Check this out NOT Poliglow...Time will tell.. - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #101

Trailer: Casita
Lucky you to have a Barn to store the Casita in. What part of CO are you in? I'm in Aurora and would love to pay someone the same I'm paying to store outside, to put it in a Barn or something.

I'll sure be anxious to see how your new finish turns out.

Keith Williams
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #102

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David and Nancy View Post
I do have a question. If the Red Max has to someday be removed by a stripper or other harsh cleaner, how will that affect the vinyl decals on the trailer? There are a lot of decals on a Bigfoot and I would hate to destroy them with the wrong chemical.

I just stripped all the remainder of the poli-glow from one of my Trillium's with the Red Max stripper and it didn't do anything to any of the decals on it and they are at least 30 years old, so I don't think you will have a problem..I tried to keep from stripping the entire camper but in the end had to strip the whole thing and recoat it..The RedMax in my opion is hands down better than the Poli-Glow when it comes to the shine, I've used both products and had 2 separate campers.. coated one with Poli-Glow the other with RedMax, I first felt one may have a better gelcoat than the other but after stripping the Poli-Glow off and redoing it with RedMax the difference in the shine the RedMax gives is superior by far......
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #103

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
Randy: Thanks for the quick reply. That is all good news. I have a couple of minor "runs" with the Red Max that I will need to re-do. I forgot to get Red Max stripper last time I was at Lowes. It's over a hundred miles away so I'll have to get it next trip to town. The Bigfoot is looking good with four coats, other than my own small errors of drips and areas I could have cleaned more perfectly.

Keith: We are living on an old farm in Kiowa County while Nancy is assigned to Sand Creek Massacre National Historic Site. We don't know how long we will be here. I'm retired as a park ranger but Nancy has a few years to go. I'm trying to talk her into transfering us back to Alaska! In the meantime, I am loving the wide open spaces and the great sunsets.
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:48 AM   #104

Trailer: Casita
David, got your PM and replied to it. Gotta love them sunsets out here, eh?

Hope to see you soon.

Keith
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #105

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00017.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	31521I just took the Bigfoot out of the barn for the first time since applying the Red Max. It has never been this shiny before.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #106

Trailer: Boler American
Registry
Hi
I don't if it's late to post this , But about a month ago .We decide to polish our 72 American Boler with RedMax and, we are very happy with the result.It looks new again.
Attached Thumbnails
100_3307.jpg   100_4082.jpg  

JEAN-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #107

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Jean, that made a HUGE difference! Looks great!
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #108

Some comments about cleaning the Red Max surface. I just went on a 600 mile road trip in Colorado where I encountered mud, road tar and swarms of insects - including large grasshoppers. Some of this stuff came right off with a wet rag when done before drying out. But I had a lot of bugs that dried on for a couple of weeks after I got home. I used water and a blue scrubby to take off the dried insects and some mild spray cleaner to get the road oil. What was different is that these stains did not penetrate the fiberglass and the hard shine remained intact after the scrubbing. The waxes I have used in the past usually came right off with the cleaning.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:12 PM   #109

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Registry
Holee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David and Nancy View Post
Attachment 31521I just took the Bigfoot out of the barn for the first time since applying the Red Max. It has never been this shiny before.
===============
Wow, that's fantastic looking! I've used the Meguiar's polish and electric polisher, rubbed until my arms wanted to leave my body for someone else and no matter what, I couldn't get the shine like you have. I've got to give this a try. It'll have to wait until next Spring, but I will post results so that we can all benefit from this. Many thanks to the OP for starting this thread, too.
Cheers!
K Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #110

Name: Dot
Trailer: formerly 1984 Bigfoot 17' model 15B17G
British Columbia
Registry
Red Max Pro Polish

We just finished putting 3 coats of Red Max Pro on our Bigfoot, and I have to say that we are totally pleased with the shine and fantastic job this has done. We cleaned it first with Bar Keepers Friend, and that too is an amazing product. I am now using it on all kinds of household cleaning jobs. Thank you to everyone who has shared their experience on using these products. We can't be more pleased!!!
Dot G. in Yuma, Arizona
Dot G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #111

