Check this out NOT Poliglow...Time will tell.. - Page 15 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #197

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Michigan
are you guys using liquid or the powder Bar Keepers Friend?

Old 06-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #198

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb
are you guys using liquid or the powder Bar Keepers Friend?
The powder.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #199

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I wonder if this coating will protect the trailer from the sun? Other than making it shine.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #200

Name: Patti
Trailer: 13' Scamp
New York
How did your floor cleaner finish last?

I read your post about using the product from Lowes. I just bought a 13' Scamp (1994) and would like to restore the finish. I LOVE how yours turned out. Did it yellow over time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
I had read several post on here about Poliglow and bought some off e-bay for around $70.00 with shipping. I put 4 coats on one of my campers and I thought it really turn out great..then I found a post on a boat site where a guy said that Poliglow was the exact same thing as a floor finish..So after I bought this Trillium 1300 I'm working on I went to the local Lowes and bought a gallon jug of RED MAX PRO floor finish..The guy at the store told me it was used a lot on church floors and it really could take alot of abuse...I used the applicator I had from the Poliglow and after a really good cleaning with Bar Keepers Friend ( Dave the Trillium King told me about this product) I put 4 coats of the floor finish on..The 2 campers have been setting in the hot summer sun now for 2 1/2 months and I really think the one with the floor finish looks the best..I don't know how the products will standup over time but I will keep everyone up dated..I do know that mud and bird droppings wash off with a spray of the hose, it seams nothing really sticks to either of them..The poliglow says you need to put 1 refresher coat once a year and thats what I plan to do on the other one also..So now for pictures and I hope I can get them posted...Here are 3 of the 1300 with floor finish and the jug of finish I used..I'll post pictures of the one with poliglow in the next reply..I'm a chicken picker so it will take me a little time..
Old 06-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #201

Name: Patti
Trailer: 13' Scamp
New York
still happy with test strip?

Hi! I'm looking to use the Red Max Pro and am hoping you can let me know how the finish looks now. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark G. View Post
I made a post 6 months ago about my "Test Spot" with some floor stuff. The test spot still looks great.

After reading this thread I went out and bought a gallon of Red Max Pro.

All I can say is this stuff is shockingly good. The shine is unbelievable. I have a 1998 16' Scamp Deluxe.

After the first coat I wasn't sure but as you add coats it evens out. I have 2 coats on one side and 3 on the other so far. I think 4 coats will do it.

Nothing I have done has worked as well as this.

I'm very happy.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #202

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I put one coat of Red Max Pro #2 and one coat Red Max #3 on 1/3 of my camper today after scrubbing the entire thing with Barkeepers Friend= wow what a difference. Can't wait until tomorrow and put one another coat and finish the other 2/3. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #203

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
I'm a chicken picker so it will take me a little time..
Hi, Randy!

O.K., I'm finally going to ask- after all this time-
What the heck does the last line (above: 7/24/2010) of your original post MEAN?
What's a chicken picker?

Francesca
Old 06-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #204

Name: Randy
Trailer: (3)Trillium 4500,(4)Trillium 1300
Ardmore, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Hi, Randy!

O.K., I'm finally going to ask- after all this time-
What the heck does the last line (above: 7/24/2010) of your original post MEAN?
What's a chicken picker?

Francesca
"CHICKEN PICKER" definition...one who types with one finger

I've had Redmax on 2 campers close to a year now with "no" yellowing, "no" pealing, "no" problems what so ever...I'll post pictures very soon went camping over the Labor Day weekend and got them very muddy so they need a good washing first........................
Old 06-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #205

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I've got the gallon of Red Max Pro #3 wax but not the #2 sealer; are many of you applying a coat of #2? One side of el Gordo (Burro 17) is scrubbed down with Barkeeper's; not the other. The side currently clean also has a horrible patch of raising gel coat on the aft roof radius where I assume the fabmat or cloth was not wet out sufficiently to get a good bond. It's been painted and looks pretty sad so going to have to sand that down and do some body filler work there and probably try a gel coat top coat from a Prevail sprayer or maybe brush on and cut down. THEN maybe I can get the Red Max on that side. So far applied only to a very weathered house battery box and looks very good. Going to set up a section of scaffolding as working on this big fat thing working from a ladder and clinging to a waste stack vent or AC while scrubbing ain't so very safe. As for weight-bearing roof, it certainly has one probably due to the "beam" effect of the Pullman car "clerestory" that runs fore and aft.

jack
Old 06-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #206

Delaware
Faired in the bad patch mentioned above with white lightnin this afternoon. Unfortunately, I don't have the Evercoat PVA mold release that cooks off the gel goat (you old layup mechanics know that usually you spray the stuff on the mold AND THEN the gel coat; this way is bassakwards), so will have to check for that at Eastern Marine as I don't think trying to cure it with an application of saran wrap on this radius is going to work very well. Hoping to rebed one of the waste stack vents and the access door on the fridge AND the potable water chingus AND go over again with Bartender's this week and get the yellow waxy buildup done one side by next weekend. Then back it to other side of driveway, move scaffold and start all over on the starbd side. The bifurcation by vertical flange of clamshells appears to be the prime desideratum for determining what to do where. Probably good for me or I'd be trying to do everything at once.

jack
Old 06-06-2011, 06:10 AM   #207

Pennsylvania
Registry
"I've got the gallon of Red Max Pro #3 wax but not the #2 sealer; are many of you applying a coat of #2?"
I did but it doesn't appear to make any difference. But 2 coats of #3 does, so I'm not wasting my effort with #2 anymore.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #208

Delaware
Thanks for the advice, Jim.

jack
Old 06-07-2011, 06:43 AM   #209

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Massachusetts
Registry
I did not use any sealer. The stuff is sooo easy to put on. I used a microfiber cloth. Put on the rubber gloves. I soaked the cloth. Wrung it out. And just wiped it on. By the time I made it around the camper. I just went around again and again. It took no time at all. You can just keep going until you know it is done. The first coat even made it look so much better. Dont forget your pics...... before and after...
Old 06-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #210

Pennsylvania
Registry
recent application- 2 coats # 3- wash cloth, no gloves. now my fingernails look like I have nail polish, listen up guys, ask a girl to help you and get a free nail polish out of the deal.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00819.JPG   DSC00820.JPG  

DSC00821.JPG   DSC00822.JPG  

Tags
poliglow