Check this out NOT Poliglow...Time will tell.. - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #181

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Massachusetts
Registry
NOW WHAT DO I DO WITH THOSE UGLY HUBCAPS!!!! Paint them or replace them. They look like they are off some stalker van. I can't find the moon caps cheap enough... I can go with the plastic ones temprarily until I do. Suggestions? Randy
Gumpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:58 PM   #182

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpit View Post
NOW WHAT DO I DO WITH THOSE UGLY HUBCAPS!!!! Paint them or replace them. They look like they are off some stalker van. I can't find the moon caps cheap enough... I can go with the plastic ones temprarily until I do. Suggestions? Randy

Might consider getting a set of aluminum 14" Ford Ranger Wheels they will bolt right to it and give you a little lift..I've done that on 3 of mine so far and have pulled them several hundred miles and they are perfect..I find them on craig list usually for around $100.00 for a set of 4..I've got both types the ones they call bullet wheels which are holes and the other type they call deer foot..I really like the bullet better but the deer foot one's were so cheap I couldn't pass on them they were $50.00 for the set..Just make sure you get the center caps because they will cost you more than the rims...You can see them in some of my other post..................
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #183

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpit View Post
I put beauty rings, chrome lugnuts, and metallic blue valvestem caps on mine...
It looks really good with the black wheels and black "bras" on the Bearing Buddies.

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #184

Bet that looks nice as well....Need photo's.................
Old 04-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #185

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Bet that looks nice as well....Need photo's.................
Here you go!
I got the beauty rings from Edwin at the local wrecking yard..
.................................................. .....................................Click image for larger version

Name:	<a title=Trillium Tires 001.jpg Views: 68 Size: 307.9 KB ID: 35456" style="margin: 2px" /> ............................................Pics are natural light...I do love shiny things!
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #186

Name: Nikki
Trailer: Fleetwood
Florida
Quote:
I had read several post on here about Poliglow and bought some off e-bay for around $70.00 with shipping. I put 4 coats on one of my campers and I thought it really turn out great..then I found a post on a boat site where a guy said that Poliglow was the exact same thing as a floor finish..So after I bought this Trillium 1300 I'm working on I went to the local Lowes and bought a gallon jug of RED MAX PRO floor finish..The guy at the store told me it was used a lot on church floors and it really could take alot of abuse...I used the applicator I had from the Poliglow and after a really good cleaning with Bar Keepers Friend ( Dave the Trillium King told me about this product) I put 4 coats of the floor finish on..The 2 campers have been setting in the hot summer sun now for 2 1/2 months and I really think the one with the floor finish looks the best..I don't know how the products will standup over time but I will keep everyone up dated..I do know that mud and bird droppings wash off with a spray of the hose, it seams nothing really sticks to either of them..The poliglow says you need to put 1 refresher coat once a year and thats what I plan to do on the other one also..So now for pictures and I hope I can get them posted...Here are 3 of the 1300 with floor finish and the jug of finish I used..I'll post pictures of the one with poliglow in the next reply..I'm a chicken picker so it will take me a little time..

I have read these threads about Red Max Pro compared to Poli Glow. I am no expert but I can tell you that I live in Tampa Florida and we used Poli Glow for several years on my father’s 30’ Coachmen motorhome. Every year I’d help him clean it and we would reapply a coat or two of Poli Glow. I think we used Poli Glow for at least 6 years and it continued to look good even after he sold the coach a couple of years ago.

Last year I purchased a used fiberglass pop up tent trailer which was quite dull. I had read about Red Max Pro and purchased it from Lowes. I pre cleaned using the Barkeepers cleanser and applied 5 coats of the Red Max with an old Poli Glow applicator I had. I got to say it looked great for the first four months but then I noticed it started to turn very yellow. It just seemed to get worse and worse and I ended up stripping it all off using ammonia, that is not fun to work with. I’ve switched back to Poli Glow, I know it works well.

rvrideout
rvrideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #187

Name: Nikki
Trailer: Fleetwood
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark G. View Post
I made a post 6 months ago about my "Test Spot" with some floor stuff. The test spot still looks great.

After reading this thread I went out and bought a gallon of Red Max Pro.

All I can say is this stuff is shockingly good. The shine is unbelievable. I have a 1998 16' Scamp Deluxe.

After the first coat I wasn't sure but as you add coats it evens out. I have 2 coats on one side and 3 on the other so far. I think 4 coats will do it.

Nothing I have done has worked as well as this.

I'm very happy.

I have read these threads about Red Max Pro compared to Poli Glow. I am no expert but I can tell you that I live in Tampa Florida and we used Poli Glow for several years on my father’s 30’ Coachmen motorhome. Every year I’d help him clean it and we would reapply a coat or two of Poli Glow. I think we used Poli Glow for at least 6 years and it continued to look good even after he sold the coach a couple of years ago.