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot G View Post
We just finished putting 3 coats of Red Max Pro on our Bigfoot, and I have to say that we are totally pleased with the shine and fantastic job this has done. We cleaned it first with Bar Keepers Friend, and that too is an amazing product. I am now using it on all kinds of household cleaning jobs. Thank you to everyone who has shared their experience on using these products. We can't be more pleased!!!
Dot G. in Yuma, Arizona
I am convinced to try it, but where can we get Red Max Pro in Canada? I have looked in all the homeware stores I can find in Alberta, including the new Lowe's in Calgary, and can't find it. There also doesn't seem to be a website in canada that sells it. Help?
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
I am convinced to try it, but where can we get Red Max Pro in Canada? I have looked in all the homeware stores I can find in Alberta, including the new Lowe's in Calgary, and can't find it. There also doesn't seem to be a website in canada that sells it. Help?

I wish I could help you but I'm in Alabama a little far from Canada, but did you ask at the new Lowe's if that could order it for you, I would think that they would but don't know that for sure...this is a hardwood refinisher, knowing that you might find that the Canada stores carry a different name brand...If they do I would suggest you try it on a small scale to see if it stands up...Hope this helps RANDY
Old 10-29-2010, 07:32 PM   #113

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Can anybody please post the UPC, product #, manufacturer etc. so we can search for possible Canadian Suppliers?
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #114

Can't do that right now but I will get that information on here tomorrow for you.......RANDY
Old 10-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #115

I found a thread on Woodalls that said it was made by ZEP.
Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Waxing our RV motorhome...
Which says:
"It comes in variations 1 thru 4, all in a similar jug except for the little number on the label.

#1 is a stripper, #2 is a base sealer for porous surfaces, like concrete, #3 is wax and #4 is an after wax application floor cleaner."

Which makes me wonder if anybody has tried using the base sealer first?

Zep in Canada does not list Red Max. That makes me question if it does not go by a different name in Canada. Perhaps it is this:
ZEP - Zep Wet Look Floor Finish 3.78L - CAIMAGE128 - Home Depot Canada
Old 10-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #116

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Can't do that right now but I will get that information on here tomorrow for you.......RANDY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Can anybody please post the UPC, product #, manufacturer etc. so we can search for possible Canadian Suppliers?
Red Max Pro Step 3
Item # 216595
Model #RMPLM128
Low Maintenance Floor Finish
  • Scuff resistant, high-gloss shine
  • Dries Quickly
  • Contains 20% solids
  • Net contents 1 Gallon (3.78 liter)

UPC 021709006841
Distributed by Enforcer Products, a unit of Zep Inc. PO Box 1060 Cartersville, GA 30120 Made in USA
Old 10-30-2010, 04:57 AM   #117

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Roy,

Doesn't that just mean another camping trip to the states to stop at a Lowe's?

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:22 AM   #118

It could be a day trip for me Cindy, I'm thinking of the others who might not find it so easy to do. Zep is a big company in both the USA and Canada, with a lot of products, they would not be the first to rebrand a product across borders.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:37 AM   #119

Roy I noticed you posted the product from a Home Depot site have you checked there...It maybe that Lowes has the product locked up in the U.S. and Home Depot in Canada, because I have not found it in any of the Home Depot stores I've been to in the US, around here Home Depot does NOT carry any of the Zep products..I also noticed the items are in blue jugs in the U.S. they are in red jugs don't have the reason why my be for the different markets..............RANDY
Old 10-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #120

Trailer: Boler 1300 1969 (flat roof)
I'm pretty sure they're the same products. I checked my local Lowe's and Home Depot here in Toronto a couple months ago and found the same products Roy listed at Home Depot. In addition to the wet look high gloss they also had a slightly cheaper "high traffic" version which I assume has less of a gloss. I'm not sure which version would be the Redmax product. I didn't find anything at Lowe's but I was in a hurry and didn't ask either.

I would think using the sealer would help, maybe you'd need fewer finish coats?

I'm pretty sure this is the same stuff they use on the floors at work, I'll ask about it and what brand they use.

Kevin

Tags
poliglow