Check this out NOT Poliglow...Time will tell.. - Page 19 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #253

Name: Randy
Trailer: (3)Trillium 4500,(4)Trillium 1300
Ardmore, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
i also used a microfiber towel. Picked it up at the dollar store for $1. Coats 3 and 4 on. A gallon of this stuff is more than enough to do a few rigs.

need pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #254

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Yes, maybe we should sell the excess in mason jars at our next rally. I think a Mason Jar is enough for 2 coats- what are they 16 oz?

Old 09-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #255

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Two Coats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
need pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I assume you want pictures of the rig and not the towel. This is the rig after two coats. In the morning I'll take the picture after 4 coats. Tonight my neighbor came over and asked me to do her truck cap.

We sold our Bounder yesterday. It should be gone by the weekend. Shortly there will be only one rig in the yard.
Attached Thumbnails
Two coats.jpg  

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #256

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
I assume you want pictures of the rig and not the towel. This is the rig after two coats. In the morning I'll take the picture after 4 coats. Tonight my neighbor came over and asked me to do her truck cap.

We sold our Bounder yesterday. It should be gone by the weekend. Shortly there will be only one rig in the yard.
Wow, that is shiny.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #257

Florida
Four Coats

I've now got four coats. Since this picture I have given the bumper box and propane tank four coats as well. Though the bumper box does not shine like the Scamp body becaue it's a rippled surface it's definitely shiny.

Now no surface will go uncoated. Next the battery box.
Attached Thumbnails
four coats2.jpg  

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #258

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
I've now got four coats. Since this picture I have given the bumper box and propane tank four coats as well. Though the bumper box does not shine like the Scamp body becaue it's a rippled surface it's definitely shiny.

Now no surface will go uncoated. Next the battery box.
Watch out Ginny, if you fall asleep Norm may coat you also!!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #259

Florida
Kinky, but like many kinky things interesting.

Would we save on shower water?

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #260

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Would we save on shower water?
Perhaps, but you'd have to grow your toe nails long or you might slide out of bed!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #261

Florida
Front Shot

I better change the direction before I have to moderate myself.

Here's a shot of the front. You can see the tongue in the reflection, particularly if you double click on the picture. As well I did the propane tank and the tongue. No choice Ginny was not compliant.
Attached Thumbnails
Front 4 coats.jpg  

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 09-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #262

Name: Stu
Trailer: Biggar
Saskatchewan
need a bit of help:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithA View Post
I picked up a gallon of the Zep at Home Depot this past weekend and started on my 85 Bigfoot. Have only finished a bit fo the back (haven't got to the ugly parts like the front or the roof yet) but it seems to work well. Light scrub with scotchbrite and Spray Nine, rinse, let it dry and apply and it it really shines after 3 or 4 coats. I found the floor sealer dries really quick (in our arid climate) so I'm apply to apply multiple coats in fairly quick succession. I'll post some pics as I make some progress.
Hi,I was a h-depot and was not sure what kind of Zep to buy? The sealer or the finish? Do I just put it on and let it dry or do I buff it? I'm new to this but would like to give it a coat or two before winter. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks, St
Old 09-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #263

Name: Randy
Trailer: (3)Trillium 4500,(4)Trillium 1300
Ardmore, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskstu View Post
Hi,I was a h-depot and was not sure what kind of Zep to buy? The sealer or the finish? Do I just put it on and let it dry or do I buff it? I'm new to this but would like to give it a coat or two before winter. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks, St
The Finish and make sure you camper is "CLEAN" "CLEAN" "CLEAN" then put 3 to 4 coats on with a micro cloth, very thin coats by the time you get all the way around the camper it will be dry and you can keep going around it...You should read post #239 in this thread it explains the process very well..............
Old 09-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #264

Name: Stu
Trailer: Biggar
Saskatchewan
thank-you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
The Finish and make sure you camper is "CLEAN" "CLEAN" "CLEAN" then put 3 to 4 coats on with a micro cloth, very thin coats by the time you get all the way around the camper it will be dry and you can keep going around it...You should read post #239 in this thread it explains the process very well..............
Perfect, I will get on it asap! Is there a BKF type cleaner available in Canada, did a quick search and seems you can get it at some stores up here, but I didn't recognize any of them... Stu
Old 09-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #265

Name: Keith
Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300 (gone) 1985 Bigfoot
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskstu View Post
Perfect, I will get on it asap! Is there a BKF type cleaner available in Canada, did a quick search and seems you can get it at some stores up here, but I didn't recognize any of them... Stu
Stu - I used Spray Nine and a green Scotchbrite scrubbie. The Spray Nine kills all the mildew, etc. and the Scothbrite removes the oxidation. As to which Zep, I am 99% sure I used the "Wet Look Floor Finish".

Yesterday, we pulled into the sani-dump at Bow Valley Provincial Park near Canmore, and pulled in behind a Bigfoot fifth wheel - my wife says "Well, at least we can admire someone else's Bigfoot while we wait". The people in the truck pulling the 5th wheel jumped out (her with a notepad in hand) and said "How did you make yours so SHINY?". We had a good chat while we waited.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #266

Name: Andy
Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler
Manitoba
I applied it with a micro fiber carwash mit I bought at our Dollar Store.I had my hands in regular Rubber Gloves so as not to coat them!
I can see that by next year this time,every Fiberglass trailer in North America is going to so SHINEY that it will be dangerous to drive on the roads!!!
I poured the RED MAX into an old liquid dish soap container with the pop-up cap (after washing all the soap out carefully of course ) as it is alot easied to pour it onto the applicator-glove that way rather than pouring it out of the large container.
Regretably,we just sold the Boler,as at 66 (next month ),we've decided to do our camping at the HOLIDAY INN.I'm sure the RED MAX had something to do with the new owners choosing our Beauty.Lovely young couple and I'm sure they'll have many happy years of Bolering in this Beauty.

Tags
poliglow