Last year I purchased a used fiberglass pop up tent trailer which was quite dull. I had read about Red Max Pro and purchased it from Lowes. I pre cleaned using the Barkeepers cleanser and applied 5 coats of the Red Max with an old Poli Glow applicator I had. I got to say it looked great for the first four months but then I noticed it started to turn very yellow. It just seemed to get worse and worse and I ended up stripping it all off using ammonia, that is not fun to work with. I’ve switched back to Poli Glow, I know it works well.

rvrideout
rvrideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #188

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
I have have used liquid floor wax for 4 years with no problems are you sure it is a fiberglass shell ?
Rick Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #189

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Massachusetts
Registry
Good thing the Trilliums arent white then...lol... Looks awesome. Took it on its maiden camping voyage Thursday and last night and I love it. I got compliments at the first place I stopped at everywhere else I was. Loving it. Randy
Gumpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #190

Name: Denis
Trailer: 5TH WHEEL
New York
Thanks Randy I started using the Red Max on our 5th wheel (2008) this weekend. So like everybody else says " WOW". The wife said O.M.G. it looks like it just got out of the factory. I will be using it on the bottom sheet metal as that makes it pop. Also will use it on the plastic rear bumper. I dont know if I really want to spread the word about the Red Max! I think I just want to let people think I put hours & days of work on it like I used too before Red Max.
djs14534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #191

Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13 ft
WOW!! Red Max

We applied 4 coats of Red Max this weekend on our '98 Scamp and it looks brand new. We used Barkeeper's friend with homemade wooden paddles and Scotch Brite pads to remove the RTV that the previous owner had used around the caps. We scrubbed the complete trailer with Barkeeper's Friend to be sure it was clean before applying the Red Max. Here are some before and after photos. Ed D
Attached Thumbnails
pre wax.jpg   pre wax1.jpg  

wax 001.jpg   wax 002.jpg  

Ed D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #192

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Michigan
Quote:
Might consider getting a set of aluminum 14" Ford Ranger Wheels they will bolt right to it and give you a little lift..I've done that on 3 of mine so far and have pulled them several hundred miles and they are perfect..I find them on craig list usually for around $100.00 for a set of 4..I've got both types the ones they call bullet wheels which are holes and the other type they call deer foot..I really like the bullet better but the deer foot one's were so cheap I couldn't pass on them they were $50.00 for the set..Just make sure you get the center caps because they will cost you more than the rims...You can see them in some of my other post..................
Randy will those fit Scamps to? Thanks
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #193

Michigan
Is it real hard to keep it off windows and trim? I assume that would be a mess?
Old 05-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #194

Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13 ft
Iplumb- We put the red max on with micro fiber cloth in very thin coats. We applied the stuff to the trim and around the windows ( not the rubber). I used Armoral on the rubber. We did however get a few drips on the glass. When it dried I took a little acetone on a rag and wiped it off,then using windex cleaned the windows. I am very pleased with the results, it looks like a new trailer. Ed D
Ed D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
Randy will those fit Scamps to? Thanks

I know for sure they want fit the old ones because the old ones I've had were 4 lug...Don't know about the New ones sorry...RANDY
Old 06-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #196

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
For those that have used the redmax/Zep products, have any of you had to do repairs to the gelcoat before applying or have you gone over chips/scratches with the product?

I have a small area that has delaminated the gelcoat on one corner from rock chips or weather and a few repairs (clear epoxy) and scratches around the door.

How did it look after (did it accentuate the blemishes)?
If you did repairs, what did you use to match the gelcoat and where can I get some.

how did the repairs to gelcoat look after done compared to the older oxidized gelcoat?
Mike and Sarah K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #197

Michigan
are you guys using liquid or the powder Bar Keepers Friend?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #198

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb
are you guys using liquid or the powder Bar Keepers Friend?
The powder.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #199

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I wonder if this coating will protect the trailer from the sun? Other than making it shine.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #200

Name: Patti
Trailer: 13' Scamp
New York
How did your floor cleaner finish last?

I read your post about using the product from Lowes. I just bought a 13' Scamp (1994) and would like to restore the finish. I LOVE how yours turned out. Did it yellow over time?

Quote:
I had read several post on here about Poliglow and bought some off e-bay for around $70.00 with shipping. I put 4 coats on one of my campers and I thought it really turn out great..then I found a post on a boat site where a guy said that Poliglow was the exact same thing as a floor finish..So after I bought this Trillium 1300 I'm working on I went to the local Lowes and bought a gallon jug of RED MAX PRO floor finish..The guy at the store told me it was used a lot on church floors and it really could take alot of abuse...I used the applicator I had from the Poliglow and after a really good cleaning with Bar Keepers Friend ( Dave the Trillium King told me about this product) I put 4 coats of the floor finish on..The 2 campers have been setting in the hot summer sun now for 2 1/2 months and I really think the one with the floor finish looks the best..I don't know how the products will standup over time but I will keep everyone up dated..I do know that mud and bird droppings wash off with a spray of the hose, it seams nothing really sticks to either of them..The poliglow says you need to put 1 refresher coat once a year and thats what I plan to do on the other one also..So now for pictures and I hope I can get them posted...Here are 3 of the 1300 with floor finish and the jug of finish I used..I'll post pictures of the one with poliglow in the next reply..I'm a chicken picker so it will take me a little time..
PattiMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
poliglow