clean up - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: Own a 2013 BF 21 foot.
California
clean up

Hello,
Proud owner of a 2013 Bigfoot 21RB. Have a bug or two commit suicide on the front of my BF and a few bird deposits also. I used Windex window clearner and cleaned up nicely. Being new to fiberglass I got to thinking I should ask the board for their wisdom and ask if there's any harm using Windex for fiberglass clear coat touch up? Thanks.

David
Socal
lifermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I think Windex contains ammonia, which will remove wax along with the bugs. I use Turtle Wax Bug 'n Tar. Works very well and shines.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: Own a 2013 BF 21 foot.
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I think Windex contains ammonia, which will remove wax along with the bugs. I use Turtle Wax Bug 'n Tar. Works very well and shines.
Thanks for the info. I'll check the lable but to be on the safe side I'll get to walmart tomorrow for some of that turtle wax bug n tar remover.

David
lifermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #4

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
We use Bounce fabric softener sheets. They work real good for us on the truck and the camper. Any brand will work but the Bounce work best. We also use them on the car and always have.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote