Burro ceiling - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #15

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
I'm using red and considered a red headliner also, but decided to go neutral so that I could change colors in the trailer without changing the headliner.
I glued up bubble insulation and spray-glued a grasscloth rollup blind on it. (it took 2 blinds). Easy to cut to fit with scissors. Then I finished the edges with trim that I hot glued into place.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG00650-20110702-1444 (Small).jpg  

Old 07-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #16

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
I'm using red and considered a red headliner also, but decided to go neutral so that I could change colors in the trailer without changing the headliner.
I glued up bubble insulation and spray-glued a grasscloth rollup blind on it. (it took 2 blinds). Easy to cut to fit with scissors. Then I finished the edges with trim that I hot glued into place.
That looks really sweet! Somebody else was doing bamboo shades the same way. I guess a tropical theme would suggest using our little Burros for the ultimate getaway. Now where did I put my inflatable parrot!

Froggie

Old 07-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #17

Name: Dave
Trailer: UHAUL
Tennessee
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia LW View Post
I think you are going in the right direction keeping the color neutral. I think if you were to put a contrast color (dark) it would feel like the ceiling was closing in on you. Keeping it a color similar to the white will lift up the ceiling. I will be interested in what you decide on.

I am thinking I will use marine colors because those are pleasing and relaxing to me. It all depends on how expensive the canvas is.

Pat
We picked up some indoor/outdoor low rise pile carpet from Lowes for cheap, how thick on a headliner is too thick? Ours measures...1/4 inch thick.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #18

Name: Dave
Trailer: UHAUL
Tennessee
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Our headliner channel isn't perfectly square from one end of the trailer to the other (front to back) it actually starts out at 22" goes up to 24 inches for the majority of the width to the back and tapers to 23" just above the rear window on our '85 UHaul CT. Would that be a problem with using this type of headliner?
Old 08-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #19

Name: Dana
Trailer: in the market
Texas
We are working on the roof issue- need adhesive help!

We also stripped the carpet off of the 83 Burro we bought as soon as we had it home. It was stuck on with liquid nails, which softened nicely in the heat, and made the job easy. We want to add a layer of the reflectix insulation and then something similar to the bamboo treatment we have seen on previous posts. We need help with the adhesive, though. Does anyone have a suggestion for an adhesive that works well in extreme heat? It is over 100 degrees here, and that is usual in the summer time. I am tempted to use the liquid nails again, but does anyone know of something that worked better? We have the wide gap area to cover.

Tags
burro