Can't find picture of awning - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2013, 03:10 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Can't find picture of awning

Within the last few months, there was a photo of an awning on someone's scamp. It was very unique with the fabric on the side of the rv, but a cut out for the door. I believe the owner may have made screen sides for his awning. I'm pretty sure it was a neutral color, but it also had bright yellow on it. I thought I saved the link, but guess I messed up. Thanks for any leads!
Pam M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
HI, Pam, welcome to the group. Was it an awning, or possibly a free standing screen room that was 'snugged up' against the side of the camper?

Please feel free to share photos of your camper also, we LOVE pictures!!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #3

Thanks for the response, Pam. The way I remember it, the awning looked to be custom made for a Scamp because of the fabric's perfectly shaped opening for the Scamp door. I think the Scamp was a 13' model.
I'm still working on setting up my Scamp. I purchased a memory foam topper for the bed, which I'll have to cut down to fit. I'm finding the odd-sized bed is a challenge to cover. I have so much to learn!
Old 06-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
My girlfriend has a scamp that she just loves. She's also made the back into a permanent bed, and even has it set up with a small flatscreen/dvd tv mounted to the side of her closet. Keep looking, that awning will show up somewhere
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #5

Oooh - I like the TV idea! And, I expect I'll find that awning post someday. That would be a future project. From what I've seen, a lot of after-market awnings would be a lot of work to put up, especially by myself. First things first though - like getting the bed set up to look nice and homey and to be comfortable. Happy camping!

Tags
awning