Check this out NOT Poliglow...Time will tell.. - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #161

Name: Lee
Trailer: HR Endeavor
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
It's "VERY VERY" important to have your camper as clean as possible because this product will seal any dirt or grime under it and you will have to strip this off to clean off any dirt that gets trapped..If you used Turtle Wax rubbing compound on it I think it would leave a wax build up behind..I would pick a small spot and see if the wax makes it bead up like rain does on wax, if so then you will need to strip the entire camper and get all the wax off with a ammonia product..Once you have that done you need to put 4 to 5 cpoats of REDMAX on and you will be good to go...And don't forget to post before and after pictures we all love pictures...Hope this helps RANDY
Thanks Randy. The Graphics are being installed this coming week and it will take at least a week for them to be installed. That's a great idea about finding a test spot. I'll give it a shot. I'll post before and after once I get going....
LeeB1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #162

Name: Ian
Trailer: '74 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Does any know where I can get Red Max Pro around Vancouver BC? We don't have a Loews here.
IanWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #163

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWR View Post
Does any know where I can get Red Max Pro around Vancouver BC? We don't have a Loews here.
Do you have a Home Depot if so they carry ZEP FLOOR FINISH and it is the exact same thing..REDMAX is made by ZEP and Lowe's sells REDMAX and HOME DEPOT sells ZEP or that's how it is here in the southern states..............
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #164

British Columbia
Quote:
Do you have a Home Depot if so they carry ZEP FLOOR FINISH and it is the exact same thing..REDMAX is made by ZEP and Lowe's sells REDMAX and HOME DEPOT sells ZEP or that's how it is here in the southern states..............
Yes, Home Depot has ZEP but they have several different polishes - any idea which one is a match for Red Max?

BTW thanks for your help.
Cheers
Old 04-16-2011, 10:38 PM   #165

Quote:
Yes, Home Depot has ZEP but they have several different polishes - any idea which one is a match for Red Max?

Cheers

I'll find out tomorrow and let you know.................
Old 04-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #166

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Here are before and after pictures of my last Burro with the Red Max Pro applied.

I know everyone has had good luck with the Bar Keepers cleanser, but I was too lazy to go out and look for it. I experemented with cleaners that I had on hand at the shop. I found that Mean Green cleaner and degreaser mixed with Clorox worked perfectly. All of the chalking, mildew, tree sap and any stains lifted off with minimal work. I tried using the scotch brite scrub pads and also used a stiff bristle scrub brush, getting the same results with both. I applied the solution on to the camper with a pump stlye tank sprayer in sections, let it soak for a couple of minutes then scrubbed it with the brush. Areas that needed more attention were scrubbed with the scouring pad, but not the entire camper. I have done this with the last 3 campers, 2 being Burros and one a Casita, and both achieved a high gloss shine. Note that none of the campers I have done had any factory gell coat shine left, they were all pretty flat white when I started. I am assuming that if you have a partially shiny camper that you will have to scuff the surface with the scotch brite pads to dull the shine so that the Red Max Pro will adhere to the camper. I have had nothing but good luck with this product, and even recently applied it to my fathers 1989 Bass Boat. His boat looks like new again also and being submerged in water for hours at a time does not have any afect on it.

This is just my 2 cents worth. If your camper is as dull as my past Burros, you may not have as hard a time prepping it as you had thought. I completed the camper pictured in about 5 hours, but that was allowing extra dry time between coats due to the temperature in February. With temp above 60 degrees, the finish dries as fast as you can go around the trailer with no delay for dry time!
Attached Thumbnails
burro1.jpg   burro2.jpg  

burro 028.jpg   burro 029.jpg  

Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #167

Trailer: 1980 16 ft Scamp (Restored)
Registry
Red Max Pro testimonial

I applied 4 thin coats in April after a thorough cleaning. Looks fine, except I think I rubbed a little to hard with Scotch pads. Mine is an old 1980 16' Scamp, and the Red MAX Pro brought back an "original" shine. No photos yet, will include after I get it out of the "ScampPort."
Lawrence
Lawrence W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #168

Quote:

Cheers

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you I've been out iof town and also been covered up with Doc appointments..But here's a picture of the ZEP product you asked for..Hope this helps RANDY
Attached Thumbnails
zep_009.jpg  
Old 04-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #169

British Columbia
Quote:
Sorry for the delay in getting back with you I've been out iof town and also been covered up with Doc appointments..But here's a picture of the ZEP product you asked for..Hope this helps RANDY
Thanks a million! They have "wet look" and "heavy traffic" varieties and I didn't know which was the equivalent.

