cleaning the rat fur - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #15
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
We used the spray on type canisters of carpet foam that you then brush in and let dry. Then use the shop vac to clean the trailer.
I only had to do this after a spill but the vac is used each spring. That stuff still looks like new after 24 years and we've had no problems with it. A good spray of Scotch Guard doesn't hurt either.

james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:40 PM   #16
Trailer: 2007 17 ft Escape B / RAV4 (19 ft74 13 ft Boler for sale)
The Late and Great Ratatouille -- Traveled from Florida to Newfoundland, back to Florida, then to PacNW and then to Alaska -- He died at a state park in Alaska, by a lake, so I buried him up on a hill.

BTW, even the real rat fur comes in several kinds, smooth, longer and semi-curly, plus the hairless (really fur-less because they do have tiny hairs) -- At normal rat temperature of 106*, the hair-less rats feel very warm.

One doesn't need to clean the real rats, BTW, because they clean themselves and each other all the time, even more than cats do.
Ratatouille was quite a looker. And what a travel log he had.
I remember a friend's hairless rat who was quite social. And as a child, my brother had a white rat who could charm the fur off of any mammal.
Rats don't get the credit they deserve.

Deb H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:04 PM   #17
Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel

A stupid question, but here goes anyway...what do you use to clean the rat fur? For general maintenance, will just any carpet cleaner work, or is there something that is preferred??? Thanks!
I use a Bissel upright and the little hand turbo brush cleaner that attaches to the hose. Lots of dust and stuff comes off. Do it twice a year.

Jim Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote