Buying a trailer out of province - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #1

Trailer: K Line (Trails West Camper clone)
Hello Everyone,

I am considering purchasing a FGRV in another province. I am from Ontario and the trailer is in Winnipeg. I was wondering what things should I consider when registering the trailer in Ontario and what do I need aside from the bill of sale and ownership. Do I need to certify the trailer? I am new to whole trailer life and hoping that this will start something new.

Also what what kind of insurance should I be looking for? Do I put it under regular home/car insurance or is there a RV insurance that has good rates in Ontario?

Thank you,

Charles
Charles Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:32 AM   #2

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
bill of sale and ownership is all that you need in Ontario the last tme I checked.
You may need an appraisal done for insurance purposes. I put mine as an add-on on my auto policy.
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #3

Trailer: 1978 Boler 1700
Charles, I did the same with Joe on my trailer insurance. No problems. Make sure you check the tires for cracks and proper air pressure before you tow it back from Winnipeg. What kind of trailer is it?
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #4

Trailer: K Line (Trails West Camper clone)
Quote:
Charles, I did the same with Joe on my trailer insurance. No problems. Make sure you check the tires for cracks and proper air pressure before you tow it back from Winnipeg. What kind of trailer is it?

Hello Don and Joe,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will check with my insurance company on the add-on cost. As for the trailer I am looking at is the K-line (aka Trail West type). I am currently going over things on the forum about what to bring with me for the trip and what to make sure the trailer has before it makes the long trek back to Steeltown.

Charles
Charles Santos is offline   Reply With Quote