Thanks again.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:30 PM   #170

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Massachusetts
Registry
Before and after with the Redmax and new molding around the belly band. Pics taken indoors from same angle and lighting to see the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
b1.JPG   b2.JPG  

b3.JPG   b4.JPG  

a1.JPG   a2.JPG  

a3.JPG   a4.JPG  

new band1.JPG   new band 2.JPG  

Gumpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #171

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Beautiful!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #172

British Columbia
Wow !!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 07:35 AM   #173

Name: Andrew
Trailer: Modified Trillium Jubilee
Ontario
Registry
Sweet!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #174

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpit View Post
Before and after with the Redmax and new molding around the belly band. Pics taken indoors from same angle and lighting to see the difference.
Hi, Randy Gumpit!

I see you've got the Classic Factory Installed "Correct" Trillium door fit!
I sure wish I'd found this site before I took mine off three times...
Question: Am I looking at new striping and logos?
If so, where did you get the materials?
Is that a stripe above the belly band?
Thanks

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #175

Massachusetts
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Hi, Randy Gumpit!

I see you've got the Classic Factory Installed "Correct" Trillium door fit!
I sure wish I'd found this site before I took mine off three times...
Question: Am I looking at new striping and logos?
If so, where did you get the materials?
Is that a stripe above the belly band?
Thanks

Francesca
Yes I have the same factory misalignment. But it works. I still do not like the way the door handle has to be opened to get the door to shut. Especially with the hard to find door handles these things have. My handle works fine but just in case I bought a rebuild kit(Bargman L-400) on Ebay a couple weeks ago just in case.The logos on mine were in good shape. I did another thread on replacing the belly band and took pics of it with the stripe off. It was all dried and cracked and was a pain to get off. I used a heat gun and Goof-Off. I bought the 2" stripe and put that on when I did the belly band. I then sent it out for a new axle and just got it back. I bought the 34' molding(Ebay: search... 34' molding) but I wanted it to have a little color so I added a 3/4" pinstripe just above it. I got the 3/4" from a friend who had some lying around.2" striping link below... If you have the logos on your camper still but they are cracked. You can bring it to a sign place. With all the vinyl lettering they do now they can just trace it and make new ones. Randy

added after:
http://www.decalzone.com/striping/solid.php
Old 04-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #176

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Randy G.,

Thanks!

What's the name of the vinyl color you're using?

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #177

Massachusetts
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Randy G.,

Thanks!

What's the name of the vinyl color you're using?

Francesca
I used the Olympic Blue but I saw a post somewhere where someone said it was another color.Maybe the Vivid Blue. As far as I can tell the 2" stripes match my logos pretty well. But again my logos were in better shape than my original stripes. So maybe someone changed them before I got it.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:17 AM   #178

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
This might be a little off topic but there are some great photos of before and afters of polishing on a variety of things from airplanes to trailers. The red boat sure looks like gelcoat to me. Amazing differences!
before & after assorted pictures of customers polished boats,cars,trucks,airplanes,wheels,mags,rims,plexi glass,lexan,aluminium.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:21 AM   #179

Massachusetts
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
This might be a little off topic but there are some great photos of before and afters of polishing on a variety of things from airplanes to trailers. The red boat sure looks like gelcoat to me. Amazing differences!
before & after assorted pictures of customers polished boats,cars,trucks,airplanes,wheels,mags,rims,plexi glass,lexan,aluminium.
They look nice. But I am lazy and I love the fact I don't have to spend a lot of muscle trying to polish it. Just wipe on the Redmax let it dry and repeat. I think I did mine about 5 times. In fact it dried so fast I was able to just start at one point and move around the trailer and by the time I got back to the starting point it was totally dry. Randy
Old 04-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #180

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I put on a couple coats of Redmax two weeks ago on the only nice weekend we've had here in Chicago for about 9 months. I used a soft lint-free towel and just rubbed it on. It dried really fast, so a couple coats were done in the time it took me to move the ladder around the trailer. Looks great! I'll put some more on later this spring. Now we'll see how it lasts.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
poliglow