Check this out NOT Poliglow...Time will tell.. - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #141

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
I've been waiting on Spring to come around before I reported on how well the Red MaxPro has held up on my campers but with all the lastest questions being asked thought I would tell how it's done so far for me..I'm a die hard waterfowler and love to pheasant hunt also. Starting around mid October and through the rest of hunting season I've hauled my camper to Kansas twice, Arkansas 4 times and Mississippi 3 times over some of the worst muddy roads that can be found. The mud in Mississippi believe me can dry as hard as concrete, and through it all just a wash at the local carwash has done the trick. Sometimes it was left on for several days before being washed off other times it wasn't washed just hooked backup and on the road again. We have also had 2 snows this year that was around 6 to 8 inches each time(the most I've ever wittnessed, we don't usually get much snow) and it still looks as good as the day it was applied..I plan on hand washing it really good this spring and reapplying another coat or two. The poli-glow stuff says it needs a fresh coat once a year to maintain it and I think this would be a good idea for this product as well..I well post pictures of my camper after the hand washing this spring to compare with how it looked when first applyed and also one after the fresh coat..If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask..I read the tread that Lawrence posted and seen where that guy used a microfiber cloth and had some problems, I don't think it should be applied that way but with a shammie instead, with the poli-glow product it has a shammie that wraps around a block of wood with a thin piece of foam on it ..Hope this Helps
RANDY
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #142

Trailer: 77 Scamp
yeah its official...I'm going to try this, I desire a shiny trailer
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #143

So started this project...curse the broken camera...image a dull blah trailer about as shiny as chalk. I scrubbed, scrubbed more, scrubbed a third time with barkeepers friend. Took it to the car wash, psyched myself out a touch, washed it down again with tsp then a soap water bath (I wanted it really really clean) and then did a nice acetone wipe...wow that in itself brought out the trailer beauty. Just applied my first coat to the top half...ehhh on the shine factor but I can see where its headed..yup prepare yourself for trailer envy becasue your going to need sunglasses by the time I'm finished. Will get some after photos when this is all done...I figure if it yellows or peels I can cross that road <or sell it hahahaha>
Old 03-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #144

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
Can't wait to see it
Rick Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #145

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygal View Post
..yup prepare yourself for trailer envy becasue your going to need sunglasses by the time I'm finished.
Darn you I hope your not parked right next to me next month!!!!!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Darn you I hope your not parked right next to me next month!!!!!

yeah well when you trying not to burn your retina's staring at mine I'll longingly wish I had a flat screen tv like yours
Old 03-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #147

Registry
Quote:
yeah well when you trying not to burn your retina's staring at mine I'll longingly wish I had a flat screen tv like yours
That settles it! I will pack my sunglasses to save my eyes if you bring a couple of good DVD's.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #148

Quote:
So started this project...curse the broken camera...image a dull blah trailer about as shiny as chalk. I scrubbed, scrubbed more, scrubbed a third time with barkeepers friend. Took it to the car wash, psyched myself out a touch, washed it down again with tsp then a soap water bath (I wanted it really really clean) and then did a nice acetone wipe...wow that in itself brought out the trailer beauty. Just applied my first coat to the top half...ehhh on the shine factor but I can see where its headed..yup prepare yourself for trailer envy becasue your going to need sunglasses by the time I'm finished. Will get some after photos when this is all done...I figure if it yellows or peels I can cross that road <or sell it hahahaha>
I have not had any problems with this accuring and now that more people are using the product I was wondering if anyone has had any issues at all so far..Mine is still in GREAT shape after one ruff winter of camping, muddy roads, down pours and snow..Just wanted to here from a few others on their propective........Good Luck RANDY
Old 03-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #149

Coat number 2 top half only..
W>>>>>>>>>>>>>O>>>>>>>>>>>>>W

I love this stuff. I was contemplating new gel coat prior to this and va va voom my trailer is looking nice and shiny. I have only done the top half so far. The prep work was by far the hardest ...this is just wipe and and watch it dry...

I love it
Old 03-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #150

So here are some pictures... top has 2 coat bottom no coats
Attached Thumbnails
trailer shine 002.jpg   trailer shine 004.jpg  

Old 03-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #151

Registry
Quote:
So here are some pictures... top has 2 coat bottom no coats
Doesnt the temp outside need to be a bit higher for it to set up correctly???
Old 03-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Doesnt the temp outside need to be a bit higher for it to set up correctly???

well find out........I am putting it on as thinly as possible getting the rag wet then wringing it out more like wiping a counter with a damp cloth then slopping it on. Lets hope its warm enough
Old 03-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #153

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Flygal, it will be fine. It just takes a few seconds longer to dry between coats in the cold weather. By the time you apply a coat, the starting point will be dry before you are finished with the side.
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #154

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
It looks really nice!!!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #155

If you squint your eyes the second photo you can see the reflection of my house
Old 03-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
Flygal, it will be fine. It just takes a few seconds longer to dry between coats in the cold weather. By the time you apply a coat, the starting point will be dry before you are finished with the side.

I'm giving it a day between coats to be on the safe side...i know its a tad cold but its not freezing temps and dang it I'm too impatient to wait til spring
Old 03-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #157

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Wow, Scamps tend not to be the shiney-est! But Dang your is gonna be Flygal....... Keep up the great work..........
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #158

its so shiny I can't believe it....<kisses trailer> I ♥ my scamp
Old 04-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #159

Name: Lee
Trailer: HR Endeavor
California
This is my very first post here and I have read this Thread in it's entirety and very impressed with the results of RED MAX PRO..

I have a 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and I am in the process of stripping and removing the graphics. I have used Turtle Wax rubbing compound on the whole Motor Home. So far my coach is pretty shinny. I am wondering if I can use RED PRO MAX after my new graphics are installed.

I understand that it is recommended to use Bar Keeper Cleaner and Scotch Bright Pads. (Green or White?) which will dull the finish I have... Here is my question.

Do I need to use the Bar Keepers Cleaner or can I just use RED PRO MAX?

I sure like the pictures on here I have seen...

Thanks for your opinions...... Lee
LeeB1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB1969 View Post
This is my very first post here and I have read this Thread in it's entirety and very impressed with the results of RED MAX PRO..

I have a 2001 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and I am in the process of stripping and removing the graphics. I have used Turtle Wax rubbing compound on the whole Motor Home. So far my coach is pretty shinny. I am wondering if I can use RED PRO MAX after my new graphics are installed.

I understand that it is recommended to use Bar Keeper Cleaner and Scotch Bright Pads. (Green or White?) which will dull the finish I have... Here is my question.

Do I need to use the Bar Keepers Cleaner or can I just use RED PRO MAX?

I sure like the pictures on here I have seen...

Thanks for your opinions...... Lee
It's "VERY VERY" important to have your camper as clean as possible because this product will seal any dirt or grime under it and you will have to strip this off to clean off any dirt that gets trapped..If you used Turtle Wax rubbing compound on it I think it would leave a wax build up behind..I would pick a small spot and see if the wax makes it bead up like rain does on wax, if so then you will need to strip the entire camper and get all the wax off with a ammonia product..Once you have that done you need to put 4 to 5 cpoats of REDMAX on and you will be good to go...And don't forget to post before and after pictures we all love pictures...Hope this helps RANDY

Tags
poliglow