Buying a New Trillium - Looking for user input - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Minnesota
Buying a New Trillium - Looking for user input

Hello,

I am currently looking at buying a new Trillium and am looking for input from anyone who has purchased one in the last couple years. Wondering about quality, maintenance issues, services, etc. I won't be able to see it prior to purchase and have some reservations. Can anyone help?
John Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
What size and floorplan are you looking at? I have an Escape, but from the outside they are kind if hard to tell apart! I'm sure you'll get some useful feedback. I would say it might be worth looking at comparable Escape models just so you have the full picture.

Regards,

Matt
Old 02-02-2011, 11:44 PM   #3

Minnesota
Trillium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
What size and floorplan are you looking at? I have an Escape, but from the outside they are kind if hard to tell apart! I'm sure you'll get some useful feedback. I would say it might be worth looking at comparable Escape models just so you have the full picture.

Regards,

Matt
I am looking at a 15 foot model with no bathroom. I have researched both models and there are many similarities. However given my location the Trillium from the warm state of Califorina? is perhaps my best option. Also the Escape is a few grand and lbs. more than the Trillium. I am open to all options and recommendations. Thank You very much. John
Old 02-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #4

Name: PaulOWindsor
Trailer: 2011 Trillium 1500 & 2002 Airstream 34
Ontario
John : I've just today confirmed an order for a new Cali-Trillium 1500...& like you, ours will be the front dinette version.

Since we're both in the midst of getting trailers...I thought I'd say hello !!

Cheers, P.
PaulOWindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #5

Minnesota
Paul, what options did you opt for such as, air, fan, fridge, heater, awning etc? Thank you John
Old 02-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #6

Name: PaulOWindsor
Trailer: 2011 Trillium 1500 & 2002 Airstream 34
Ontario
John : Well OK...I'm at home right now, but I'll do my best to remember them all...

1) Crank out awning
2) Bigger fridge
3) Microwave
4) Upgraded sink/range combo
5) Porta-potty & cabinet (under the forward/starboard seat)
6) water heater
7) Alum wheels
8) Front window & shield
9) Max-Air fan
10) Maple doors
11) Blue stripes (rather than green)

I think that's about it...as best I can remember.

Perhaps we may be able to bring it to Bolerama 2011...we'll see how things go !!

Cheers, P.
PaulOWindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #7

Minnesota
Thanks so much everyone for the feedback. It has been very helpful. One last question - what is everyone's take on air conditioning? We normally tent and backpack, but thought it might be nice to have the extra comfort of home. Only concern is that we are VERY tall and worried about headroom while cooking, etc! Look forward to hearing your take. We will likely post a separate thread regarding air just to catch some other users.

Hopefully soon we will be posting about our new trailer!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Cool We have a window unit in our old Fiber Stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hall View Post
One last question - what is everyone's take on air conditioning? We normally tent and backpack, but thought it might be nice to have the extra comfort of home.
We use our air conditioner in the trailer about 15-20% of our traveling time. When we need it we NEED it, and are glad it's there. It goes for long periods unused, though. We do a lot of Boon-docking and don't have a generator, and haven't missed it during those times.

We use the one in the bedroom at home (They're both the same model window unit) only two weeks out of the year, during the hot Santa Ana winds in October.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0440.jpg  
Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #9

Minnesota
Thank you for your input Frederick, greatly appreciated. John
Old 02-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #10

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Some discussion on here:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ate-44343.html

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hey John I'm sure the air would be nice it wasn't offered as an option on the outback we did opt for a reversable fantastic fan with thermostat which has done a great job thus far , the rooftop property we chose to cover with a 125 watt solar system and in my opinion absolutely rocks , hope that helps if you have any questions just pm me , cheers mike
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Name: Outback
Trailer: Outback trillium trailer
Alberta
John, best of luck with your journey. Please feel free to check out our website www.trilliumtrailers.net we are in Canada and I think you will enjoy customizing your trailer need's on our site.
Cheers.
Joe and Candy Thoen

