Maybe too much has already been said, but I feel the need to add my observations. We have had the Burro
for 11 years now, and without waxing, polishing, etc. except for sporadic unsuccessful attempts to shine it up.
Despite numerous products and good tools tried out, the gelcoat always looked like a diaper as far as shine is concerned, chalky and awful.
So when I finally looked at this thread I thought: what is there to lose? So I cleaned it up and tried it on a portion to see what would happen. The results are incredibly good from my point of view.
A few points from my experience: I tried a clean rag to apply it with, dabbing a little on at a time and found it quite unsatisfactory. When I dipped a "Dollar Store" microfiber piece in the stuff, wrung it out, folded it over three times and swept it on I knew I had found the solution. Fast, easy, and no problems with overlap.
I found that applying it with 30min. drying time was fine, and the shine was great at 4 coats, although I applied 5 coats on some portions.
Since I did it piecemeal I stuck the microfiber into a quart-sized Ziplock bag to avoid any drying out. Worked fine from one day to the next. Also, the cloth rinsed out in water very well and easily.
I applied generous coats, short of bubbling and dripping. Just a gentle wring-out got it to apply smoothly.
I noticed that for the next couple of days a few insects of a certain kind apparently were attracted to the surface, where they died. California has associated one or more of the components with birth defects. I suppose that California users could just pull their trailers across the border into Nevada, Arizona, or Oregon and they should be OK. I used the blue nitrile gloves and got nothing on my hands from this process, and the gloves did not fail and could be reused indefinitely.
I remember the old DuPont slogan "Better Living through Chemistry." For RedMax this certainly applies.
My heartfelt thanks to those who alerted me to this. The results are spectacular.