Casita ID - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-21-2010, 06:51 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Kip in Ga.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Posts: 459
Casita ID

Still looking for an Egg to purchase.

E-bay has an '03 Casita Liberty Deluxe that is advertised as a 17'er.
The AC in in the front wall.

I'm under the impression that all 17'ers had the AC on top, and 16'ers had the AC in the front wall.

What is the real deal here.
Thanks,
Kip
__________________

__________________
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Name: Renee
Trailer: Current Starcraft
North Carolina
Posts: 5
I saw that one too. Looks like a self-install job to me-rough around the edges. The nice ones sure seem to go fast.

Renee
__________________

__________________
nchpycampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
Administrator
 
Mary F's Avatar
 
Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Posts: 9,711
Registry
Our 17 has the AC in the wall. We could've gotten it on top, but wanted the vent-with-fantastic-fan over the bed instead. (Ours is a '99; at that time they weren't even offering the additional vent over the galley AND -get this- our salesman actually advised against the rooftop AC because "it spoils the look of the trailer.")

In other words, AC in the wall or on top is up to the original owner. I think now more folks opt for the roof mount, but if height were a concern (or "the look of the trailer" ), the wall mount was (is?) still available.

By the way, I have NO regrets about our AC-in-the-wall!
__________________
Mary F Fiberglass Rules!
________________________________
FGRV Forum Custom Search
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Name: Terry
Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Colorado
Posts: 392
In the older 17' units, the front wall AC was the only option. I have a 1996 and that's where it is. Then I believe you could have it either place. Now I have heard that roof-mount is the only option. The front mount AC works fine but you lose a bit of closet space. (Although you do have an lower overall height.)
__________________
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:46 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Kip in Ga.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Posts: 459
Still learning.
Thank you, it is much appreciated.

That '03 sold for $10,500. Absolutely incredible how these things hold their value. It would be interesting to know what it sold for back in '03.

Almost makes it worthwhile to just buy "NEW" and not have to worry about replacing things that don't work any more.




Kip
__________________
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:11 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Kip in Ga.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
Our 17 has the AC in the wall. We could've gotten it on top, but wanted the vent-with-fantastic-fan over the bed instead. (Ours is a '99; at that time they weren't even offering the additional vent over the galley AND -get this- our salesman actually advised against the rooftop AC because "it spoils the look of the trailer.")

In other words, AC in the wall or on top is up to the original owner. I think now more folks opt for the roof mount, but if height were a concern (or "the look of the trailer" ), the wall mount was (is?) still available.

By the way, I have NO regrets about our AC-in-the-wall!
We have thought about the wall vs the roof for AC location.
Still haven't come to a hard conclusion.

Therefore, it is time for a new thread.

Please reply to the new thread, "ASK THE EXPERTS"

Thanks,
Kip
__________________
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
Administrator
 
Mary F's Avatar
 
Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Posts: 9,711
Registry
Kip, I think they went for about $15k new in 2003. Give or take a few hundred US bucks. The bottom line also of course depends on which options you include.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post
Still learning.
Thank you, it is much appreciated.

That '03 sold for $10,500. Absolutely incredible how these things hold their value. It would be interesting to know what it sold for back in '03.

Almost makes it worthwhile to just buy "NEW" and not have to worry about replacing things that don't work any more.




Kip
__________________
Mary F Fiberglass Rules!
________________________________
FGRV Forum Custom Search
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
melissab's Avatar
 
Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Posts: 1,372
Which makes trying to purchase one used and get financing extremely frustrating. Basically, you have to have cash or else buy new so the bank will finance. I wish NADA would catch up to the actual used value of the little eggs making them accessible to more of us. I dont want to buy new but may end up doing so just for the financing option. Otherwise my kids would be grown before I had the cash.

Melissa


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
Kip, I think they went for about $15k new in 2003. Give or take a few hundred US bucks. The bottom line also of course depends on which options you include.
__________________
Melissa in Florida
2016 Honda Odyssey
melissab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
IF you have a good customer relationship with someone at your bank, it may be possible to get a personal loan for the amount rather than a loan for an asset. I've belonged to a credit union for years and when I was looking to buy used the credit union was willing to work with me.

YMMV
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:04 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Kip in Ga.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Posts: 459
Second home?

Are Travel Treailers still considered 2nd homes for the "interest Paid" tax deduction?

Kip
__________________

__________________
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
casita


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Longer - Trade 17' Casita for 13' or 16' Casita, Scamp, pennyg Classified Archives 11 03-04-2007 09:38 PM
Inside Casita by Casita (Pic) General Chat 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.