Quote:
Hello,

I am currently looking at buying a new Trillium and am looking for input from anyone who has purchased one in the last couple years. Wondering about quality, maintenance issues, services, etc. I won't be able to see it prior to purchase and have some reservations. Can anyone help?
Joe at Outback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #13
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
John, best of luck with your journey. Please feel free to check out our website www.trilliumtrailers.net we are in Canada and I think you will enjoy customizing your trailer need's on our site.
Cheers.
Joe and Candy Thoen
Typo. Should be .com

Compact lightweight fiberglass Outback travel trailers Calgary | Trillium Trailers
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
Quote:
Hello,

John:

Have you seen this listing of a Trillium for sale?

2004, 13' Trillium Outback

Brian
Old 02-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #15

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I am looking at a 15 foot model with no bathroom. I have researched both models and there are many similarities. However given my location the Trillium from the warm state of Califorina? is perhaps my best option. Also the Escape is a few grand and lbs. more than the Trillium. I am open to all options and recommendations. Thank You very much. John
Reace has a very nice looking 2004 Trillium Outback he's taken in trade. The factory is moving and he's reduced the price to $9,900. It's a 13 footer tho. But if you're interested see the info at the bottom left of the Escape website: Escape Trailer Industries > Home, or more info and pictures here: 2004, 13' Trillium Outback
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #16

Minnesota
Thanks for the scoop, Donna. We are pretty set on the 15 ft though, but appreciate the heads up. Sounds like a great deal.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #17

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
John,
You say "...we're VERY tall..." I see in the Trillium brochure that the center headroom is 6' 3" but note that the exterior width is only 6' 6". I wonder how long the bed is if the EXTERIOR is only that wide? I'm 6' 4" and bought an EggCamper precisely because it has 6' 7" of headroom and the sleeping area is nearly 54" wide by over seven feet long, (we store things in the extra room at the foot of the bed). Unfortunately, the EggCamper only comes in 17' length and with a bathroom, so it might not be what you want.
Good Luck in your pursuit.
Ray N.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #18

Minnesota
Trillium/Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
John,
You say "...we're VERY tall..." I see in the Trillium brochure that the center headroom is 6' 3" but note that the exterior width is only 6' 6". I wonder how long the bed is if the EXTERIOR is only that wide? I'm 6' 4" and bought an EggCamper precisely because it has 6' 7" of headroom and the sleeping area is nearly 54" wide by over seven feet long, (we store things in the extra room at the foot of the bed). Unfortunately, the EggCamper only comes in 17' length and with a bathroom, so it might not be what you want.
Good Luck in your pursuit.
Ray N.
Thanks Ray for your input. Yup, the 17 foot (egg) with the head is not an option. I am 6'3" and half, give or take. Looks like we are going ahead with the Trillium, we are told the bed is 77x74. The interior height for the 15 foot Trillium is a less than the 13 foot. My main concern is that my wife who is 5'10" and a half will be able to stand erect.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:56 PM   #19

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Too bad you couldn't be at the Quartzsite gathering. Tom Brought a new Trillium 1500. It is a beauty! The interior fit and finish is great and the exterior is also. It was a double table with a fridge but no heat nor porta-potti opening, although I understand they could add that. All the compartments were lined, even the shelving around the ceiling. I understand that is a side benefit of working with Mattman.
I was so excited, I forgot to take pictures.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #20

Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
Too bad you couldn't be at the Quartzsite gathering. Tom Brought a new Trillium 1500. It is a beauty! The interior fit and finish is great and the exterior is also. It was a double table with a fridge but no heat nor porta-potti opening, although I understand they could add that. All the compartments were lined, even the shelving around the ceiling. I understand that is a side benefit of working with Mattman.
I was so excited, I forgot to take pictures.

Go back and take some;-) I wish I could have been there. Shelving around the ceiling lined? I did not know they did that. Your Input Is reassuring and timely. I plan on signing the final paperwork for a 1500 today.

Tags
trillium