the axle seems to have nice flex/travel but I'll know soon enough using the suggested tests (thanx). whatever my baby needs though... I'll fix her up with the best I can get.

thanx for all the input folks, this is an amazing community.

Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote